• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.4

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reinsdorf in talks to sell the Sox - crazy if the rumors are true.
I'm closing my eyes and clicking the heels of my ruby red slippers three times..............

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #5 pick on the MLB first round draft in 2023 - by the Sox. He plays SS - has made it to AA. The Sox had to change his batting stance - from his U - Mississippi national champions. He has shown well at SS - and will continue to play there. He had a really good stretch with the bat early this season but stalled out later in the year. The talk this year is to let him work on his bat control and try to move him off being a long ball hitter (in his mind). Keep the autograph - the value is still out.
Back in my day, you actually had to be on the big league team to get a card lol.

Can you imagine being like 10 years old and pulling a card like this? “Who’s this guy dad?” “Give it 4 years son and then you’ll know. I know that’s a long time, but look at the bright side son, it’s still better than a Benitendi.”

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm closing my eyes and clicking the heels of my ruby red slippers three times..............
Don’t get your hopes up. It’s probably posturing for the new stadium Jerry wants. Seen this song and dance before.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t get your hopes up. It’s probably posturing for the new stadium Jerry wants. Seen this song and dance before.
Agreed, but then again it would be typical of him to look for a buyer now. He could have quite wisely at least put some feelers out there a few years back when it looked as if the Sox were headed for multiple years of playoff contention. Who knows what kinds of offers he might have received. Instead, he waits for the wheels fell off and now his ballclub reigns as one of the worst franchises in MLB history. Potential buyers are now looking for swap meet prices.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So odd to hear Dave Stewart's name pop up as an ownership group. Adds to the fakey feel to it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So odd to hear Dave Stewart's name pop up as an ownership group. Adds to the fakey feel to it.
Apparently he leads a group of investors who are hoping to purchase & locate a franchise in Nashville, but that's based on acquiring an expansion team. Still, I'd be a bit concerned if Reinsdorf would be in serious negotiations with them. OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's using this as leverage for the new stadium.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he leads a group of investors who are hoping to purchase & locate a franchise in Nashville, but that's based on acquiring an expansion team. Still, I'd be a bit concerned if Reinsdorf would be in serious negotiations with them. OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's using this as leverage for the new stadium.
He's only got one play in his play book.