• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Game Discussion: Devils vs Bolts

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame, we did great attendance wise last year. I'm wondering if us shitting the bed and our slow start this year are keeping people away? Departure of Kovy certainly doesn't help.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think both are factors. If the team gets on a roll, I think the numbers will start to rise.
Overall, the schedule this year sucks.
I got little kids and was hoping for an afternoon game. Tough for me to take them on a Tuesday night game. There is nothing until New Years eve I think.
We also have almost a month off for the Olympics.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kovy and parise gone are the main reasons i believe. yeah if the devils win a game 3-1 with 3 different goal scorers and bernier is the star of the game its a little different then if its a 3-1 win kovy with 2g 1a and the star of the game. its just missing that jazz that we had a small taste of.

if the team starts winning though i think it will increase but not where it was last year. even if this team was winning at its normal pace it just doesn't feel the same without either kovy or parise on the team. its def not as exciting

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our attendance could be worse, Phoenix drew just over 7300 the other night against Nashville. That's frighteningly bad.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow that is bad! i doubt that was actual!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the slow yet ugly start is a cause for the attendence dip... I mean our hockey was never a flash type hockey to begin with, but it was winning before with or without Kovy n Parise...

this is a new group/cast of Devils players I'm sure many fans don't feel tied to(outisde of a few)

plus constantly losing drives some heads away.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cup is absolutely right. I know the hardcore Devil fans will go no matter what, but guys like Kovy and Parise appeal to the more casual fans. Those people want to see high end talent, great offensive plays, speed, dekes, etc.

Think part of the problem when we were still at the Meadowlands was the Devils identity was defense and goaltending. Most casual fans don't care about a team that suffocates the opponent to a 3-1 victory with an empty netter to top it off.

This is not my opinion. But lots of people are this way.
I think Beek understood that, and thats why he went after Kovy hard while Lou stayed out of it.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was talking to my brother last week. We both want to get new jerseys. I burned the Kovy jersey I had, but we couldn't figure out who to get.
I mean maybe Henrique, but its not the same as a Parise or Kovy. Yea, you can go the Stevens or Daneyko route, but for current players? Elias has only few years left.
Better off getting a blank jersey I guess.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current with LT potential???

There's Zajac, Henrique, Schnieder, Gelinas soon lol, maybe a jersey that says 4th line?

There's always Larsson...lol

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Zajac has really struggled.
Too early for Gelinas. I will get his jersey and he will be shipped to Albany.
I like your 4th line idea!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if zajac put up good #s then he is the no brainer. henrique you can't go wrong with either but is he really jersey material at this point? schinder is also a no brainer if he resigns so you have to wait on that.

then again my luck with jerseys SUCKS!

my ex got me my first named jersey just happened to be nieds the year he left.
i got my fiance a parise jersey the year before he left
then i won her a kovy jersey down the shore the summer after the cup run.

so i might just stay away from jerseys for a while!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got an Arnott jersey as a gift 1 month before he was traded...

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A friend of mine got a Kevin Todd jersey when we were younger and few days later was traded.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kevin todd?!?!?!? wtf!

next you will tell me someone had a dennis pederson jersey

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if zajac put up good #s then he is the no brainer. henrique you can't go wrong with either but is he really jersey material at this point? schinder is also a no brainer if he resigns so you have to wait on that.

Why dont you buy a Volchenkov jersey cup?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahaha that's candidate for post of the year!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

My Henrique jersey is really lucky ATM. He's scored in all but 1 game I wore it to. Up to like 6 as of the Bolts game.

Henrique has rapidly become one of the most popular jerseys I've been seeing lately. After the cup run the only ones I saw in stores were Kovy, Marty, Elias, and Henrique.

Actually, Friday night at the Short Hills I saw a giant banner ad for the Devils with Adam on it.

Protip: I'm getting my Parise jersey re-plated with Tedenby ASAP. You need to cut the plate off before you take it to the team store though. I think it's only $15 to get a new name plate. My #9 on the back was signed by Zach though, so I had to cut all the stitches off that too. It actually came off perfectly with no damage to the jersey. I think the guy said $35 for a new plate and a new back #9.

Although, I've considered just taking the side 9s off too at this point and going with a Larsson or something.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have this serious urge to make a GDT for the Flyers game.. We'll see if I can stop myself. haha.