• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams off Season Moves..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling those OTs are going to move up the draft boards. Rams should still have a chance at one. Its not a terrible draft pick but Barksdale is a generally a good player and it would be a 'future' investment and doesn't really solve any problems.

sigh...i remember thinking the oline was going to be a strength of the team this year

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling those OTs are going to move up the draft boards. Rams should still have a chance at one. Its not a terrible draft pick but Barksdale is a generally a good player and it would be a 'future' investment and doesn't really solve any problems.

sigh...i remember thinking the oline was going to be a strength of the team this year

I think you're right they will move up the board. That's why I hope they can re-sign Barksdale.. still pick Scherff and plug him in at right guard where he should be awesome. Yes I know picking a guard in the first round is not idea but it's the weakest link on our line and he Can play tackle to if needed. Yeah I think we all thought the line was going to be good.. Wells and Joseph were disappointing not to mention the long injury. Thank god Robinson looks to be ok.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am like Scherff and Dismukes a lot these days. Badass dudes and huge to boot.

Yeah I think those two would really make our line Dallas like.. Should be even better. I never thought about it but they kinda have a crippled quarterback like us too they have to protect.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get a better O-line and plug in a guy like Bryce Petty in a couple of years, we will be pretty damn good on O but will have to get rid of Shottenheimer to get into the elite realm of things.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: :10:

Man, I love when sound logic prevails. Bravo, ksudodger! :clap:

I would go much LB sooner (as early as 1st or 2nd round, depending on who's available when they pick), but otherwise agree.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go much LB sooner (as early as 1st or 2nd round, depending on who's available when they pick), but otherwise agree.

......Right on Shop ole boy! .....No complaints here! :hope:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......Right on Shop ole boy! .....No complaints here! :hope:

Who do you guys like at linebacker? I'm not sold on Vic Beasley. He's a beast in college but at 6'2 and 220 pounds I'm not sure where you put him in the nfl? Mark Baron is almost that big. Shaq Thompson isn't much bigger. I'm intrigued by Bud Dupree from Kentucky. He's almost 6'4 and weighs 268. Seems like a perfect replacement for Dunbar. He can also lineup at DE. I seen him play against Missouri he's a beast. The problem is he will probably go in the first-round and I could see him really shoot up the board towards the combine. Maybe top 10.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you guys like at linebacker? I'm not sold on Vic Beasley. He's a beast in college but at 6'2 and 220 pounds I'm not sure where you put him in the nfl? Mark Baron is almost that big. Shaq Thompson isn't much bigger. I'm intrigued by Bud Dupree from Kentucky. He's almost 6'4 and weighs 268. Seems like a perfect replacement for Dunbar. He can also lineup at DE. I seen him play against Missouri he's a beast. The problem is he will probably go in the first-round and I could see him really shoot up the board towards the combine. Maybe top 10.

Beasley? Everyhting I'm reading says he is 6"2"-235# But when have you ever been accurate?? :whistle:

...Sure 6'2" is small for a NFL DE, but he would be a great 4-3 OLB! How big is Von Miller? Sure 235 is a little light but he has the frame to bulk up! His specialty is SACKs! He has first step quickness and closing speed that is elite! Thats would put us over the top. Oh and he is a good tackler, he is a force fumbling machine simular to Ogltree. Dam...imagine him on our defense! Plugging him in @OLB on an already good defense! I just got a chubby thinkin about it!

doesnt matter anyways, the Giants will take him @ 9. We wont have a chance at him. I'm also liking that Brandon Scherff as well. We probably should fix our o-line first.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is a 3-4 pass rushing OLB so he is not a fit, plus Barron is actually bigger (Barron is 223). Shaq Thompson is another 3-4 guy, not a fit.

Guys that I like that should be available in the middle rounds are guys like Eric Kendricks from UCLA (can play both inside or outside), Jake Ryan from Michigan, Hauli Kikaha from Washington, Eric Striker from OU, Jordan Jenkins from UGA.

One guy that I cannot wait to see tape on is Bronson Kaufusi from BYU. He looks scary fast for his size. He may end up a combine workout warrior and jump up boards.

One guy I REALLY like in the spot I project we take an OLB is Reshard Cliett from South Florida... sized right in between Dunbar and Olgetree.... ball hawk and does well against the run

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic Beasley is 6'2 235 and he played DE at Clemson! He will be in a 3-4 defense people. The we need is Clemson's MLB that will go in the 3rd/4th round: Stephone Anthony. Maybe we find a good OLB in FA?

We need help on offense!!! LMAO How many years have I been saying this shit..? It's like groundhog day every year in late DEC! :pound:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley? Everyhting I'm reading says he is 6"2"-235# But when have you ever been accurate?? :whistle:

...Sure 6'2" is small for a NFL DE, but he would be a great 4-3 OLB! How big is Von Miller? Sure 235 is a little light but he has the frame to bulk up! His specialty is SACKs! He has first step quickness and closing speed that is elite! Thats would put us over the top. Oh and he is a good tackler, he is a force fumbling machine simular to Ogltree. Dam...imagine him on our defense! Plugging him in @OLB on an already good defense! I just got a chubby thinkin about it!

doesnt matter anyways, the Giants will take him @ 9. We wont have a chance at him. I'm also liking that Brandon Scherff as well. We probably should fix our o-line first.

Espn has him at 220. I'm just not making it up. When am I not accurate? And usually they are listed bigger then they really are until they get to the combine with the official measurements. And Von Miller is listed at 6'3 250 big difference. I watch the Clemson game yesterday he looks pretty darn skinny. but I'm sure he'll bulk up for the combine. If he's only 220 he won't go in the top 10. I agree Scherff should be our first pick hopefully he's there.

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson is a bit on the small side, but he can be a true 4-3 OLB, albeit probably a WLB. Beasley is more of a pass rusher, so I don't like the fit there. Fowler, Mauldin, Kikaha are 3-4 pass rushing OLBs, questionable fits. Striker is smaller like Thompson, but has experience both rushing the passer and in coverage. Jenkins could be a fit as a SLB, but like most has been more about pass rush to this point. For day 2 or 3, some other intriguing guys would be Jake Ryan, Paul Dawson (who plays a bit like Chris Borland), JR Tavai, etc.

The main guys that I see fitting the Rams as potential SLBs (putting Ogletree as the WLB to take advantage of his speed) would be some of the top guys typically listed as ILBs, like Bernardrick McKinney. Solid pass rusher and tackler, strong against the run, has played with his hand down and as a MLB. Could use some work in coverage though. I really like Eric Kendricks as well, but he is a bit on the smaller side. Some other guys of this type for day 2 or day 3 would be Wilson (Georgia), Perryman (Florida), Hull (LB U), Ragland (Alabama) or maybe Davis (Syracuse). AJ Johnson has the physical tools, but his off-the-field stuff would make him a risk.

Dupree seems like a 3-4 OLB to me, if not a DE straight away (as CBS has him listed).

It's tough to separate these guys, as I've only seen snippets of a lot of them, but I would say my faves are Kendricks, McKinney, Thompson and perhaps Perryman early, with Striker, Dawson, Ryan on the next tier. Hull later could be good value.

I hope the Rams add a pick for this year's draft, as I really think they need to add two LBs; and OLB and someone capable of backing up and learning from Laurinaitis. However, they also potentially need QB, C, OT, OG, FS, etc with only 5 picks currently.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB that will go in the 3rd/4th round: Stephone Anthony. Maybe we find a good OLB in FA?

You and I are BOTH on the Anthony train SJ!! Love that kid. IF we get an extra pick, he is someone I covet. He will be there in the 5th round though... so there is a chance!

As for FA OLB, Sean Weatherspoon could be intriguing. He is coming off an injury and Atlanta is going through a coaching change so he might be convinced to come back to the midwest.
I am not looking at Justin Houston or Justin Durant, their teams will pay them. Malcom Smith or O'Brien Scofield are guys I would love to poach off of Seattle. Same with Akeem Ayers from New England. One veteran guy I would not mind maybe bringing in on a one year deal is Brian Orakpo. Could be a low risk, high reward thing

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saffold will need surgery to repair his shoulder. Have to give him credit for playing the season hurt. Another reason why we need to go O line in the first rd this year.