• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Off-Topic Thread-All issues Welcome

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for all the Sam guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this might be best placed here. Normally I would never give the seahawks credit for anything. But... What they did for this kid Garrett Scott is just well, a class act. Its on the web so if you get a chance check it out. Sorry didn't provide link. If someone else does thats cool.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the increased revenue that goes with winning a SB, Paul Allen is looking for ways to hide money from the gubment. Charitable donations as well as medical assistance are deductible. Volia! Ultruism, I doubt. These snakes don't do much unless it benefits them somehow usually when it comes to the benjamins.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the increased revenue that goes with winning a SB, Paul Allen is looking for ways to hide money from the gubment. Charitable donations as well as medical assistance are deductible. Volia! Ultruism, I doubt. These snakes don't do much unless it benefits them somehow usually when it comes to the benjamins.
Agreed Retro. Just like to see a feel good story outta the NFL now and then. I guess the new hot story is the lawsuit being brought on behalf of the players saying their teams abused them by giving them drugs to play thru pain. Sorry guys cant go with this one. You were big boys playing a big boy game. What did you think that shot you got that allowed you to play was candy? No you knew the risks and made a big payday to play the game you loved.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sentiment is the prevailing one on the general board as well Ozark. Many people have little sympathy for big coddled athletes getting paid millions to play a dangerous sport making more money that many would not see in three lifetimes.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ones I really feel for are the old time players. Who made very little in comparison to today. Played their hearts out. And many left the game crippled or soon to be. But even they knew the risks.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree... how much money do you think Jim Brown in his prime would make in this free agent market? Or Dick Butkus? or Ray Nitchke? or Johnny Unitas??

Then lets go a generation ahead. How much would LT be worth? or Sweetness?? Barry Sanders? Bo Jackson (healthy)?? Ronnie Lott or Kenny Easley??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Fearsome Foursome, Purple People Eaters, Ray Nitschke, The Linebacking Corp of the 60's Chiefs, JAck Lambert, The Steel Curtain, The Raiders D, etc.? There are a boatload of players more deserving.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling: I spent all of the money I made as the Bears Quarter Back on stupid stuff and now I need to sue someone. :bawling:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling: I spent all of the money I made as the Bears Quarter Back on stupid stuff and now I need to sue someone. :bawling:
If I understand correctly the former Bear in question receives a check from the NFL for almost $6000. a month. And has a net worth of 15 million dollars. So yeah cry me a river. Get over yourself Jim. :L

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys know the risk of the game they play, that's true. But you have to ask yourself---how much are your marbles worth? Even with knowing the risk, the players should still be able to expect the league to do everything in their power to protect the players as best as is possible, which I'm sure the NFL hasn't done in the past. The NFL doesn't give a damn about the players, only about how much $$$ it can siphon out of them before they're "used up" The Riddell contract is a perfect example---not the best equipment available to the player, just the best financial deal for the NFL, which in their mind takes precedence.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad day...Tony Gwynn past away today. He was way too young. He signed a baseball for me at Dodger Stadium years ago. Real pleasant guy. All smiles.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad day...Tony Gwynn past away today. He was way too young. He signed a baseball for me at Dodger Stadium years ago. Real pleasant guy. All smiles.

Tony is a favorite of mine, one of the greatest hitters of all time and a genuine person. His passing should be a warning about the dangers of smokeless tobacco.

San Diego has really had the short end of the stick, losing two legends in Tony and Seau way too soon, to health issues that were preventable.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting article on Shutdown Corner. Overrated and Underrated QBs. I like this writer---Frank Schwab, and I totally agree with him when he says Joe Namath was way overrated. He also goes on to make the argument that Kurt Warner was underrated, which I also agree with. Good reading.

Y! SPORTS

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much so. They are supposed to be a separate entity much like the US Treasury and supreme court.
But here's the proof in the pudding as they say.

Obama comes out and talks about it..............right?!
Snider fires back and basically says, go pound sand.
2 weeks later Patent office rules against the Redskins.....

I hear the browns have to change their name next. A couple of people from Mexico think it's racist. lol. tisk tisk.

I actually think you missed the joke here....

'A couple of turds thought "The Browns" team name is racist... ':lol:

* So I know you're being cynical here however if the Cleveland Browns were the Brownskins they probably would have lead the charge before the Redskins.

Further illustrating the PC level attributed towards Engines

Er.... Injuns...

I'm mean Indians.

:suds:

This is VitaMikes' orignal post.

* Disclaimer - Please forgive the satire comments..... :angel: