• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Off-Topic Thread-All issues Welcome

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, maybe it's safer going back to the cars. Here's a picture of my next car....a custom build Mustang Cobra producing 800+ HP. Now where are all those Camaros......"Here wennie wennie GM cars.....come out, come out wherever you are"......

Attachments

• Mustang_1900x1200.jpg
    Mustang_1900x1200.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 42

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but all Christian religions have more than a few things in common. Christ is the focus of every Christian religion. If the religion is proclaiming that it is Christian, and doesn't have Christ as the highest priority/Focus, then it is not really a Christian religion.

So with that idea in mind, we can work with the many common beliefs that we all have in common. This country is quickly getting away from what we were founded on---Freedom of religion. We are trying to take religion out of everything. I really don't understand why it's OK for the Muslims to do something and people say, "Oh, that's their culture and religious beliefs", but if Christians do something, everybody is in an uproar because it's trying to force religion on us. As I've stated many times before, it's PC and media spin. That is my opinion of course. Some things can't be definitively proven, but the logic would dictate you follow the breadcrumbs......

While it may not seem like it, I'm actually with you 100%... no... 1000% on the idea of religious freedom... as long as it rightfully includes all religions. Expecting all other religions to live under the law of the Christian faith is the exact opposite. I can't think of anything instances off-hand where it was okay for Muslims to do "something" but not Christians. In the example of schools, for instance... just like Christians, Muslims can not and should not have their religious texts posted in public schools, either.

I think a lot of what causes the PC spin you see, is not that other religions are garnering any special treatment. It's that it's with more awareness of other religions, it's becoming more apparent to Americans that other religions are getting the exact same treatment that we're only used to seeing Christianity get. No more, no less.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that analogy was a bit ragged but I think you grasp the point. The regulation of drugs is to provide safety for people to assure they get the drugs that can help and prevent access to those that harm.

With the 10 commandments, that is precisely the point. You do not want to inhibit exposure to the 10 commandments solely because it goes against someone else's religion. You want the exchange of ideas. If you take a religion and philosphy major in college, the whole point is to develop critical thinking skills that compare the 10 commandments to say the Koran or the tenants of Hinduism. Simply banning them because someone is miffed and hiding a mythical interpretation of the separtion of church and state is akin to living in a country where you are banning an efficacious biological agent because it offends someone's religion.

Moreover, I don't define Christianity as a religion because I utilize the definition of religion and the definition of Christianity to characterize the Spiritual activity and purpose of both. Just an FYI.

I firmly believe that religion has no place in public schools. I believe that should be limited to church. That's what church is for. However... I DO believe in the fair and balanced exchange of ideals. Especially for the betterment of our country. If that indeed is the true aim of posting the Commandments in schools, then to that end, the only real compromise would be to post the 10 Commandments in schools right along side the text of the moral codes of Islam, Hinduism, Atheism, Buddhism, etc. Thus allowing a true open exchange of ideas and not the discussion of only one.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, maybe it's safer going back to the cars. Here's a picture of my next car....a custom build Mustang Cobra producing 800+ HP. Now where are all those Camaros......"Here wennie wennie GM cars.....come out, come out wherever you are"......

Well... this is something we can certainly agree on, BOSS.... this car is abso-freakin'-lutely badass!:clap:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this is WAY off the topic I had originally introduced, anyway.

So... what does everybody prefer in an AR Platform? The 5.56x.45mm, or the new .300 AAC Blackout? Lol.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I firmly believe that religion has no place in public schools. I believe that should be limited to church. That's what church is for. However... I DO believe in the fair and balanced exchange of ideals. Especially for the betterment of our country. If that indeed is the true aim of posting the Commandments in schools, then to that end, the only real compromise would be to post the 10 Commandments in schools right along side the text of the moral codes of Islam, Hinduism, Atheism, Buddhism, etc. Thus allowing a true open exchange of ideas and not the discussion of only one.
:omg: Maybe not always in agreement with you Caynine however I'm usually following along with your thinking.

With that, you have got to be tongue in cheek with this one.... :gaah:

Maybe a selective spectrum which represents the religions that are predominate in the state or nation? ....:noidea:

But his pandering to small interests groups to be 'fair or equal' has to stop somewhere and your suggestion opens that door wide open.

You know, I live in Southern California and our state has more than it's share of Spanish speaking people. Well we have legislation that provides language pamphlets 'along side' of the English versions.

Long story short, after my second visit to the DMV looking for study material in English, I had to take motorcycle written exam after reviewing the Spanish workbook version because they didn't have the English version available on either visit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg: Maybe not always in agreement with you Caynine however I'm usually following along with your thinking.

With that, you have got to be tongue in cheek with this one.... :gaah:

Maybe a selective spectrum which represents the religions that are predominate in the state or nation? ....:noidea:

But his pandering to small interests groups to be 'fair or equal' has to stop somewhere and your suggestion opens that door wide open.

You know, I live in Southern California and our state has more than it's share of Spanish speaking people. Well we have legislation that provides language pamphlets 'along side' of the English versions.

Long story short, after my second visit to the DMV looking for study material in English, I had to take motorcycle written exam after reviewing the Spanish workbook version because they didn't have the English version available on either visit.

Lol. Well... "tongue in cheek" in the sense that none of them truly belong in school to begin with, yes.

That's just the thing about "religious freedom". It means, for everyone. Not just Christianity. Not just a "selective spectrum". Every... single... American. That's the beauty part of America and it's Constitution. It's all inclusive.

"...with liberty and justice for all".

You simply cannot have it both ways. And that's my whole point.

The DMV issue you need to take up with your DMV. Sounds to me like a stocking issue to me. Just out of curiosity, though... what would you have done if they only offered the study material in English, and they were out of English study material? :noidea:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Well... "tongue in cheek" in the sense that none of them truly belong in school to begin with, yes.

That's just the thing about "religious freedom". It means, for everyone. Not just Christianity. Not just a "selective spectrum". Every... single... American. That's the beauty part of America and it's Constitution. It's all inclusive.

"...with liberty and justice for all".

You simply cannot have it both ways. And that's my whole point.
First, when you say 'for everyone' it sounds so absolute. :lol:

I kid, however in the US, freedoms are more than absolutes, they are also givens.

Caynine, we are Capitalist.

Shouldn't we market to the masses and niche fit the rest? :noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a boatload of laws already on the books. They just have to be enforced. Don't believe me? Go to any state and read the list or go to the Federal registry and do the research.

Eh, shopson your notion of separation of church and state is not in the Constitution as you state. That idea was a interpretive concoction of a Ivy league prfessor in the early 60's and it has been taught ever since as fact when indeed there is no factual basis anywhere in the U.S. Constitution to support that claim.

Actually, an interpretation of Thomas Jefferson:

Although most people believe the words "separation of church and state" are actually in the U.S. Constitution, the words cannot be found there. Rather, they are words penned by Thomas Jefferson in a letter which explains the First Amendment of the Constitution or at least Jefferson’s view of it. The actual words in the First Amendment of the Constitution read as follows: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. . . ." -

In the fall of 1801, the Danbury (Conn.) Baptist Association sent Jefferson a written address congratulating him on his election. In his reply on January 1, 1802, Jefferson penned these now famous words:
“. . .I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.”

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, when you say 'for everyone' it sounds so absolute. :lol:

I kid, however in the US, freedoms are more than absolutes, they are also givens.

Caynine, we are Capitalist.

Shouldn't we market to the masses and niche fit the rest? :noidea:

Okay, okay... so, one lousy absolute. Lol.

Market? Absolutely. But, Capitalism is our economic structure, not legislative. All religious groups are free to sell their message to whoever they want (Just ask Joel Osteen. Lol).

The Constitution, however, does not niche fit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, an interpretation of Thomas Jefferson:

Although most people believe the words "separation of church and state" are actually in the U.S. Constitution, the words cannot be found there. Rather, they are words penned by Thomas Jefferson in a letter which explains the First Amendment of the Constitution or at least Jefferson’s view of it. The actual words in the First Amendment of the Constitution read as follows: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. . . ." -

In the fall of 1801, the Danbury (Conn.) Baptist Association sent Jefferson a written address congratulating him on his election. In his reply on January 1, 1802, Jefferson penned these now famous words:
“. . .I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.”

You are correct that the actual words are not there even though a goodly number of people believe that interpretive fallacy. Thomas Jefferson quoted the Constitution correctly but he added the last portion of the sentence beginning with the word "thus" as an interpretation that was fundamentally incorrect. I can demonstrate a growing number of people and writings who support the claim that the interpretation of the separation of church and state is indeed erroneous and that Jefferson was also erroneous.

As you mentioned the words are clear: The legislature "SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF". This means that the state can not make a law establishing a religion or stop the free exercise of religion. This does not mean the state has to be devoid of religion or separate from it. There is a distinct difference. The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are rife with references and language referring to religion and G_D that the framers suggested the foundation of our society rests upon. So according to this prevailing interpretation, any references aforementiond by the Constitution would violate the document itself.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, okay... so, one lousy absolute. Lol.

Market? Absolutely. But, Capitalism is our economic structure, not legislative. All religious groups are free to sell their message to whoever they want (Just ask Joel Osteen. Lol).

The Constitution, however, does not niche fit.
I'm sure you got the point of my loose example and of course Capitalism is our Economic System but it must coexist with our Political System too. So when you say 'With Liberty and Justice for All' the masses should represent the lions share of 'All'.

Otherwise we are missing the mark, right?

By the way, I saw this on Facebook today and I thought it fit in with this thread rather well!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this is WAY off the topic I had originally introduced, anyway.

So... what does everybody prefer in an AR Platform? The 5.56x.45mm, or the new .300 AAC Blackout? Lol.

I haven't heard of this new cartridge honestly. I googled this and it states that its ballistics are similar to the 7.62x39 round. Honestly, I think I'll stick with my .223 because usually when something new like this comes out it means "Get you wallet out" .....more $$$, if you know what I mean. Right now I have 2 ARs, with a boat load of .223 rounds that is really all I need. I actually kind of like the AR-10(.308) platform or an AR chambered in 7.62x39. This new round probably is effective, but expensive. I didn't know you were a gun nut.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whooooa, NICE........with your luck, you will purchase that car then they will probably come out with a NEW LAW regulating that amount of H.P. Claiming you are some sort of dangerous risk to society. :laugh3: ......That is cool though, nice graphics!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like cars as much as the next guy. (I'm more of a European sports car fan, myself.) Truth be told, I wish I knew as much about their inner workings as you guys seem to.

But, what I want to know is... doesn't anyone else in this group besides me do any shooting??? Lol.

1384088_10201044069007514_560429528_n.jpg

My bad. I was on vacation and missed out on these posts. Nice SIG by the way:nod:I have always wanted one. is that the p226 version? caliber?? I bet it shoots nice!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I was on vacation and missed out on these posts. Nice SIG by the way:nod:I have always wanted one. is that the p226 version? caliber?? I bet it shoots nice!

....only 8 rds, It looks like a 45 cal.....

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you got the point of my loose example and of course Capitalism is our Economic System but it must coexist with our Political System too. So when you say 'With Liberty and Justice for All' the masses should represent the lions share of 'All'.

Otherwise we are missing the mark, right?

By the way, I saw this on Facebook today and I thought it fit in with this thread rather well!

No matter how you slice it, you just can't cater a truly free population's interests to any one religious belief. Religion isn't tangible enough and it's far too ambiguous.

And for the record... country music is never a strong selling point as far as I'm concerned. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. :lol:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard of this new cartridge honestly. I googled this and it states that its ballistics are similar to the 7.62x39 round. Honestly, I think I'll stick with my .223 because usually when something new like this comes out it means "Get you wallet out" .....more $$$, if you know what I mean. Right now I have 2 ARs, with a boat load of .223 rounds that is really all I need. I actually kind of like the AR-10(.308) platform or an AR chambered in 7.62x39. This new round probably is effective, but expensive. I didn't know you were a gun nut.

I currently have only one AR. It's a 5.56. I like it that way because I can run .223 through it as well, if need be. The .300 Blackout was designed to mimic the harder hitting 7.62 NATO in the AR platform. Time will tell if it's just a niche product, or not. But, it seems to be getting good reviews.