• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington vs Giants Post Game

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not down on Turner. The offense looks a lot different with Heinicke in there ... so far.
He needs to improve his 2 minute offense. Calling that 3rd time out when they did was dangerous. There should've been 2 plays called in that situation. Run the 1st play and line up immediately ready to go for the 2nd. Maybe catch the Giants in the wrong personnel or in confusion or make them burn a time out. I'll temper this somewhat because of who they were playing but I agree with you. The offense looked more fluid with Heiney at the helm. Hopefully they can replicate that @ Buffalo.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would get tunnel vision too. The other options only receive 40% of the passes or get 6 ypr.
Yeah, that 40% thing is I dunno, OK I skimmed the play by play of both games. Those 10 targets every pass that's been thrown to Brown. Now I'm asking you this because I've thought about myself. Can you remember any passes that Brown has dropped? I can't. When Fitz or Heiney went to him deep I don't think he had a chance to catch any of those balls as he was pretty well covered.

Consider this as well. He has a 22 yard reception on 1 catch and 10 yards on his other 3 receptions including a catch for -2 yards. Of his 4 reactions 3 for 34 yards on 6 targets came against NYG

We only have 4 players averaging better than 10 yards per catch, but it's due largely to 1 big reception for each. Take away Terry Mac's 34 yard rec and his stats read as 14 rec/135 yards. Take away Mckissic's 56 yard rec and his stats read as 4 rec/27 yards. And then Cam has 1 catch for 17 yards and RSJ has 1 catch for 19 yards.

What's kinda encouraging though, at least to me. Is Brown, McKissic, RSJ and anothetr player Logan Thomas all caught their longest pass of the season in the Giants game from Heiney. Carter has no targets.

On Brown's 22 yard rec. That's the play Carter was running down the middle of the field, who Aikman said should've been the 1st read. If Heinery hits him in stride it's an 84 yd td pass play.

At 10:22 of the 4th qt from the Giants 36 yd ln. If Gibson would've actually blocked the LB blitzing instead of turning sideways as not to have contact with him. Heiney would've had time to hit Brown who was going from the right slot up n slanting to the left. If he hits him in stride its an easy 6 points. But on the play it also looks as if Heiney has tunnel vision of Terry Mac as Heiney was looking at him the entire play.

In conclusion I'd opine the 40% catch percentage or the 6 supposed missed targets are much more on QBs throws and the def coverage than it is on Brown being unable to catch them or drop tem which he didn't.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that 40% thing is I dunno, OK I skimmed the play by play of both games. Those 10 targets every pass that's been thrown to Brown. Now I'm asking you this because I've thought about myself. Can you remember any passes that Brown has dropped? I can't. When Fitz or Heiney went to him deep I don't think he had a chance to catch any of those balls as he was pretty well covered.
I have not watched any games. I do understand statistics though. For whatever reason, he is catching only 40% of his targets while TH is completing 74% of his passes.
Consider this as well. He has a 22 yard reception on 1 catch and 10 yards on his other 3 receptions including a catch for -2 yards. Of his 4 reactions 3 for 34 yards on 6 targets came against NYG

We only have 4 players averaging better than 10 yards per catch, but it's due largely to 1 big reception for each. Take away Terry Mac's 34 yard rec and his stats read as 14 rec/135 yards. Take away Mckissic's 56 yard rec and his stats read as 4 rec/27 yards. And then Cam has 1 catch for 17 yards and RSJ has 1 catch for 19 yards.
Oh, I get averages. Look at AH last three seasons. He has consistently been under ten yards per catch and going down. His yards per attempt have gone down and currently sits at 5.4. Those are horrible numbers even for bad players.
What's kinda encouraging though, at least to me. Is Brown, McKissic, RSJ and anothetr player Logan Thomas all caught their longest pass of the season in the Giants game from Heiney. Carter has no targets.
Like I said, I like Brown and think he will be good. But right now, for whatever reason, he and his QB do not click.
On Brown's 22 yard rec. That's the play Carter was running down the middle of the field, who Aikman said should've been the 1st read. If Heinery hits him in stride it's an 84 yd td pass play.
Aikman is an idiot. He has no idea what the actual call was and the progressions.
At 10:22 of the 4th qt from the Giants 36 yd ln. If Gibson would've actually blocked the LB blitzing instead of turning sideways as not to have contact with him. Heiney would've had time to hit Brown who was going from the right slot up n slanting to the left. If he hits him in stride its an easy 6 points. But on the play it also looks as if Heiney has tunnel vision of Terry Mac as Heiney was looking at him the entire play.
Very possible; however, this happens to every QB. Perhaps he liked the matchup of his best receiver…I am not sure.
In conclusion I'd opine the 40% catch percentage or the 6 supposed missed targets are much more on QBs throws and the def coverage than it is on Brown being unable to catch them or drop tem which he didn't.
I never once claimed Brown was at fault. I am simply stating the fact that his receptions per target is very low. For whatever reason, TH is completing 40% of his attempts to DB, while completing over 75% to every other player combined.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once claimed Brown was at fault. I am simply stating the fact that his receptions per target is very low. For whatever reason, TH is completing 40% of his attempts to DB, while completing over 75% to every other player combined.
50% TH targeted Brown 6 times. Brown caught the 3 passes that were catchable, the other 3,, 2 of which were deep passes, were not.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50% TH targeted Brown 6 times. Brown caught the 3 passes that were catchable, the other 3,, 2 of which were deep passes, were not.
3 for 6 against the NYG
1 for 4 against LAC.

So like I said, 40% when throwing to DB and 75+% to his other receivers…for whatever reason.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner not so high on some of Big Tays choices

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 for 6 against the NYG
1 for 4 against LAC.

So like I said, 40% when throwing to DB and 75+% to his other receivers…for whatever reason.
1st qt 7:51 3rd n 4 Wash 32 yd ln. Fitz pass tp Brown imc

2nd qt 15:00 1st n 10 Wash 43 yd ln Fitz pass to Brown imc penalty Fitz underthrows Brown who had a step on his defender.Charger defender called for holding. No Play result 35 yd penalty 1st 10 Charger 22 yd ln - I mention this non-play as its the key play that led to Hopkins 2nd FG

2nd qt 8:57 2nd n 10 Wash 32 yd ln Heiney pass to Brown imc

2nd qt 8:53 3trd n 10 Wasjh 32 yd ln Heiney pass to Brown imc

The passes to Brown from Heiney were the first two plays for Heiney after he entered the game for an injured Fitz. Both passes were too high to make them catchable. Maybe Heiney was jacked up after just entering the game for an injured Fitz. Brown was al;so covered pretty well by Derwin James I believe it was on both plays, but on the 2nd pass for sure. Maybe that's the reason Hieney was high on both throws.

4th qt 15:00 3rd n 10 Charger 31 yd ln Heiney pass to Brown comp -2 yards

So of the 9 passes TH has thown to Brown. Brown has caught 4 or 44.4% of them. The other 5 passes from Heiney to Brown weren't catchable because they weren't on target from Heiney... for whatever reason.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big question going forward... will TH learn with more experience?
I can’t see why not. He seems to have that ‘it’ factor and I don’t think ‘learning’ is an issue for him.

For me, it’s more about durability and accuracy in the long term. Also, how does he adjust once there’s more tape on him and his tendencies.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t see why not. He seems to have that ‘it’ factor and I don’t think ‘learning’ is an issue for him.

For me, it’s more about durability and accuracy in the long term. Also, how does he adjust once there’s more tape on him and his tendencies.
I'm not sure what the "IT" factor is that you speak of, but I do think that learning is the issue, it is with all QB's and in particular with Heinicke as outlined by Kurt Warner. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding the point of the Warner video, but isn't it about film study and learning from it?

Additionally, (because two things can be true at the same time), You're also correct in pointing out his durability and accuracy issues in the long term, along with his adjustment to the opposition adjustments once there's more video on him going forward.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the "IT" factor is that you speak of, but I do think that learning is the issue, it is with all QB's and in particular with Heinicke as outlined by Kurt Warner. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding the point of the Warner video, but isn't it about film study and learning from it?
To me, the ‘IT’ Factor is an undefinable quality that gives fans/players confidence in a player.

An extreme example is never betting against Tom Brady succeeding at something. He just always has ‘it’. Whatever that is.

I guess it is possible that Heiny could be a dud regarding film study, but there are other things that worry me more when it comes to him remaining our QB long term

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the ‘IT’ Factor is an undefinable quality that gives fans/players confidence in a player.

An extreme example is never betting against Tom Brady succeeding at something. He just always has ‘it’. Whatever that is.

I guess it is possible that Heiny could be a dud regarding film study, but there are other things that worry me more when it comes to him remaining our QB long term
Skins fans are too thirsty, can't blame em to an extent. Rypien will always have a placve in my heart for his brilliant 91 season capped off with a SB title and Doug for a record setting SB and a magical quarter of football that I doubt will ever be matched even if football turns into a 7 on 7 drill. But the Skins haven't had consistency at QB since Joey T. They aren't as bad as some teams the Bears for example when Sid Luckman was their last QWB stud. make no mistake though, the Skins have been in a QB wasteland for a very long time.

The thing I took some hope from is even with the quick check downs Heiney doesn't look scared to me. he doesn't have happy feet and doesn't appear to see ghosts. And that pass to RSJ has gotta give Skins fans hope. As he stood in the pocket and went from right to left n back to right again. I think his head game is good enough to where he'll learn to start looking deep to short. Like everyone else though. I do worry about injury. Thus far I think he's played smart where it concerns injury. He hasn't drove for any pylons, at least not yet. All it takes is one though.