• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame, why I HATE the Fighting Irish. Snowflakes should avoid this thread.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with this. Is Notre Dame the most Catholic University in the country as it claims to be?

I don't think it is.

They accept muslims, atheists, and openly practicing homosexuals, gave Obama an honorary degree and gave Biden it's highest award?

None of that seems very Catholic to me.

Notre Dame does not claim to be the most Catholic university in the country. They claim to be the best Catholic university in the country. I think almost everyone would agree with them on that claim.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame does not claim to be the most Catholic university in the country.

Their President does make that claim.

They claim to be the best Catholic university in the country. I think almost everyone would agree with them on that claim.

But there is not much about the school that makes them "Catholic" anymore? Could call it a CINO school, lol.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their President does make that claim.

But there is not much about the school that makes them "Catholic" anymore? Could call it a CINO school, lol.

you mean the president of the school? The Catholic priest? What would he know about being Catholic?
Just curious, is Georgetown a Catholic school? What about Villanova? Boston College? Marquette? Fordham? Providence? DePaul? Which ones fit your definition of a Catholic school?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the president of the school? The Catholic priest? What would he know about being Catholic?
Just curious, is Georgetown a Catholic school? What about Villanova? Boston College? Marquette? Fordham? Providence? DePaul? Which ones fit your definition of a Catholic school?
You didn’t know that Minnesota is the worlds best catholic school?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is WSU accepting an invitation to the MWC? Or don't they want your school, either?
Surprise Zing GIF by Big Brother

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is WSU accepting an invitation to the MWC? Or don't they want your school, either?
Not much of a zing dude you know the MWC teams would sacrifice their nuts to join a dying Pacific Coast Conference.

But just take joy in that Washington State and Minnesota have the exact same odds to win the B1G conference.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRIGGER ALERT, if you are a snowflake, I, personally, hope you move along and go to some other thread. This is America so as far as I'm concerned, anyone here can do whatever they want. But I'd prefer this thread be somewhere that harsh things can be posted and brought up and discussed without people running off and complaining or whining or crying about bullies saying mean things. I can't control how the admins choose to censor or not censor posts in this thread, but I can hope they will try to avoid censoring anything unless absolutely necessary.

We can do our part by keeping our negative remarks as NON personal as possible. Attacking a religion should be allowed. Attacking religious leaders should be allowed, same as attacking politicians should be allowed. But Catholics are people. I have friends and family and co-workers who are Catholic and I like all of them, too. I'll try to remember that, and hopefully anyone else coming in here to contribute keeps that in mind as well.

I have tons of issues with Notre Dame, some of them are not very serious at all, from just hating their stupid football team, to not wanting them in the B1G Conference as some seem to want, to some issues that are very serious, including having some responsibility in the child sex abuse scandals that have been rocking the RCC in general over the years and lots inbetween.

I'm inviting all who HATE ND to come in here and say why, and I don't care if it's silly petty shit like you don't like the color of their uniforms or you are offended by their choice of mascot or because their fb coach is a jerk, or if it's that you believe Notre Dame is where the Devil himself has set up his throne, share those thoughts and opinions here.

And for any and all Catholics, you are welcome as well to defend your school and your religion if you are Catholic as I am very sure ND's being Catholic will be brought up as one of the reasons people don't like ND. But be warned, I'll encourage a ZERO TOLERANCE for censorship rule in this thread. I'm not a site admin, so they may choose to do some censoring, but I'd hope they won't. I'm hoping they will just leave this thread alone. But that may depend on us. I encouraged non-Catholics to try to avoid personal attacks, so same goes for any of you Catholics coming in here, try not to take attacks of your religion as personal attacks. The RCC has murdered at least one human being during it's existence for disagreeing with it, so that alone qualifies it as not perfect and hence deserving of SOME criticism at least.

They play the toughest schedule in football every year. For that I give them credit.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a zing dude you know the MWC teams would sacrifice their nuts to join a dying Pacific Coast Conference.

But just take joy in that Washington State and Minnesota have the exact same odds to win the B1G conference.
Minnesota has actually been in the position to win one game and be West Division Champs, several times.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has actually been in the position to win one game and be West Division Champs, several times.
Wow, something to brag about. WSU has been in that situation more than Minnesota has.