• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wizards don’t know what the hell they are doing. It is as simple as that.

They think they can be a playoff team next season. And perhaps they can be. But with almost no upside to do anything once they get there.

I know their intent is to keep him, but Beal's extension might actually make him a more attractive trade chip. Since its only 2 years, its right in that sweet spot. You don't have to worry about him leaving in free agency in summer of 2020 nor do you have to worry about crippling long term money in a 4 or 5 year deal. Had he stayed on his current contract which expires this season, only a limited amount of teams would be willing to give away assets for a player that could be a rental (thus your return haul would be low as well). The extra 2 years gives teams more security and more of them might be willing to engage in trade talks. So the Wizards might have stumbled backwards into something that could actually help them.

But this is the Wizards. Even with Grunfeld gone, they'll do the stupid thing. The right thing to do is to still actively be looking to trade Beal once he's eligible. But they'll continue to do the wrong thing; throwing money away trying to make that Beal/Wall core work.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inclined to agree Pop #1 but so hard to judge in NBA as I think roster is more important than the other major sports.

will say Spo has at least kept his teams competitive. Not his fault they had no shot to be a title contender last 5 or so years.

Kerr? Still need to see what he does when he does not have the most talented team...often far more talented.
This is obviously the year we find out.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors at 4th is far more laughable than forgetting about the Rockets

Maybe...but the thing is we all make these lists and they end up being pretty similar. But then the actual season happens and due to injuries and things just working out or not working out as expected, there's a couple of surprises. Maybe they end up 4th with 51 wins and 8th is 45 wins, who knows? Not a favored outcome but not crazy either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know their intent is to keep him, but Beal's extension might actually make him a more attractive trade chip. Since its only 2 years, its right in that sweet spot. You don't have to worry about him leaving in free agency in summer of 2020 nor do you have to worry about crippling long term money in a 4 or 5 year deal. Had he stayed on his current contract which expires this season, only a limited amount of teams would be willing to give away assets for a player that could be a rental (thus your return haul would be low as well). The extra 2 years gives teams more security and more of them might be willing to engage in trade talks. So the Wizards might have stumbled backwards into something that could actually help them.

But this is the Wizards. Even with Grunfeld gone, they'll do the stupid thing. The right thing to do is to still actively be looking to trade Beal once he's eligible. But they'll continue to do the wrong thing; throwing money away trying to make that Beal/Wall core work.

It does not hurt his trade value. That is certain.

But it creates a window where he can’t be traded. It also signals to me that he will not be traded next summer. They will suck this year, then they will win about 38 games next year and they will hold Beal until his trade value is greatly diminished or non-existent.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humility, I like it! :D

Yeah... I don't know everything, either.

I think I have a good beat on the locker room problems that Boston experienced last year, though... and my honest opinion is that the lion's share of the blame goes to Kyrie Irving and his "leadership."

Which isn't to say that other guys couldn't have down better... Stevens included. But Kyrie was what stirred the pot.

As for Rozier... I don't actually think he's a bad guy... more like young and stupid... and he committed the cardinal sin by running to the media to voice his frustrations.
You'd like to think a coach could do something about it (or even other players) but the things I heard about Kyrie here I'm not so sure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue. Didn't see him get hurt in a game

There hasn't been a lot of info, but from what I've heard said so far, it sounds almost precautionary.

Best guess from the little info that's out there, is that it's some kind of minor strain that he'd probably play through if they were in a playoff push.

Hard to tell these days though because teams will keep guys out if their wife yelled at them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy I didn't purchase tickets to see Zion in Brooklyn

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sorry about your QB, @ChiefsLakers67

Please, not another Patriots Super Bowl.

I'm hanging on, by a string , to my refusal to acknowledge anyone other than Montana as the GOAT.

If I'm honest, that theory has already been blown to shit.

But, that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sorry about your QB, @ChiefsLakers67

Please, not another Patriots Super Bowl.

I'm hanging on, by a string , to my refusal to acknowledge anyone other than Montana as the GOAT.

If I'm honest, that theory has already been blown to shit.

But, that would be the final nail in the coffin.

MRI is today. HOPING for good news...:hope:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a bummer.

Listen, I'm reluctant to actually say this out load...

But, have you noticed he gets hurt when the lights are brightest?

He went down, almost IMMEDIATELY, in that televised game in college that Obama attended * shoegate *.

He went down first 10 mins of Summer League.

Now hes out the start of the Season in a nationally televised game on TNT?

In fairness, he played in the tournament.

But, damn...

Was looking forward to Siakam vs Zion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I'm reluctant to actually say this out load...

But, have you noticed he gets hurt when the lights are brightest?

He went down, almost IMMEDIATELY, in that televised game in college that Obama attended * shoegate *.

He went down first 10 mins of Summer League.

Now hes out the start of the Season in a nationally televised game on TNT?

In fairness, he played in the tournament.

But, damn...

Was looking forward to Siakam vs Zion.

Same. Disappointing to say the least.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322

I think this was inevitable. McKinney didn't really look like he has improved from last year and with the Warriors being rail thin right now in the front court and Chriss playing really well this was bound to happen.

I think McKinney would be an excellent pick up for a lot of contenders. Think Houston would be an ideal fit now with Gerald Green out for the year. He could also help out a teams like Portland or Milwaukee.

Lastly, think its cool the Warriors did this sooner rather than later too. Gives McKinney more time to try to find a new home before the final cuts come in from NBA rosters.