• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Off-Topic Thread-All issues Welcome

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know what you mean. My Mustang would start to act up if the weather even got overcast. Definitely not a winter car. It also was a 5-speed manual but I got 8 mpg with that thing. Of course I had it set up for performance more than fuel economy......

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me its a " black haired beauty with big dark eyes and points on her own sitting way up high. Way up firm and high."

Sounds like a fetish,Ozark...Maybe you should just "turn the page"...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep its one I picked up "Down on Main street".:suds:
I bet you 'knew what she was thinking........ "Roll, roll me away, won't you roll me away tonight" :10:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Litmus test rams fans, where do you see yourselves in division placement at the end of next year? I'm one who thinks this division is up for grabs. Given recovery and decent play from Bradford, I think y'all chances are as good as anyone in the West. Your D is going to be nasty ;)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know what you mean. My Mustang would start to act up if the weather even got overcast. Definitely not a winter car. It also was a 5-speed manual but I got 8 mpg with that thing. Of course I had it set up for performance more than fuel economy......

The Firebird was reliable enough, it was just all over the place. I didn't have any weight in the back (not even a spare, lol), so it was constant fishtailing. Fun, but not exactly safe. When I sold it, it was basically a rust bucket, especially in the lower doors and rear quarters, with holes in the trunk floor. Can't believe the guy was going to try to rebuild it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have owned two 67' Firebirds, still have one. The first back in HS, was a red Sprint with the Rochester Quadrajet 4 barrel and the slant 6 with the OHC. It was fun enough, had a/c with a fold down rear seat which was carpeted and had an all red interior.

The 67' I have now has the 400 engine with a Muncie 4 speed & Hurst shifter. I put in a heavy duty race clutch and it had a stock 4.33:1 performance final drive.

I've made a few modification too.

I took out the stock cam and put in the Trans Am cam which increased the HP by adding some duration to the exhaust lift. I also replaced those pingy hydraulic lifters with solids lifters by changing out to a rat motor lifter set. I reseated the valve seats to run unleaded and put a 7 angle valve job on the valves. I installed the 68' Firebird Formula D-port exhaust manifolds (Which works just like headers however they are OEM to the Firebird Formula) and added a 2 inch exhaust system.

I still have work to do, it needs paint (Just looking to find an extra 6 grand laying around somewhere to do it). It's been fun, I done all the work myself, rewired it, new front and rear suspensions, brakes, chassis mounts and interior. This was the first transmission I've ever rebuilt. Just replaced all the syncros and a few gears, cleaned it up real good and I've had no trouble. It can move and you really can't tell I've done any modifications to it by looking at it unless you are real familiar with the exhaust system and you see those D ports. I am getting ready to replace the Quadrajet with a Holly because that damn thing is such a bitch to dial in and maintain.

Well that's my muscle car story, other than my 69' Chevy Malibu with a 302 however not much to tell there other than it being my first engine rebuild.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Firebird was reliable enough, it was just all over the place. I didn't have any weight in the back (not even a spare, lol), so it was constant fishtailing. Fun, but not exactly safe. When I sold it, it was basically a rust bucket, especially in the lower doors and rear quarters, with holes in the trunk floor. Can't believe the guy was going to try to rebuild it.

I put some very expensive tires on the back of the Mustang for that very same reason....couldn't keep the rubber connected to the ground. All that power doesn't do you any good if you can't connect. My car was probably a lot lighter than your Firebird Shopson. Just before I sold it some guy hit the side of it with a land yacht---old Impala. Did very little body damage but bent the uniframe. Cost me a fortune out of pocket to have it straightened out. Guy I sold it to took it back to Chicago and wrecked it in a snow storm a year later.

I think if you're going to restore a car you have to pick one with your head instead of your heart. That Mustang was just too fragile and light.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have owned two 67' Firebirds, still have one. The first back in HS, was a red Sprint with the Rochester Quadrajet 4 barrel and the slant 6 with the OHC. It was fun enough, had a/c with a fold down rear seat which was carpeted and had an all red interior.

The 67' I have now has the 400 engine with a Muncie 4 speed & Hurst shifter. I put in a heavy duty race clutch and it had a stock 4.33:1 performance final drive.

I've made a few modification too.

I took out the stock cam and put in the Trans Am cam which increased the HP by adding some duration to the exhaust lift. I also replaced those pingy hydraulic lifters with solids lifters by changing out to a rat motor lifter set. I reseated the valve seats to run unleaded and put a 7 angle valve job on the valves. I installed the 68' Firebird Formula D-port exhaust manifolds (Which works just like headers however they are OEM to the Firebird Formula) and added a 2 inch exhaust system.

I still have work to do, it needs paint (Just looking to find an extra 6 grand laying around somewhere to do it). It's been fun, I done all the work myself, rewired it, new front and rear suspensions, brakes, chassis mounts and interior. This was the first transmission I've ever rebuilt. Just replaced all the syncros and a few gears, cleaned it up real good and I've had no trouble. It can move and you really can't tell I've done any modifications to it by looking at it unless you are real familiar with the exhaust system and you see those D ports. I am getting ready to replace the Quadrajet with a Holly because that damn thing is such a bitch to dial in and maintain.

Well that's my muscle car story, other than my 69' Chevy Malibu with a 302 however not much to tell there other than it being my first engine rebuild.

Sounds like a lot of money and love went into that car Vita. Once you finish it though you'll be proud of it and glad you did. I know guys that are retired, and that's all they do......travel with their cars to one car show after another.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOSS ~ For your viewing pleasure!

:yahoo:

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Dodgers newbee player Triunfel? He was sent down because of infield mistakes. So they call up Arruebarrena but he got a hip pointer. So they call Triunfel back up so he gets a start and he forgets how many outs there was one inning. So instead of getting a easy double play he just throws it to first and the Rockies score a run. He gets a lucky big chance to redeem himself and maybe make it in the Majors but he goes back to bonehead. Unbelievable.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a lot of money and love went into that car Vita. Once you finish it though you'll be proud of it and glad you did. I know guys that are retired, and that's all they do......travel with their cars to one car show after another.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've put either into it. Wifey says to let someone else have at it and enjoy it. Don't think she understands....

Sometimes I think I should just put a cheap paint job on her for the meantime and tool around town until I can get her like I want 'er but that seems like a waste of hard earned money. :noidea:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, that was almost identical to mine Vita! Thanks for posting it. I've been looking for the photos of my car to post, but can't seem to find them at the moment. Mine was a 4V and had a black hood and hatch. It was also a 5-speed. But everything else looks the same, from the 350 decal and Mustang badge right down to the red interior. Gotta find those pictures.....

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's been a while since I've put either into it. Wifey says to let someone else have at it and enjoy it. Don't think she understands....

Sometimes I think I should just put a cheap paint job on her for the meantime and tool around town until I can get her like I want 'er but that seems like a waste of hard earned money. :noidea:

Don't do it Vita. I think you're smart enough to realize that you will eventually regret it if you do. Everybody I've talked to says they eventually regret it.

I keep thinking when everything is settled down and the kids are gone and I have spare money I'd like to build something that I can take my time on and work on at my leisure. But that day may never come of course.

I have a friend that I used to work with that had a 68 Firebird that he was in the process of restoring, but sold to get together enough money for a down payment on his house. That was 15 years ago and he has regretted selling that car every day since except the day he did it----you know what they say....."seemed like a good idea at the time."

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't do it Vita. I think you're smart enough to realize that you will eventually regret it if you do. Everybody I've talked to says they eventually regret it.

I keep thinking when everything is settled down and the kids are gone and I have spare money I'd like to build something that I can take my time on and work on at my leisure. But that day may never come of course.

I have a friend that I used to work with that had a 68 Firebird that he was in the process of restoring, but sold to get together enough money for a down payment on his house. That was 15 years ago and he has regretted selling that car every day since except the day he did it----you know what they say....."seemed like a good idea at the time."
There is no way I could do that again, remember I had that red Firebird in HS.

I ended up trading in my Sprint in for a '74 Datsun 260Z that I loved to drive (I put on a good 200k miles until it was totaled while I was stopped at a light).

1724_main_f.jpg

Now that was a cool car too and probably help me land my bride shortly after I bought it.

That said, I already know that regret you speak of Boss. Also my buddy, LARams#21 (Don't know if he has posted here on these boards yet) has a 68 Firebird and would disown me if I did.:lol:
I do miss that Sprint though!

It's what made me search for the 400 in the first place.

I just hate that it sits in my garage, insured and tagged but not easy enough on the eyes to take her round the town every now and then.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found the photos of my Mustang Vita. Now I just have to figure out how to display them on the pages here. They're scanned from camera pictures (JPG). I see you have your Datsun posted. Was that a digital photo or 35mm? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 49

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I figured it out. Here is the engine and interior.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 50

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engine compartment. Mine was a Holly 4V as opposed to the EFI. I really modified the carb for performance---hence the 8mpg. But it got to one gas station to another darn quick! :laugh3:

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 57