• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Off Season Thread

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I revear the guy, and imo, think he's the greatest Kings player in their history, the miles on his playing style might finally have caught up with him...sad.
I hate seeing guys linger longer than they should, especially world class guys. Its easy to understand and i would probably be the same way, mind tells you you can do it, but your body says nope....add in money and that makes it difficult to walk away. ....but at some point you need to look at your stat sheet.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut down day today, Nameplate on Waivers to be assigned to Ontario, Madden assigned to Ontario.

Interesting the Kings are still carrying the 3 goalies but I think Tampa's goalie situation is affecting that - Vasilevsky is out for an extended time and I think LA is waiting to see who they may claim before sending someone down and potentially losing them. We will know JAD's status soon here with the Waiver period expiring at 11am PST but looking like the Kings will run 11/7/2 to start the season. One more transaction required to be cap compliant by Wed and that'll be one of the goalies.

Two more days, feels like hockey has been gone forever and my Giants never cease to impress with the new ways they find to lose every Sunday. Kings hockey will be more than welcome.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helly off the wish list.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helly off the wish list.
Yikes, matching contracts with Scheifele (7 years/$59.5 million). Definitely off the list, that won't age well with him being 30 as is and doesn't kick in until after this season anyway.

My money is still on Swayman out of Boston but yeah the Hellebuyck chatter should calm down now.

JAD clears, assigned to Ontario, Spence too. Laferriere recalled. May just be paper transactions, we will see - the cap gymnastics are out of control. Still carrying 3 goalies, they are going to wait it out to the wire.

Portillo is not NHL ready and Berube is horrific for back up duty so they're doing whatever they can to not lose one of Copley, Rittich or Talbot.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-3 so far, Kings looking tame and outmatched....lets just continue this offseason thread

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-3....bitching works a little

Grundstrom Kings 1st goal of season....we all got that right

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster gets one off a lanch stick....the kind of lucky play that gets him going we can hope. Laffer fight pretty much turned around the momentum....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1. I thought Kings looked pretty solid and controlled a lot of the play. Frustrating not to finish a lot of their chances. Talbot didn't look very strong at times, but at same time the goals didn't look awful. He actually ended making some bigger saves in the 3rd too. Which isn't good, because the Kings seem to still give up premium scoring chances and I'm back on my "McLlelan is a goalie killer" soap box after one game.

Colorado is a "favorite" to win it this year. Georgiev actually looked pretty great to be honest, and he made some huge saves. Great teams find a way to win when they're not at their best, and I felt like Avs did that.

Arvidsson hurt already is kind of amazing. Early in the season I'm a fan of getting the young guys in anyway, so maybe it works out. Byfield's goal was ugly, but someone noted online that he's now on an 82 goal pace, so that's solid at least.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't good, they fell apart in the 2nd. Talbot looked OK. Buster scored a goal but it was a deflection off an Avs stick as he was passing to Kempe who was crashing the net. Laferriere as advertised, looked solid with PLD and Fiala, the fight was just a nice bonus. This kid could be a gamer.

Anderson looked bad as did D3 of Bjornfot/Englund. PP was brutal.

All in all just 1 loss, I usually give it about 15-20 games before we can get a true idea of what a team will look like so I'm not overly concerned yet.

Big test tomorrow against the Canes, I think we should start GD threads so if I can't get to it (kids have games) someone please do.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arvidsson hurt already is kind of amazing. Early in the season I'm a fan of getting the young guys in anyway, so maybe it works out. Byfield's goal was ugly, but someone noted online that he's now on an 82 goal pace, so that's solid at least.

Already put on LTIR, interesting that McClellan said "adjustment" last week to him missing practices to the opener to now LTIR in 6 days. Creates extra cap space to field potentially a 23 man roster depending on FD configurations.

Kings are playing the Tampa Vegas cap shell game early, I like it. If you can't beat em cheat em.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was holding out for LA to find a way to get Swayman or Hart, very doubtful anyways and both Bos and Phi are off to decent starts.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swayman is still my target and hunch but not until next summer. Maybe at the TDL depending on Boston, contract talks, etc but summer will most likely be when LA brings in a legitimate #1.

There's something about Hart that doesn't give me a ton of confidence he would be a Cup winning goalie here. Can't place my finger on it why, just a feeling.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings just signed Koehn Zeimmer, friend of mine watched this kid on PG Cougars and said he was fun to watch....cNt be much worse than anything else coming

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nucks got Zadorov kinda cheap really...unfortunately i think this is a good trade for them

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If im a GM, i start looking at the Canes for anything i need. They are struggling especially in net. I think something big happens there soon

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andersen is hurt again and Raanta and Kochetkov have been sieves. I'm sure they'd take Copley or Rittich at this point but those are low dollar guys - the Kings would have to move someone else to make room financially if they wanted to upgrade the roster.

Personally at this point, I think the best move would be no move at the TDL if the Kings keep playing this way. They'll have to constantly assess of course, and things may change but so far so good.

If Arvidsson is ready to go after the TDL, that's a major addition to the roster without any cap implications or lost assets.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, i agree. Anderson hurt is shocking, he is the legend of netminders. Maybe call him phantom anderson. I dont think there is much for LA to do unless a Swayman is available....but if they are not getting a goalie for a few seasons....run what ya brung