• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts for a Healthy Forum

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I think this really is an excellent forum. But I know a few good members have left us because they felt (rightly or wrongly) that their opinions were not welcome or that they were in the minority and their opinions were not wanted. And maybe even felt attacked. (And to be fair, some of them - like all forums have - were somewhat oboxious at times and took to attacking individauls, not the individual's opinions.)

Yesterday I was introduced to Rabbi Sacks (Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks | Official Website) and one of the things I read led me to think, "this is great for not only personal interactions, but also even something like a forum." I'm sure due to the nature of forums, (Like any political forum - including here on the Hoop - this won't be adhered to by everyone, but if those of us who are core to this small community held to these, it will remain a healthy forum.)

Here were his steps for dialogue in conflict:
1. Respect different perspectives.
2. Actively listen and seek to understand the other.
3. Never use force … physical, psychological or verbal.
4. Be open to the outcome … you may be right, you may be wrong.
5. See disagreement as a collaborative activity in pursuit of honesty and truth.
6. Accept disagreement as a legitimate, even holy, part of life.
7. Keep talking.

OK, enough preaching! Carry on with football conversations! :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I think this really is an excellent forum. But I know a few good members have left us because they felt (rightly or wrongly) that their opinions were not welcome or that they were in the minority and their opinions were not wanted. And maybe even felt attacked. (And to be fair, some of them - like all forums have - were somewhat oboxious at times and took to attacking individauls, not the individual's opinions.)

Yesterday I was introduced to Rabbi Sacks (Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks | Official Website) and one of the things I read led me to think, "this is great for not only personal interactions, but also even something like a forum." I'm sure due to the nature of forums, (Like any political forum - including here on the Hoop - this won't be adhered to by everyone, but if those of us who are core to this small community held to these, it will remain a healthy forum.)

5. See disagreement as a collaborative activity in pursuit of honesty and truth.
7. Keep talking.

There you go with the wisdom again -what's wrong with you?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See ya in September :D
You know you can’t stop from contributing to draft talk.

speed…blah, blah, blah…speed…blah, blah, blah….speed… ;)

Love you, man!

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you can’t stop from contributing to draft talk.

speed…blah, blah, blah…speed…blah, blah, blah….speed… ;)

Love you, man!
To be fair a turtle has speed at my age. Love you Man (Daddio)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never took you for a navy man George, what with the shots across my bow.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never took you for a navy man George, what with the shots across my bow.
I didn't have anyone in mind - these just seemed pretty darn practical to me, my friend!

Reactions: LGM

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7. Keep talking.

When I first saw "Rabbi Sacks", I figured it was yet another edge rusher in the draft

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS - @LGM - don't stop with your humor, even if Mingo and I are the only two old enough to appreciate it!

Reactions: LGM

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, the members here are the best collection of people I have come across in a social online setting ... the old cliche about having a great friend, and not seeing them for years - and you finally do, it's as if no time has passed - that definitely holds true here ...

With all ups and downs and trauma that life away from the 'net can present, to live all that and still look forward to logging in each day - that is really saying something special, about a special place ...

The actual Bronco games are great, but there isn;t much of a dropoff during the offseason in football interest - and that;s because of the people here

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smells like broccoli in this thread.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smells like broccoli in this thread.
This stirs up a rather funny memory of my teenage years .... I was dating a smart-ass girl who seemed to revel in taunting her very low-key step father ... As we were all milling around her family's kitchen one Saturday afternoon, she thought she'd be funny and says to her step father : "Vince, why does broccoli smell like farts ?" snickering after saying it ....

Her step father turns and, totally out of character, says "Well, maybe because your farts smell like broccoli" Everyone in the kitchen erupted in laughter except my girlfriend

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stirs up a rather funny memory of my teenage years .... I was dating a smart-ass girl who seemed to revel in taunting her very low-key step father ... As we were all milling around her family's kitchen one Saturday afternoon, she thought she'd be funny and says to her step father : "Vince, why does broccoli smell like farts ?" snickering after saying it ....

Her step father turns and, totally out of character, says "Well, maybe because your farts smell like broccoli" Everyone in the kitchen erupted in laughter except my girlfriend
We will need to bring @Orange Crush77 back into this as it has been reliably reported in this forum that OC is a connoisseur of farts. It is alleged that he can tell regional differences in broccoli farts within 30 miles of the original zip code.