• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's definitely hard to say with Kerr. I don't think there's any doubt that as far as the culture...he's the one who got those guys to play the way they do and sacrifice for each other rather than just looking to "get theirs".

He may end up being viewed similar to Phil Jackson where it's more about how well he manages egos than about his X's and O's.
I'm one who believes winning makes for the better culture and not the other way around, but that's just an opinion and wouldn't dismiss the other side....and also could be argued neither did anything without having the best players.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But they added D-Lo and Willie Cauley-Stein which should help them to stay fairly close to the middle of the pack until they get Klay back in March for a playoff push.

Add to that the fact that the Lakers aren't likely to be too concerned about seeding (I think Lebron and AD are only going to play about 65-70 games) and that's not crazy either, imo.

I don't necessarily agree with either this or the Rockets take, but they're not crazy either.
Hope a certain poster doesn't ask if you talked to anyone to be sure the Lakers aren't too concerned about seeding, but I agree they wont be.

Also agree on your GW assessment. I think they can hang around the 5-8 range and depending when he comes back make a late charge to a higher seed with Thompson.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one who believes winning makes for the better culture and not the other way around, but that's just an opinion and wouldn't dismiss the other side....and also could be argued neither did anything without having the best players.

Yeah, I think it can go either way. In the Warriors case, they were pretty young when their run started, so I think Kerr may deserve much of the credit.

On the other hand, they say winning fixes a lot of issues. So there's definitely a case to be made for that too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even then
I'm still playing weekly and can hold my own. I think I might give Wiggins the benefit of the doubt over me at 49 though.

so that's 1 here he can claim....so he's got that going for him.

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still playing weekly and can hold my own. I think I might give Wiggins the benefit of the doubt over me at 49 though.

so that's 1 here he can claim....so he's got that going for him.
He's probably got me beat too; my slow release set shot ain't what it used to be.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, for either the Wiz or Beal.

Beal is a very good player, but he's not enough to get them to the playoffs, let alone advance. They likely weren't making the playoffs if Wall was healthy.

All Beal is going to do for them is make them just good enough to lose some ping pong balls.

Unless someone is willing to trade for him, he's basically going to just get 2 years older.

Thoughts @tlance ?

The Wizards don’t know what the hell they are doing. It is as simple as that.

They think they can be a playoff team next season. And perhaps they can be. But with almost no upside to do anything once they get there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics finished the pre-season 4-0. With Kyrie gone, these guys are getting back into 2017 type mentality. Watching 7'7" Taco Ford was a treat. Wished I still lived up in Portland, ME so I could see him play for the Red Claws.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand criticism of Brad Stevens with regards to the playing time he gave to Hayward last season.

The Celtics have a tremendous investment in Hayward. 100% of the time it is right move to give Hayward regular season minutes to work himself back into shape.

Stevens made the easy, obvious call in this case.

If idiots like Terry Rozier don't understand the logic in that... so be it. But no sensible person should go along with such nonsense.
Was it just Scary Terry?

Could have sworn at least Brown also felt some kinda way about it too..