• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.4

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burger with a walkoff tater...clinching the series loss. Ouch.
Kopech is sheer garbage. One way or another I'm betting this his last season with the Sox. He'll either be traded or cut.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive news of the day for us Sox fans is Crochet being named to the All Star team, altho it was expected. Nevertheless, congrats big guy!!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is older (end of may) but still a good read if you haven't seen it. the comments at the bottom are particularly interesting.

Last edited:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 out of 2 ain't bad.

#FM

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I completely forgot today was the start of the draft. The Sox chose LH pitcher Hagen Smith, Arkansas, age 20 (21 next month). He's considered the top LH pitcher in the draft, with a FB already touching 100mph, altho it regularly sits in the mid-high 90's. His best pitch however is considered his slider. His angular pitching style seems a bit reminiscent of one Chris Sale, altho Smith is a bit stockier.

Makes one wonder if this means the Sox are more likely to trade Crochet now that Smith is under foot.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I completely forgot today was the start of the draft. The Sox chose LH pitcher Hagen Smith, Arkansas, age 20 (21 next month). He's considered the top LH pitcher in the draft, with a FB already touching 100mph, altho it regularly sits in the mid-high 90's. His best pitch however is considered his slider. His angular pitching style seems a bit reminiscent of one Chris Sale, altho Smith is a bit stockier.

Makes one wonder if this means the Sox are more likely to trade Crochet now that Smith is under foot.

I mean...We just like left handed pitchers that can throw fire....Crochet is gone for sure. Probably before this week is out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...We just like left handed pitchers that can throw fire....Crochet is gone for sure. Probably before this week is out.
I ws thinking soon after the All Star game is when he'll be traded. Of course the big IF is making sure Getz what he wants in prospect capital, maybe ven a major leaguer thrown in as well. If no team is willing to pony up, then Crochet remains a Good Guy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ws thinking soon after the All Star game is when he'll be traded. Of course the big IF is making sure Getz what he wants in prospect capital, maybe ven a major leaguer thrown in as well. If no team is willing to pony up, then Crochet remains a Good Guy.
They were waiting for the draft to see what other teams would have and obviously what we got. I would bet against Crochet pitching for us again in 2024.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would the sox expect to be in, say, 3 years. a contender? if they did then why, other than out of plain stupidity, wouldn't they want a potential 28 year old cy young winner like crochet leading that team?
i'll say it again. the sox would have to be run by the stupidest people in the business to trade away the one potential gem they have for yet another unknown quantity like the crud that has been trickling thru their system for years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were waiting for the draft to see what other teams would have and obviously what we got. I would bet against Crochet pitching for us again in 2024.
For all we know, there might already be a trade in place or at least in the works, but the Sox want to see Crochet in their uniform at the AS game, which is only a day away. So yeah, you could very well be right.