• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams off Season Moves..

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am relaxing and I'm just bustin your ballz!

Me too brother... me too!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Clayton, you are referring to Jason Brown who is now championing a self-reliant farm for homeless people and is out of football. I agree with your assessment of the Rams potential reaction to rebuild the O-line but our track record with FA O-lineman has been less than stellar. Starting with Brown, then Long, and now Wells, we seem to get these guys one or two seasons too late. I think we need to go to the draft for a change and get three or four young studs like Robinson and Saffold, both draft picks to rebuild the right side. Jones is going to be the starter next year so we need a RG, RT and that is where we should start.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Clayton, you are referring to Jason Brown who is now championing a self-reliant farm for homeless people and is out of football. I agree with your assessment of the Rams potential reaction to rebuild the O-line but our track record with FA O-lineman has been less than stellar. Starting with Brown, then Long, and now Wells, we seem to get these guys one or two seasons too late. I think we need to go to the draft for a change and get three or four young studs like Robinson and Saffold, both draft picks to rebuild the right side. Jones is going to be the starter next year so we need a RG, RT and that is where we should start.

If Jones is the starter at Center next year why isn't he playing now getting some time? I don't know about him being a starter.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have been good at drafting lately unless they go all 'omfg we NEED this position so lets reach'. There is no stud interior lineman in the draft. The Rams NEED interior olinemen.

I respectfully disagree with part of your statement. We do indeed need interior o line but there are plenty of solid guys that will be available on day 2 of the draft. While they are no sure thing FIRST ROUND guys like the last few seasons, I feel like there are around 8 guys that will be starting OG or C in the NFL that will be gone by the end of round 3. AJ Cann,Josue Matias,Tre Jackson,Reese Dismukes,Hroniss Grassu,Andy Gallick,Jarvis Harrison,Aundray Walker and I sure as hell would be ok with any of these cats on the right side of the Rams O line next season...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jones is the starter at Center next year why isn't he playing now getting some time? I don't know about him being a starter.

I bet you see him get some serious playing time against Seattle... especially with how poorly Wells has played.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet you see him get some serious playing time against Seattle... especially with how poorly Wells has played.

Yikes!! That wouldn't be the easiest place to make calls at the line. Good luck with that :)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I say draft an Olineman with every flipping pick we have this year, we have to get lucky with one or two of them, don't we?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Tony Romo is an afterthought. Seattle won a Championship with a bad oline.

There are many ways to win a football game. Lets not pretend drafting oline is a rock solid plan to success. You know who else put a lot into their oline? The dreadful Tennessee Titans. The funny thing about olinemen is that they get hurt a lot.

The Rams have been good at drafting lately unless they go all 'omfg we NEED this position so lets reach'. There is no stud interior lineman in the draft. The Rams NEED interior olinemen. So I agree that free agency is probably where they'll have to look but lets not get silly and break the bank on interior olinemen, either. Generally they play better when they are young, lately. Pats got rid of Mankins and he isnt doing squat. Wells was a pro bowler before the Rams picked him up. Rams got a guy from the Ravens about 5 years back who was a pro bowler IIRC and I think he is out of football now.

Its easy to say oline wins football games. And I agree with you general strategy. Its sometimes hard to actually put that oline together.

Actually there was a lot of tony Romo trade talks last year. He was a bum couldn't win the big game not worth his contract etc... Not hearing that this year behind this O Line. I thought Seattle had a coue 1st rd picks on that line?

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there was a lot of tony Romo trade talks last year. He was a bum couldn't win the big game not worth his contract etc... Not hearing that this year behind this O Line. I thought Seattle had a coue 1st rd picks on that line?

spot on:10:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to say I told you all so, but this steams from us reaching in the 1st for an offensive project with super high potential, thankfully we hit on their defensive counterparts which is why we have a dominant defense.

Neither Austin nor Robinson (as good as they sometimes look, and as useful they may become in the future) have actually fixed the problems they were suppose to fix.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has been having his best year behind his oline, no doubt. But Murray is having his best year and Dez is a top 3 WR with or without an oline. Dallas just flat out has more talent than most teams on offense. Its hard to point to one although I guess you could point to the 5. The Rams already made the 'Tyron Smith' pick last yea. There is no Martin or Frederick in the draft but Saffold was drafted pretty high. If Jason Smith worked out then the Rams wouldve been in the same ballpark.

And Seattle did have some high first rounders but that didnt mean that they were all that great (or all that healthy for most of last year). Oline is just as risky as everything else save run stuffing DTs, QBs and WRs.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it is not CUTTING Bradford. He will be back, just NOT under his current deal. He will probably get a 1 yr, 2-3 million dollar deal.

Secondly, Tim Barnes is a free agent. Barrett Jones, however, is NOT. Barrett Jones, assuming no free agent C is signed will be the starter at C in 2015.

Thirdly, Joe Barksdale will probably get some team to offer him a deal like Saffold got from the Raiders. If his price gets that high, no thanks.

If you cut or trade Wells, Jake, Langford, Dunbar and restructure Bradford, you will have the money to make a play for guys like Mike Iupati, Stefen Wisnewski or Andy LeVitre. Plant them on the Right side with a rookie RT and you are golden.

We will INDEED draft a QB, but it will NOT be with our first round pick. Sending a rookie QB out with this O Line would be suicide. Besides, Fisher has already stated he WANTS BRADFORD. I, for one, believe he deserves one last shot (IF HE TAKES THE PAYCUT). I think we all know in our hearts that a healthy Bradford on this years team and we are sitting at 9 wins right now instead of 6. The QB's they SHOULD target as backups in the draft are Bryce Petty, Garrett Grayson and Sean Mannion.
For those of you who think QB is our biggest need, you obviously do not see the big picture. The Dallas Cowboys got the blueprint right. They have the BEST O Line in football right now, and wow go figure they are winning where they were not before.

So after all of this here are my offseason moves:

1. Cut or trade the people mentioned above
2. Sign one of the three linemen mentioned above
3. Fire Brian Schottenheimer

Then in the draft, as of right now we have 5 picks. I am thinking Snead will figure a way to get a 4th and 6th by dangling Stacy, Dunbar or Langford. But assuming we go to the draft with ONLY those 5 picks, they should be drafted as follows IMO:

Round 1: Offensive Tackle (too many studs to pass up)
Round 2: Interior Linemen (either OG or C)
Round 3: QB (Petty or Grayson)
Round 5: Cover DB (either a FS or CB)
Round 7: LB (either ILB or OLB whichever is the better value)

:agree: :10:

Man, I love when sound logic prevails. Bravo, ksudodger! :clap:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like I'm a Schotte fan.. but I would hate to start new again. That would set us back. The offense would have to learn a totally new language. I don't think some of you realize how hard this is to do for everyone to be on the same page and trust the system. I don't want to listen to they are learning a new system. I don't think he's as bad as most people say.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping this offense in a crappy system with a knucklehead OC would keep us stuck and ultimately set us back as well mtrCougar. One definition of insanity is to continue to do the same behaviors and expect different results. We are getting close.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was a long long time ago but in the 7 games Bradford played in 13 before he got hurt he had 14 Td's to 4 int 1700yds, 91 Rating. Just saying it looked pretty good then and that was without some weapons we have now. Draft that beast center from Auburn and that corn fed angry Guard from Iowa and we should be ok. We need Kenny Brit back too!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft that beast center from Auburn and that corn fed angry Guard from Iowa and we should be ok. We need Kenny Brit back too!

Yes, Brandon Scherff (actually a RT) and Reese Dismukes would be perfect to add a little agression to the line. And I agree, Britt should be a priority if for no other reason than Quick became a star under his wing.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft that beast center from Auburn and that corn fed angry Guard from Iowa and we should be ok. We need Kenny Brit back too!

Yes, Brandon Scherff (actually a RT) and Reese Dismukes would be perfect to add a little agression to the line. And I agree, Britt should be a priority if for no other reason than Quick became a star under his wing.

I think he will be an all pro guard vs a avg RT in the NFL. But could play tackle if someone went down. They love players like Saffold that can play either position

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current list of ESPN player Rankings. It will Change a bit through the combine.

1. Leonard Williams* DE USC 96
2. Marcus Mariota* QB Oregon 95
3. Shane Ray* DE Missouri 95
4. Amari Cooper* WR Alabama 94
5. Randy Gregory* DE Nebraska 94
6. Jameis Winston* QB Florida St 93
7. Devante Parker WR Louisville 92
8. Brandon Scherff OT Iowa 92
9. Danny Shelton DT Washington 92
10. Landon Collins* S Alabama 91
11. Eddie Goldman* DT Florida St 91
12. Leonard Floyd* OLB Georgia 91
13. Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas A&M 91
14. Ereck Flowers* OT Miami (FL) 90
15. Dante Fowler Jr.* DE Florida 90
16. Melvin Gordon* RB Wisconsin 90
17. Kevin White WR W Virginia 90
18. Vic Beasley DE Clemson 89
19. T.J. Clemmings OT Pittsburgh 89
20. Devin Funchess* WR Michigan 89
21. Shaq Thompson* OLB Washington 88
22. Trae Waynes* CB Michigan St 88
23. Todd Gurley* RB Georgia 88
24. Malcom Brown DT Texas 87
25. Jaelen Strong* WR Arizona St 87
26. La'El Collins OT LSU 87
27. Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest 87
28. A.J. Cann OG S Carolina 87
29. Bud Dupree OLB Kentucky 86
30. Andrus Peat* OT Stanford 86
31. Marcus Peters* CB Washington 86
32. Denzel Perryman ILB Miami (FL) 85
* Denotes draft-eligible non-senior

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am like Scherff and Dismukes a lot these days. Badass dudes and huge to boot.