• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams off Season Moves..

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early thoughts...

Resign Barksdale! I think this is big because I don't think it would be good having 3 rookies... center, RG, RT starting next to each other next year. Joe is pretty good and knows the system. This is big and will effect the draft.

If we end up drafting 8th we have a shot at OT/G Scherff. He's mean and loves to maul. The Rams need that mean killer instinct on the line. He excels at run blocking! He will plug right in at RG our weakest spot on the line right now and can play tackle if needed. Nasty disposition offensive line coaches crave without playing dirty. Hostile agitator that blocks through the whistle and gets under defender's skin. Finisher that drives defenders into the sidelines and aggressively puts down defenders that try to get up once has them on the ground.

Rd 2. Center Resse Dismukes. Like Scherff he is nasty and is a technician who knows his assignments and understands the big picture. Is effective at picking up games and blitzes. Also has an outstanding vision as a blocker in space and locates moving targets on screens and second-level blocks. Plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. Is a fierce competitor who is aggressive and plays hard for four quarters. Has a good motor and is mentally tough. No more Scott Wells sky rocket snaps.

With these two additions I think we could have a dominate run game that punishes defenses and wears them down. And if you can run we all know it sets up the pass and we have the weapons.

Rd 3 BPA

Cuts--- J. Long, S. Wells, K.Langford this looks to save around 18m on the cap.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) get a QB, 2) get a QB, 3) get a QB.....

You have the order wrong. Should be 3,1,2. Anyway I would like to see what Barnes can do at Center so we would not have to go OL with picks 1 and 2. We need QB, OL and LBs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) Jay Cutler?

2.) Johnny Finger ?(PLEASE...take him!!)

3.) Matt Schaub?

4.) trade up for Jameis Winston?

5.) Tim Tebow?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Jay Cutler?

3.) Matt Schaub?

5.) Tim Tebow?

The difficult thing in a trade up is that the top two QB's are projected to go #1 and #2 overall, so it would take a lot to get there. The next guy up is 3rd round projected. Hoyer, Vick, Sanchez and Locker are the top FA's. I thought last year that Bortles over Robinson was an easy call, but that's in the wind. All things considered......gulp....Cutler

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Cut Bradford
2) Fire Schottenheimer
3) Go after Cutler
4) Draft some interior olineman and maybe a CB

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Cut Bradford
2) Fire Schottenheimer
3) Go after Cutler
4) Draft some interior olineman and maybe a CB

Cutting Bradford would save a whopping 13 mill!! :clap:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rams are not in position to get a QB in the draft where they will be picking? It's just not realistic. And after MM & JM it's a big drop off in talent. Some experts are saying after those two no one is worthy even with a 2nd rd pick. Are u a cowboys fan? That's exactly what the rams should do is draft a dominate O Line like Dallas. That is why Dallas is going to the playoffs. Roll the dice with Sam and if he doesn't work out your team will be set in 16 to go after whatever QB you want and already have everything in place.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler... yeah he looks great guys. Turn over machine with attitude. Oh yeah he makes twice as much as Sam to boot.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difficult thing in a trade up is that the top two QB's are projected to go #1 and #2 overall, so it would take a lot to get there. The next guy up is 3rd round projected. Hoyer, Vick, Sanchez and Locker are the top FA's. I thought last year that Bortles over Robinson was an easy call, but that's in the wind. All things considered......gulp....Cutler

Honestly as dumb as it is Tebow would be my choice out of these options. He wouldn't cost u anything and at least he can run and extend plays. Of course not being able to throw might be a problem.

Originally Posted by Wamu
1.) Jay Cutler?

3.) Matt Schaub?

5.) Tim Tebow?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it is not CUTTING Bradford. He will be back, just NOT under his current deal. He will probably get a 1 yr, 2-3 million dollar deal.

Secondly, Tim Barnes is a free agent. Barrett Jones, however, is NOT. Barrett Jones, assuming no free agent C is signed will be the starter at C in 2015.

Thirdly, Joe Barksdale will probably get some team to offer him a deal like Saffold got from the Raiders. If his price gets that high, no thanks.

If you cut or trade Wells, Jake, Langford, Dunbar and restructure Bradford, you will have the money to make a play for guys like Mike Iupati, Stefen Wisnewski or Andy LeVitre. Plant them on the Right side with a rookie RT and you are golden.

We will INDEED draft a QB, but it will NOT be with our first round pick. Sending a rookie QB out with this O Line would be suicide. Besides, Fisher has already stated he WANTS BRADFORD. I, for one, believe he deserves one last shot (IF HE TAKES THE PAYCUT). I think we all know in our hearts that a healthy Bradford on this years team and we are sitting at 9 wins right now instead of 6. The QB's they SHOULD target as backups in the draft are Bryce Petty, Garrett Grayson and Sean Mannion.
For those of you who think QB is our biggest need, you obviously do not see the big picture. The Dallas Cowboys got the blueprint right. They have the BEST O Line in football right now, and wow go figure they are winning where they were not before.

So after all of this here are my offseason moves:

1. Cut or trade the people mentioned above
2. Sign one of the three linemen mentioned above
3. Fire Brian Schottenheimer

Then in the draft, as of right now we have 5 picks. I am thinking Snead will figure a way to get a 4th and 6th by dangling Stacy, Dunbar or Langford. But assuming we go to the draft with ONLY those 5 picks, they should be drafted as follows IMO:

Round 1: Offensive Tackle (too many studs to pass up)
Round 2: Interior Linemen (either OG or C)
Round 3: QB (Petty or Grayson)
Round 5: Cover DB (either a FS or CB)
Round 7: LB (either ILB or OLB whichever is the better value)

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that plan Kdodger. Looks like Dunbar will only cost us a 1m next year. I think I would keep him for that. we are so thin at LB. I haven't made up my mine if I would take a QB in the 3rd. There will be a good person sitting there LB depth would be good there or DT replacing Langford. I wish we knew more about B. Jones. Weird he hasn't seen any action.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your plan commish. That would be a pretty darn good draft and moving players like J. Long, Wells, Bradford, Langford, Barksdale, and maybe Dunbar will be huge in the savings in cap money we would gain by cutting or re-structuring contracts. Jones will be the starter at center for sure. I just hope someone sees the light and they show Joseph the door like yesterday.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it is not CUTTING Bradford. He will be back, just NOT under his current deal. He will probably get a 1 yr, 2-3 million dollar deal.

Secondly, Tim Barnes is a free agent. Barrett Jones, however, is NOT. Barrett Jones, assuming no free agent C is signed will be the starter at C in 2015.

Thirdly, Joe Barksdale will probably get some team to offer him a deal like Saffold got from the Raiders. If his price gets that high, no thanks.

I think you're off on the Barksdale deal. He hasn't played well at all this year. No team is gonna offer him Saffolds deal. Saffold has been our Best olinemen this year and last PFF and he can play almost any position on the line and play them well.

Give me some of that stuff you're smoking.....:yahoo:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't made up my mine if I would take a QB in the 3rd. There will be a good person sitting there LB depth would be good there or DT replacing Langford.

That could be the twist Coug... as much as I like Petty, if Eric Kendricks, Jake Ryan, Geneo Grissom or JR Tavai are sitting there, we might have to grab one of them and pray Grayson falls to the 5th round or maybe trade up in the 4th to get him.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes Jacobarch, I know Saffold has been our best linemen all season. My point is RT is a need for a lot of teams and someone will attempt to overpay for Barksdale... relax man

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who think QB is our biggest need, you obviously do not see the big picture. The Dallas Cowboys got the blueprint right. They have the BEST O Line in football right now, and wow go figure they are winning where they were not before.
I like how Tony Romo is an afterthought. Seattle won a Championship with a bad oline.

There are many ways to win a football game. Lets not pretend drafting oline is a rock solid plan to success. You know who else put a lot into their oline? The dreadful Tennessee Titans. The funny thing about olinemen is that they get hurt a lot.

The Rams have been good at drafting lately unless they go all 'omfg we NEED this position so lets reach'. There is no stud interior lineman in the draft. The Rams NEED interior olinemen. So I agree that free agency is probably where they'll have to look but lets not get silly and break the bank on interior olinemen, either. Generally they play better when they are young, lately. Pats got rid of Mankins and he isnt doing squat. Wells was a pro bowler before the Rams picked him up. Rams got a guy from the Ravens about 5 years back who was a pro bowler IIRC and I think he is out of football now.

Its easy to say oline wins football games. And I agree with you general strategy. Its sometimes hard to actually put that oline together.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes Jacobarch, I know Saffold has been our best linemen all season. My point is RT is a need for a lot of teams and someone will attempt to overpay for Barksdale... relax man

I am relaxing and I'm just bustin your ballz!