• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Milwaukee For Three Games June 24-26

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither would bring more than Taveras
My philosophy is always keep the best and trade the rest, when a trade is needed for roster reasons.

Now, if we are going after a big fish, the bait has to be better than most any of those guys.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My philosophy is always keep the best and trade the rest, when a trade is needed for roster reasons.

Now, if we are going after a big fish, the bait has to be better than most any of those guys.
so keep top 30 and try to trade the scraps. all we would get is the scraps from the other team

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough baseball. Things definitely not going the Rangers way

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for everyone?

If we get swept by the Orioles, does that make us sellers, or would it still be premature.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eovaldi or someone else pitches great we can't score. We score our pitching fails. Eovaldi vs Keuchel should have been a W.
I'm not a huge proponent of having a 5 to 1 SO ratio. But at the same time, if a pitcher can't K guys when they need too then it's much more imperative for them not to walk guys. And our walk to K ratio seems to be very poor. Today it was two to one, and I didn't get to watch. But of the four guys who were walked, three of them had a run scored.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 0-7 road trip is pretty likely now. Best case we win one game in Baltimore. And that will do it for this season either way.

Time to trade away what we can. Get Langford, Foscue and hopefully Carter as much playing time as possible.

And SERIOUSLY consider moving Tavares, Garcia, Lowe and Scherzer.

2025 will be better. Maybe much better. But coming off a championship to a likely 70-75 win season is really bad.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so keep top 30 and try to trade the scraps. all we would get is the scraps from the other team
I didn't say we needed to trade anyone, but if we did, I would only get rid of the players who we have to for 40-man roster considerations. That might be only one or two guys. Yerry was in that realm and we got rid of him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Shawn McFarland:

Chris Young said that right-hander Cole Winn has a sprained capsule in his shoulder and will likely be out for eight weeks.

"It’s an area you don’t want to mess around with, and it’s something that will heal."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston Santos makes his AA debut Friday. We really need more pitchers to keep right on rolling after moving up to one of the upper level teams.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sellers for me.
Call me stubborn and I'll live with it. But I'm still hanging with what we've got. Here's at least parts of why: (1) Seager gets healthy (2) Jung is coming back and I don't think anyone can deny how important he is to how our offense works. (3) Don't we have at least one starter who'll be available sooner than later..........And don't get me wrong. I won't carry this banner for an indefinite period of time. ha

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for everyone?

If we get swept by the Orioles, does that make us sellers, or would it still be premature.
Depends on the deal. If there is a too tier high level 1B prospect that might work.
Dont want to trade with Seattle or Houston
Like to keep Yates in case but he will be sought after. Would be willing to part with Heaney for the right deal. Same with Max.

Team looks like all the breaks going against so may need to move some. Plus we have pitchers that may be needed to add rule 5 so that may be a factor.

But I think we hold off until the break

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me stubborn and I'll live with it. But I'm still hanging with what we've got. Here's at least parts of why: (1) Seager gets healthy (2) Jung is coming back and I don't think anyone can deny how important he is to how our offense works. (3) Don't we have at least one starter who'll be available sooner than later..........And don't get me wrong. I won't carry this banner for an indefinite period of time. ha
I agree. I don't mind trying to do something that improves the team going forward but I don't want to come anywhere close to a rebuild.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the deal. If there is a too tier high level 1B prospect that might work.
Dont want to trade with Seattle or Houston
Like to keep Yates in case but he will be sought after. Would be willing to part with Heaney for the right deal. Same with Max.

Team looks like all the breaks going against so may need to move some. Plus we have pitchers that may be needed to add rule 5 so that may be a factor.

But I think we hold off until the break
Yeah, I meant at the desdline, not next week. I meant, will that show you that we are destined to be sellers this year. I guess I should have made that clear.