• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #18 Wild Card - Patriots vs Bills Saturday Jan. 15, 2022 8:15 PM CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been able tofigure out why Buffalo Stadium was called Orchard Park. It should have been called something like Worst Weather Arena or something more fitting. When I think of an orchard I think of a warm inviting grove of olive or orange trees or even an apple orchard picking apples in cool weather. Maybe they destoryed the last orchard in buffalo when they built this one.

Anyway, the Patriots willbein Buffalo next Saturday to play the Bills for the third time this year. The long term forecast is for temps tobe in the low 30s during the day and low 20s at night. Possibility of snow. Then agaain, sitting on the shores of Lake Erie in January means that there's always a possibility of snow.

You know that McDermott will be a raging maniac building up his team forthis game. Not much chance of another 50mph wind game.

The game plan should be simple. Getthe O-Line off it;s ass and push the DL back. Rotate Harris and Stevenson and exhaust the Bills at the point of attack. By the midddle of the third quarter, Mac should be ableto start throwing screen passes. Forthe defense, stay on sides and don't grab the WRs at all. The fficials don't let players playinthe playoffs, they call games much closer and abide by the rulebook because they don't want tobe put in the position of letting shit get to far out of hand like the no call in New rleans three years ago.

This is a totally winnable game for both teams. Patriots cannot allow the emotionally charged Bills to overwhelm them early.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills 28

Pats 17

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just win baby!
This team is just way to inconsistent they lack any real identity, the can't seem to catch, tackle or stop Allen.

I feel our lack of effective pass catchers will fail us and while I want a win I just don't see it. The Bills could double Hunter Henry and play any other WR man.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats certainly can win this game but I doubt they will. If the Bills score first we lose. There is no fight in this team.

Still,

Pats 20 Bills 18

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats certainly can win this game but I doubt they will. If the Bills score first we lose. There is no fight in this team.

Still,

Pats 20 Bills 18
I like this take. No delusions but still prepared to try and enjoy the game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We got spirit yes we do, we got spirit how about you"?

Pats record in "rubber game?"

• vs. Buffalo Bills: 1-1 in regular season, 1-0 in playoffs (AFL Divisional Playoffs)

• vs. New York Jets: 1-1 in regular season, 1-0 in playoffs (AFC Wild Card Round)
  • vs. Miami Dolphins: 1-1 in regular season, 1-0 in playoffs (AFC Championship Game)

1997​

• vs. Miami Dolphins: 2-0 in regular season, 1-0 in playoffs (AFC Wild Card Round)

2006​

• vs. New York Jets: 1-1 in regular season, 1-0 in playoffs (AFC Wild Card Round)

2010​

• vs. New York Jets: 1-1 in regular season, 0-1 in playoffs (AFC Divisional Round)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're onto Buffalo. Can BB and co. come up with a good game plan on a short week?
It gives BB one less day to not overthink it.

On the O side full stop run in the first half. Impose your will on them in the cold. 2nd half come out throwing.

On the D side, spy Allen and send pressure all day.

STOP the dumb ass penalties and try to win the turn over battle.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got a word on Stevenson? Heard he may be out rest of year!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got a word on Stevenson? Heard he may be out rest of year!

Rhamondre Stevenson rushed four times for 34 yards in the Patriots' Week 18 loss to the Dolphins.​

Stevenson left with a head injury in the first quarter and was listed as questionable to return. He retook the field in the third quarter but was used sparingly upon his return. Given that he was able to make it back into the lineup, we fully expect Stevenson to be ready for the Wild Card round. He and Harris will form a two-back committee that's efficient enough for both to be viable DFS plays. Harris will rank ahead of Stevenson as the better bet to find the end zone.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rhamondre Stevenson rushed four times for 34 yards in the Patriots' Week 18 loss to the Dolphins.​

Stevenson left with a head injury in the first quarter and was listed as questionable to return. He retook the field in the third quarter but was used sparingly upon his return. Given that he was able to make it back into the lineup, we fully expect Stevenson to be ready for the Wild Card round. He and Harris will form a two-back committee that's efficient enough for both to be viable DFS plays. Harris will rank ahead of Stevenson as the better bet to find the end zone.
DFS?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saturday high of 17 low of 7 bring it on:suds:
Game is starting at 8:15 PM EST.

Game time temp is expected to be between 4/-4 degrees. There's a heavy SNOW stoRm that's expected to arrive Monday in the early morning.

That being forecasted, the temp just might get warm enough for the prevailing winds to carry the storm into Buffalo early an dump a ton of snow starting mid day Sunday. OR the temps could really drop and the wind could have a real effectagain alng with dropping the chill factor to -15 to-20. Either wy, the passing game is put into peril. The ball will be as hard as a stone and getting hit to the ground will not be pleasant.

Eitherway, McDermott will expect that the Bills will be better suited to the extreme, much like the first game in Buffalo. BB will have the Patriots outside for practice all week. He just might have practice at night to acclimate the team to the atmosphere and the weather. He's done it before and it's worked.

Josh has got to come up with a game plan that allows the Patriots to stay on the field for at least six fullminutes every time they have the ball and work the Bills D into exhaustion by the fourth quarter. Bill has to mke sure that the defense is ready to go on the first snap and immediately stop the run or force Allen to throw the ball away. They can't get off slow and try to "work" themselves into this game. If they can establish some sort of early dominance and force the Bills to punt on their first two series, they just might walk out of Orchard Park with huge smiles and a another brutal game in Nashville next week, unless the Steelers pull the upset of the year against the Chiefs.