• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Milwaukee For Three Games June 24-26

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus we have pitchers that may be needed to add rule 5 so that may be a factor.
Scott Lucas mentioned something the other day that seemed to indicate he didn't think Rule 5 would be much of a problem this year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me stubborn and I'll live with it. But I'm still hanging with what we've got. Here's at least parts of why: (1) Seager gets healthy (2) Jung is coming back and I don't think anyone can deny how important he is to how our offense works. (3) Don't we have at least one starter who'll be available sooner than later..........And don't get me wrong. I won't carry this banner for an indefinite period of time. ha
I'm not looking for a rebuild. Would like to improve at 1B to start. Scherzer is not young anymore and could bring back some value hopefully a decent bat. We could trade Duran and possibly Traveras in a pkg for prospects. And Garcia if he continues to flounder.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am for resigning Urena Lorenzen and Yates
Signing them can be done even if we trade them.

Of course we should have:

deGrom
Mahle
Gray
Bradford
Dunning

That would be a really good rotation, so it might be wiser to spend money on relievers and not on Lorenzen .

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for everyone?

If we get swept by the Orioles, does that make us sellers, or would it still be premature.
Jeff Wilson says, "I don't think so right now, but something to consider with guys on expiring contracts if this doesn't get turned around."

Jamey Newberg said:

"I don’t know. Ask in three weeks."

My question to them was without the caveat, if we are swept by the Orioles, though.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eovaldi is going to be traded by the deadline. My guess is Dodgers ( who will fleece us), Phillies, or Orioles. Cleveland also possible.

No way ownership is going to give him what he deserves.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eovaldi is going to be traded by the deadline. My guess is Dodgers ( who will fleece us), Phillies, or Orioles. Cleveland also possible.

No way ownership is going to give him what he deserves.
Sure hope you're wrong

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing them can be done even if we trade them.

Of course we should have:

deGrom
Mahle
Gray
Bradford
Dunning

That would be a really good rotation, so it might be wiser to spend money on relievers and not on Lorenzen .
I am not sure if deGrom will come back the same and injury prone suggest we keep Lorenzen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking for a rebuild. Would like to improve at 1B to start. Scherzer is not young anymore and could bring back some value hopefully a decent bat. We could trade Duran and possibly Traveras in a pkg for prospects. And Garcia if he continues to flounder.
I'm with ya totally on the rebuild. And I always like the scenarios of getting better at any given position. But I swear DT I can't imagine 'A' team thinking they'd get better by adding a package of Duran/Traveras. And I don't know what a team would give up to get Scherzer. Unfortunately for him and us, there's just so little left in the tank, it's damn near tankless.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood - to this very day - of why we made such an investment in DeGrom!! Was it almost a strictly marketing move to encourage the fan base? Besides, if he somehow became the guy 'DeGrom' that we want to remember, the it's one heck of a deal! But the likelihood of this happening was damn near zero IMO. So, here we are......And ya know what? I LIKE THE SHIT OUTTA HAVING THAT BANNER IN OUR BALLPARK NOW AND FOREVER!!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another question for you guys.

Do you expect our starting pitching ERA to be better, post-All Star break or pre-All Star break? Or will it be about the same?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if deGrom will come back the same and injury prone suggest we keep Lorenzen.
If we do go after a free agent pitcher we might go after a better one. There will certainly be several to choose from.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope you're wrong
Me too. But we are 13 million over the CBT and ownership has said we are getting under it in 25. Eovaldi could vest at 20 mil next season but almost certainly he will opt out and go for a 3-4 year deal for his final contract.

So he will get traded because he's still good and some contender will pony up

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya totally on the rebuild. And I always like the scenarios of getting better at any given position. But I swear DT I can't imagine 'A' team thinking they'd get better by adding a package of Duran/Traveras. And I don't know what a team would give up to get Scherzer. Unfortunately for him and us, there's just so little left in the tank, it's damn near tankless.
I think a contender might want Taveras as a 4th OF if their cupboard was dry at that spot.. We have traded for that type of player in the past.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran does have some talent. He is a very nice bench guy. If someone needs a bench guy he would be of some value and throwing Traveras in might seal a deal. But as imporant, Leody would be gone and open up a place on the 40 man. Just an option and I'm not stuck on it. However, Traveras and Grossman has to go at all cost.
Another question for you guys.

Do you expect our starting pitching ERA to be better, post-All Star break or pre-All Star break? Or will it be about the same?
That is a hard one. Too early to tackle for me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 6 teams in all of MLB with a worse record than us, and it could only be 5 if the Blue Jays win.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Duran has a future here, but Taveras probably does not. Those two are not in the same category to me.