• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny cuz its true.

Literally none of these guys have anything to be mad at.

Kyrie screwed over the Celtics.
The Thunder did Russ and PG favors by trading them to contenders.
Anthony Davis got the trade he wanted.

Well, maybe Dlo should be mad at Brooklyn. They did essentially pick Kyrie over him.

AD most likely to go off because the others just aren’t on his level. But I could see Russ getting every single ISO in that Thunder game just to prove a point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden chasing 50 points in a preseason game is probably the lamest thing I've ever seen in the NBA.

I don't wish injury on anyone but up 16 in the final 3 minutes of the final preseason game?

Wouldn't mind seeing Harden injured an ankle or knee right now. Something to have him miss 2-4 weeks because this is embarrassing

what do we keep saying...?

the guy's all about HIMSELF...

Lol he does know these stats dont count right?

This is why Cowherd not listing them as a playoff team isn't crazy.

Harden feels like he was ripped off when he didn't win MVP.

I'm sure Westbrook, with his averaging a triple double for the 3rd straight season, feels like he deserved it too.

I'd expect that both want the MVP and I don't see that working too well.

Of all of the teams that most would consider playoff "locks" due to their talent, I think the Rockets are the most likely to miss them for reasons other than injuries.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pretty darn cool detail on the Mavs court this year; a silhouette of Dirk shooting his famous step back

r611675_1073x551cc.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like lard ass has been slacking off

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden feels like he was ripped off when he didn't win MVP.

I'm sure Westbrook, with his averaging a triple double for the 3rd straight season, feels like he deserved it too.

I'd expect that both want the MVP and I don't see that working too well.

Of all of the teams that most would consider playoff "locks" due to their talent, I think the Rockets are the most likely to miss them for reasons other than injuries.
The way he plays the game is ridiculous.

BUT, the officials keep falling for it.

One of the hardest parts about China-gate was the fact that Fat fucking Morey is so unlikable, right along with his flopping was franchise player.

So, it was hard to side with his tubby ass.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is actually extremely crazy.

Harden chasing the MVP like this=more wins

With the way Harden is playing, it makes it more likely that he wins MVP which means a higher seed for Houston come playoffs time

I also don't think it is fair to assume Russ is out here chasing an MVP. He never made comments to ever suggest that. I never seen him make comment after comment in the offseason as Harden did because he didn't win the MVP.

He does what is necessary for his team to win. His decision making isn't the best but he isn't as selfish as Harden. He values winning more than individual accomplishments.

Unless Harden and Russ suffer significant injuries, Houston will not miss the playoffs and won't get close to missing it. They're going to be a top 2 seed in the West without any crazy injuries. One thing D'antoni knows how to do is have a great regular season team and this year will be no different.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the way Harden is playing, it makes it more likely that he wins MVP which means a higher seed for Houston come playoffs time

I also don't think it is fair to assume Russ is out here chasing an MVP. He never made comments to ever suggest that. I never seen him make comment after comment in the offseason as Harden did because he didn't win the MVP.

He does what is necessary for his team to win. His decision making isn't the best but he isn't as selfish as Harden. He values winning more than individual accomplishments.

Unless Harden and Russ suffer significant injuries, Houston will not miss the playoffs and won't get close to missing it. They're going to be a top 2 seed in the West without any crazy injuries. One thing D'antoni knows how to do is have a great regular season team and this year will be no different.

I think it is a little crazy:

But, you have maybe the 2 most notorious stat chasers in NBA history in the same team. It is very possible that they have some serious conflict in that locker room.

I am not saying they will have bad chemistry, but they easily could develop bad chemistry.
And if they do, the team could struggle.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a little crazy:

But, you have maybe the 2 most notorious stat chasers in NBA history in the same team. It is very possible that they have some serious conflict in that locker room.

I am not saying they will have bad chemistry, but they easily could develop bad chemistry.
And if they do, the team could struggle.

which is EXACTLY what I've been saying all along...

the 2 of them together in Houston BOTH wanting the ball in their hands could turn into a very ugly situation. i'm interested to see which one of 'em is willing to sacrifice his touches. gonna be something to watch...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 @Heatles84
Waiters suspended for opener.
I think he won’t be around very long.
Im not sure what his role is with our roster.
I think there might be more upside with Nunn.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he plays the game is ridiculous.

BUT, the officials keep falling for it.

One of the hardest parts about China-gate was the fact that Fat fucking Morey is so unlikable, right along with his flopping was franchise player.

So, it was hard to side with his tubby ass.

Yeah, I find Harden all but unwatchable. Of the 2, I'd much rather watch Westbrook.

That's going to make watching Rockets games interesting. One of the most watchable players in the league is teamed up with arguably the least watchable player in the league.

And they both will want the ball.

What could possibly go wrong? lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

As @tlance pointed out, they are both notorious stat chasers. There's a decent chance they don't mix well.

I don't need Westbrook to say anything re: the MVP, I see how he plays and how he chases empty stats. That tells me all I need to know.

They're friends, so maybe they find a way to make it work. Maybe they are able to figure out that if they can find a way to play together where both are at least satisfied and learn that they can make things easier for each other. If they do, it can work.

But, they both have been playing the same way for a long time and we saw that playing alongside KD and to an extent PG, didn't change Westbrook and Harden didn't really change anything for CP3. So, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the whole thing blow up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

As @tlance pointed out, they are both notorious stat chasers. There's a decent chance they don't mix well.

I don't need Westbrook to say anything re: the MVP, I see how he plays and how he chases empty stats. That tells me all I need to know.

They're friends, so maybe they find a way to make it work. Maybe they are able to figure out that if they can find a way to play together where both are at least satisfied and learn that they can make things easier for each other. If they do, it can work.

But, they both have been playing the same way for a long time and we saw that playing alongside KD and to an extent PG, didn't change Westbrook and Harden didn't really change anything for CP3. So, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the whole thing blow up.

Great points and all but did Russ ever miss a playoffs when him and KD played most of the season? Him and PG didn't miss a playoffs either.

And all Harden did with CP3 was be a top team out West all the time.

So I'll say it again, this team won't get close to missing the playoffs.

They'll be just fine. Win mid 50's and finish as a top 2 seed in the West

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points and all but did Russ ever miss a playoffs when him and KD played most of the season? Him and PG didn't miss a playoffs either.

5th seed...

I'll say it again...:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When have either of them ever played with a player who demands the ball as much and needs as many iso's as each of them do?

KD wanted the ball, but I don't ever remember him demanding it. He basically got fed up and left.

PG probably wanted the ball more, but he also never demanded it and he's a Clipper after what? One season with Westbrook?

I seem to remember there being some talk about friction between CP3 and Harden...CP3 is now in OKC after what? 2 years with Harden?

Granted, I'm a little biased here because I think an implosion would be far more entertaining than them actually working would be. But there are very legit reasons why this may not work.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th seed...

I'll say it again...:D

End of the day, that's about where I put them. If they never really learn to play together and just take turns, they are good enough to get a 4 or 5 seed. Especially when you consider that the Lakers and Clippers are unlikely top be too worried about their seeding and the Warriors won't have Klay until February or March if at all.

But if it implodes...it will be spectacular. lol

Whatever happens and no matter where they are seeded, they are unlikely to get past the 2nd round, imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have either of them ever played with a player who demands the ball as much and needs as many iso's as each of them do?

KD wanted the ball, but I don't ever remember him demanding it. He basically got fed up and left.

PG probably wanted the ball more, but he also never demanded it and he's a Clipper after what? One season with Westbrook?

I seem to remember there being some talk about friction between CP3 and Harden...CP3 is now in OKC after what? 2 years with Harden?

Granted, I'm a little biased here because I think an implosion would be far more entertaining than them actually working would be. But there are very legit reasons why this may not work.

May not work also doesn't equal missing the playoffs. Not working can be 5th seed and 1st round knockout.

I don't see any way they miss the playoffs unless Harden gets hurt for a long period of time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 @Heatles84
Waiters suspended for opener.
I think he won’t be around very long.
Im not sure what his role is with our roster.
I think there might be more upside with Nunn.

Waiters isn't in the Heat's long-term plans, that's clear as day. I like the upside of what Herro has offered thus far, and Nunn has been really good. I'm cool with trading Waiters for a 2040 2nd round pick and a bag of Doritos.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters isn't in the Heat's long-term plans, that's clear as day. I like the upside of what Herro has offered thus far, and Nunn has been really good. I'm cool with trading Waiters for a 2040 2nd round pick and a bag of Doritos.
Does the Heat pick the Dorito flavor?