• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Off-Topic Thread-All issues Welcome

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Rambunctious, I did see that movie and I love that Challenger. I think you'll like this one as well. This is a Superbird Challenger and it is flat-out badass. They used a 2008 Challenger and put a Plymouth Superbird package on the car. This engine became the 2015 Hellcat Hemi now in production. Enjoy the ride!!

My dream car is one of these 2015 version or a 2015 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even about the money anymore. A lot of these old muscle cars are being bought up by foreign investors and being shipped out of the country. Our economy seems to be more and more reliant on foreigners these days. I just ordered a metal plate of a Mustang Cobra for my garage a few weeks ago. Guess where it came from. Not available from a vendor in the U.S., it came right from China, and took a month to get here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I hear you BOSS. Meanwhile we have nearly 90 million people out of work and nobody is building much in this country anymore. It just sucks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the 2015 HellCat Hemi Challenger version of the Superbird Grizz Challenger. The HellCat Hemi Challenger is a production model. Comes from the factory with 707 Hp. You can then zip over to California for a visit with Mr Hennessey and for a mere $20 grand, he'll make some more modifications and give the car back to you with 1500 Hp. Soooo many cars, soooo little money and garage space!!

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first new car I ever bought was a '73 Charger...Canary yellow with white vinyl top and white vinyl upholstery...Just a stock drive it off the lot car, but I loved that car...Compared to the size of today's cars, that thing was a BOAT !!!!!!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo many cars, soooo little money and garage space!!

You can say that again, but there would be no need for a garage...if I had that Hemi it would be parked in my Living Room. :nod:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dodge has raised the bar on performance. But you can be sure that the other manufacturers will respond accordingly. It's just a matter of time at this point. Two years ago Ford was offering an 800HP Mustang albeit limited production. Let the arms race commence!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent, but not extraordinary car history myself:

First car: 1979 Aspen 2dr 225ci - my deal for a '69 Roadrunner fell through, settled for this in great condition with that bulletproof slant 6. Not much power, but a nice enough car to beat on lol. Looked at a few 60's Mustangs at the time, but couldn't afford anything that wasn't a rust bucket

1977 Formula Firebird 400ci - lots of torque, not much horsepower. Fun car and a solid looker, just not much grunt left in '77 models

1967 Mustang Coupe 289ci - great car in great shape. Had this one for about 18 years as my daily driver (non-winters of course, especially in NY), even drove it cross-country and back. Again, not a fire-breather, but still a V8. Redid the interior, added a custom stereo, rebuilt the engine, etc. Sold it a few years back when it was nearing 200K and would need an engine, along with new rear quarters, etc. Still miss this one, and it sold locally and was actually back up for sale recently.

2005 Magnum GT Hemi - most powerful car I've owned to this point (340hp, 390lb-ft). Been a few issues (leaking sunroof, replaced transmission control module), but been a great car so far. Might tinker with some performance and stereo upgrades (factory 5 disc changer is getting tempermental). Love the muscle-wagon looks and plenty of room in all seats.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Boss. It is indeed a matter of time. I do not understand though why Ford felt it necessary to make the new 2015 Mustang look nearly like a Camaro? I don't know if you have seen one yet but all the comments state the same sentiment. I suppose it is similar to the years when Dodge and Chevy were making the Viper and Corvette look like each other.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even about the money anymore. A lot of these old muscle cars are being bought up by foreign investors and being shipped out of the country. Our economy seems to be more and more reliant on foreigners these days. I just ordered a metal plate of a Mustang Cobra for my garage a few weeks ago. Guess where it came from. Not available from a vendor in the U.S., it came right from China, and took a month to get here.

That's funny you should say that, last fall, me and 2 of my friends went to the Fall Carlisle show. One of the guys I went with, towed a 1956 Buick Special down to try and sell it. Trust me, this car was a piece of shit. A rust bucket. It did run, but it was a POS. I believe he paid around $3000 for it, we went to the sale and he put a price of $9000 on it. LOL...We were drinking beer all weekend and telling him there was NO way in hell he would get the type of $$ out of that POS. Well guess what, some foreigner that I have no idea where he was from, bought it and then he paid a ton of $$ to have it shipped back to his country. Its funny because at the sale, I was amazed at the amount of foreigners that were there. Moral of the story is, if somehow someway you can find a piece of crap old car the kind of runs, take it to a car show and there is a good chance you can triple your $$.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Zeke. I have membership with Copart, the insurance auction people and there are routinely people bidding on cars from south of the border and the middle east. People from both places will bid a wrecked, piece of junk through the roof. Everytime I see it happen, I laugh and shake my head. Apparently oil money is abounding everywhere else than here in the USA.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Zeke. I have membership with Copart, the insurance auction people and there are routinely people bidding on cars from south of the border and the middle east. People from both places will bid a wrecked, piece of junk through the roof. Everytime I see it happen, I laugh and shake my head. Apparently oil money is abounding everywhere else than here in the USA.

When we went there last year, the last thing that I expected to see or witness was that many foreigners attending a classic car show. Its good in a sense that they are paying top dollar for these cars, but sad in a way that some of these rare cars are still available but will soon become extinc with these idiots buying them up an shipping them out.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what they say, " You don't appreciate it until it's gone" At least the foreigners like something about America!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Boss. It is indeed a matter of time. I do not understand though why Ford felt it necessary to make the new 2015 Mustang look nearly like a Camaro? I don't know if you have seen one yet but all the comments state the same sentiment. I suppose it is similar to the years when Dodge and Chevy were making the Viper and Corvette look like each other.

Yeah, but you know what Retro? As technology advances, and the cars become even more powerful and efficient, there is still something about sitting in a 67 Mustang Fastback with a wildly radical loping cam, a viscous exhaust with customized headers, a manual valve body transmission, a huge Ford 9-inch rear supporting Mickey Thompson racing slicks, dual Predator carbs, a NOS system, and an idle that sounds like a truck engine that would raddle the fillings out of your teeth! I had an old Vo-Tech shop teacher that had more money than he knew what to do with. He had the best of everything in that car----$5000.00 alone in a Fairbanks transmission. He used to get the quarter in 10.4 seconds in street tires! Kept blowing out Ford 9-inch rear ends with that car. Had a 460 bored and stroked to 535 cu. What a monster. Used to make his 8 year old daughter cry when he started that car......

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that sounds like one badass Mustang!! There is nothing that gets my tissues producing more testosterone than the sound of an engine that you described. And of course the results on the track are just the icing on the cake!!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that sounds like one badass Mustang!! There is nothing that gets my tissues producing more testosterone than the sound of an engine that you described. And of course the results on the track are just the icing on the cake!!

For me its a " black haired beauty with big dark eyes and points on her own sitting way up high. Way up firm and high."

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, Ozark, sounds eerily similar to the lyrics of a song by Bob Seger. lol!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent, but not extraordinary car history myself:

First car: 1979 Aspen 2dr 225ci - my deal for a '69 Roadrunner fell through, settled for this in great condition with that bulletproof slant 6. Not much power, but a nice enough car to beat on lol. Looked at a few 60's Mustangs at the time, but couldn't afford anything that wasn't a rust bucket

1977 Formula Firebird 400ci - lots of torque, not much horsepower. Fun car and a solid looker, just not much grunt left in '77 models

1967 Mustang Coupe 289ci - great car in great shape. Had this one for about 18 years as my daily driver (non-winters of course, especially in NY), even drove it cross-country and back. Again, not a fire-breather, but still a V8. Redid the interior, added a custom stereo, rebuilt the engine, etc. Sold it a few years back when it was nearing 200K and would need an engine, along with new rear quarters, etc. Still miss this one, and it sold locally and was actually back up for sale recently.

2005 Magnum GT Hemi - most powerful car I've owned to this point (340hp, 390lb-ft). Been a few issues (leaking sunroof, replaced transmission control module), but been a great car so far. Might tinker with some performance and stereo upgrades (factory 5 disc changer is getting tempermental). Love the muscle-wagon looks and plenty of room in all seats.

Interesting story for you Shopson. I used to have a 84 GT Mustang 25th Anniversary edition Mustang.
I was specifically shopping around for a Mustang in my area at the time, but the only thing I could find was junk, and the ones that people had beaten the snot out of. So I had a buddy living in Chicago at that time, and he told me there were plenty of Mustangs for sale in his area. So I bought a one-way plane ticket to Chicago on a Friday night with the intention of buying a car there and driving it back to Pennsylvania and being at work on time on Monday.

Well, we looked at about 20 cars till late into Sunday afternoon without finding anything. I finally the gem on the last car we had scheduled to look at. In Chicago at the time you didn't have to go to a notary to sell the car---just sign the title over and make the transaction.

About 10 minutes after I had bought the car and left the guy's house we're going down a stretch of highway that has lights every quarter mile or so. This guy pulls up beside me with one of those black TransAm's with the big bird on the hood---exactly like the one in Smokey and the Bandit. Well obviously I was unfamiliar with the car at this point, only owning it for 10 minutes. I also didn't help that it was a 5 speed manual. So he got me the jump on me off the light. But I quickly ran him down and probably whipped him by 10 car lengths by the time we hit the next light. He didn't even pull up to the light----he just slinked into the Dairy Queen at the intersection. So satisfying to suck the paint off their doors and then have them cower and slink away in defeat.......:hammer::eyebrows:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that Firebird definitely wasn't a fire breather, even though the engine was from a year earlier. Plenty of low end torque (could spin tires easily), but not much horsepower. It was enough of a change coming from that slant 6 to get me a few tickets though, lol. It was a lot of fun for the $2000 I spent on it, and actually found a buyer for it after using it as a winter car for a few years after buying the '67 Mustang. It was far from the ideal winter car, lol.