• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Game Discussion: Devils vs Bolts

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thought that tonight's effort was really gutsy by the Devils. Larsson was a revelation. Spent a lot of time paying attention to him and Gelinas, thought they had strong games. I think it was Larsson who was beaten on the Tampa breakaway in the 1st, but the dman made a nice recovery to pressure the shooter and didn't take a penalty on it. Thought they both played well. Gelinas didn't get a lot of chances to use his shot (couple of PP attempts stand out late in the game).

All in all Stamkos and St. Louis were really kept in check most of the game except on the PP. It's amazing how dangerous Stamkos is at all times. Team did a nice job denying them space. Also, I thought the Devils really controlled play well with the exception of the 7 minutes or so after the Henrique penalty.

Marty had a great night.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think what Kovy n Jagr could've accomplished....

Things look shaky before the Henrique penalty, where we couldn't move the puck out of our end which spells doom sooner or later and boom, penalty... pp goal...

Overall good game, still unbeaten in regulation at home right?

Larsson was good, would like to see him take chances and fire the puck away... playing with Gelinas seems to be bringing his game up even if its by competition...

Olesz has quietly been playing well enough to stay in the lineup, good for him... still waiting on Zajac to bring his game to another level.

Zids is awful....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i finally saw larrson take a slapper! it was in the second period on the rush right before jagr scored.

games like these where tampa obviously didn't bring their "A" game are must wins. glad they took advantage of it

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the team was sharp for the most part. Sat back way too much at the end, and had a moment like MC said where they slept for a few minutes. The final power plays were so conservative that it was like they were trying to kill off Tampa's penalty with them.

Did you guys hear when the announcer said that Zids has one of the hardest slappers in the game?
To me, always seemed average at best. Better accuracy than most on the team, but definitely don't see him firing missiles back there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
rp i remember him saying that. maybe its just me but i dont really remember him slapping it much other then the boston goal 2 games ago. maybe because 1. the shot never gets through or 2 he never hits the net with it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Gelinas' shot is gross, he and Larsson look awesome together. These 2 cannot come out of the lineup.

-Zajac still seems to be the 1 guy we need to perform that just isn't doing it. Hopefully he can come around.

-The PK looks like it's getting it's act together and I thought they did an amazing job of keeping the play to the outside in our end.

-The 1st and 4th lines are consistently in the other team's end. The 4th line just out hustle whoever they're up against, the 1st line Elias and Jagr are just magnets for the puck, their stick work and control is fun to watch.

-Marty had a great game.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh hey, btw, we're 1 point out of a playoff spot... 0_o:suds:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Besides Zajac hopefully stepping up, Brunner has been a bit invisible since he got hurt.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Zajac hopefully stepping up, Brunner has been a bit invisible since he got hurt.

Was thinking that as well. Zajac, Brunner, Ryder have been quiet. Henrique to a lesser extent but he's logging PK time and although he's not scoring seems to at least be noticeable on offense.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking that as well. Zajac, Brunner, Ryder have been quiet. Henrique to a lesser extent but he's logging PK time and although he's not scoring seems to at least be noticeable on offense.

Brunner I think is a streaky player. Ryders MO is you dont notice him until he scores. Zajac I continue to worry about. Always solid on D and faceoffs but he needs to be better on offense.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Clowe is our worst signing. Hope he will prove it wrong when he is back in the game. Will he?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olesz has been playing well but so was Clowe(to his ability).... tough call... since niether provides scoring....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the brief glimpses we've seen of Clowe he looks like he's skating in mud. Hopefully he can be healthy for a playoff push/run and provide some grit, maybe cause trouble in front of opposing goalies and score some ugly goals.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His game is from the dots down so hopefully he can be good on the pp like bernier is by sitting in front of the net. Another 4 year's of him so get use to it no one is taking that contract

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked a good game to be in attendance even though the crowd sucked!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyways, WTF is up with this schedule? Luckily we're getting a lot of road games in now so that we're home for a lot of the back to backs later in the year but I have to imagine they could've done this a little better. Game on Tuesday and then we're off until Saturday? C'mon.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Schedule is ridiculous this year. Additional punishment to not having first rounder. Or maybe Lou will appeal for this pick after Kovy's escape.