• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe's wild NBA predictions: Giannis' big decision, trades to watch for

One noteable thing I saw was Lowe saying Portland would trade Hassan Whiteside or Kent Bazemore and assets to get one of Gallinari, Blake, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka or....you guessed it Kevin Love.

What I wouldn't give to see what happens when Portland trades Hassan Whiteside, Future 1st and Gary Trent Jr. to the Cavs for Kevin Love. It'll be amazing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
File this under:
source.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe's wild NBA predictions: Giannis' big decision, trades to watch for

One noteable thing I saw was Lowe saying Portland would trade Hassan Whiteside or Kent Bazemore and assets to get one of Gallinari, Blake, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka or....you guessed it Kevin Love.

What I wouldn't give to see what happens when Portland trades Hassan Whiteside, Future 1st and Gary Trent Jr. to the Cavs for Kevin Love. It'll be amazing.

13. Miami finishes third in the East

Boston is the favorite for this spot. It has more talent than any East team below Milwaukee and Philadelphia. But Boston's five best players are wings or point guards; some diminishing returns are almost inevitable. Toronto is a trade risk. If both fall short of expectations, the race for No. 3 is wide-open.

Right now, Butler is better than anyone on the Celtics. He can power Miami to a lot of regular-season wins. Miami has an interesting mix around him, including two youngish guys -- Winslow and Bam Adebayo -- on the come up.

If Pat Riley senses an opening, he will seize on a win-now trade. I was going to predict Miami hosts a first-round series -- putting its floor at No. 4 -- but that's not bold enough in the East.

tenor.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I would take Kemba over Butler although Butler is a much better defender than Kemba.

The bigger issue for the Celtics is the front court. They are putting a lot of faith in Kanter discovering how to play D. Seems pretty unlikely.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would take Kemba over Butler although Butler is a much better defender than Kemba.
No doubt Butler is the better defender... Kemba has a better head on this shoulders, though.
flyer said:
The bigger issue for the Celtics is the front court. They are putting a lot of faith in Kanter discovering how to play D. Seems pretty unlikely.
Don't be surprised to see Kanter coming off the bench as a back-up.

I personally like Theis as the usual starter... (although he might not be big enough to start against every match-up).

Theis plays good team defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Butler is the better defender... Kemba has a better head on this shoulders, though.

Don't be surprised to see Kanter coming off the bench as a back-up.

I personally like Theis as the usual starter... (although he might not be big enough to start against every match-up).

Theis plays good team defense.

Does Their present any sort of offensive threat? I never remember him being more than a defensive paint player.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Their present any sort of offensive threat? I never remember him being more than a defensive paint player.
Theis can hit the occasional 3 ball... he shot 39% from distance last season.

That's enough. The C's don't necessarily need much offense out of their 5 spot... (their starting line up has scoring in spades)... what they could really use is decent defense.

The great hope is Robert Williams will develop... to my eye it doesn't look like kid has 'arrived' yet, though.

Frenchy (Poirier) may see minutes... especially early in the season. He's a big body and a seasoned pro (albeit in a foreign league).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theis can hit the occasional 3 ball... he shot 39% from distance last season.

That's enough. The C's don't necessarily need much offense out of their 5 spot... (their starting line up has scoring in spades)... what they could really use is decent defense.

The great hope is Robert Williams will develop... to my eye it doesn't look like kid has 'arrived' yet, though.

Frenchy (Poirier) may see minutes... especially early in the season. He's a big body and a seasoned pro (albeit in a foreign league).

Well I don't think the Celtics are going to be bad certainly. But I think they are going to really struggled against the Bucks, Sixers and Pacers given their lack of meat in the front court.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think the Celtics are going to be bad certainly. But I think they are going to really struggled against the Bucks, Sixers and Pacers given their lack of meat in the front court.
It'll be interesting... no doubt. Defensive rebounding (in particular) seems to be the weak spot, to me. And any time Kanter is on the floor playing defense. ;)

Against Philly, the C's can always hope that Embiid keeps fluttering out to the 3 pt line and jacking up long shots. :D

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting... no doubt. Defensive rebounding (in particular) seems to be the weak spot, to me. And any time Kanter is on the floor playing defense. ;)

Against Philly, the C's can always hope that Embiid keeps fluttering out to the 3 pt line and jacking up long shots. :D

Well his nemesis is wearing a Sixers jersey now so...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his nemesis is wearing a Sixers jersey now so...
Embiid's greatest nemesis is his head, thus far.

IMHO.

He has all world talent. And he seems like an interesting, fun dude... I'd love to go bowling with him.

But his tendency to float to the perimeter is a straight-up self-inflicted wound... a misuse of his talent. And the diet concerns that have been raised around him fall in the same category.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden chasing 50 points in a preseason game is probably the lamest thing I've ever seen in the NBA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wish injury on anyone but up 16 in the final 3 minutes of the final preseason game?

Wouldn't mind seeing Harden injured an ankle or knee right now. Something to have him miss 2-4 weeks because this is embarrassing

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle tried to be a hero and failed. RIP Knicks

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wish injury on anyone but up 16 in the final 3 minutes of the final preseason game?

Wouldn't mind seeing Harden injured an ankle or knee right now. Something to have him miss 2-4 weeks because this is embarrassing

what do we keep saying...?

the guy's all about HIMSELF...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors defense is a REAL issue.

Currently down by 10 against the Lakers' D-League 2nd unit

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to the game.
It was stupid how hard Westbrook was playing.
Also stupid how long Houston went with their starters.
You would have thought it was a playoff game.