• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perk to Cleveland

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His "wanting to be there" isn't exactly translating to to more production on the floor, which is the point and what you assured us all was going to happen.

Face it, you're a completely ridiculous homer. You are entertaining as hell though. It's always fun when someone routinely embarrasses themselves and doesn't have the sense to realize it.

I am just wondering how you do not understand that out of the shooting guard position the Cavs want a floor spacer.

Dion was not- and Dion whined- and he shot 25% from 3

Smith is a floor spacer- he is taking about 2/3's of his shots from 3- he opens up the interior for LeBron and Kyrie- and hes hitting threes at over a 10% higher rate than Dion

I just dont understand why you dont realize how that is valuable. This is where i throw up my arms and just say - agree to disagree

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the other hand- you guys are probably right

Dion is more valuable than Jr----- While the Cavs do have a slasher like Irving- why not have a guy on the floor that does the EXACT same things except not quite as good? who cares if a 3 pt shooter would space the floor more forLeBron and Kyrie--- when you can have another ISO player like Dion to a team that already has plenty of ISO players you GOTTA MAKE THAT MOVE.....who cares if Dion shot 25% from 3?

watching Dion you cansee how PASSIONATE he is--- he waves his arm for the ball, then goes three on one slashing to the basket and the ball gets stagnate.... Imean- if thats not what David Blatt was preaching- I dont know what is

why trade him for a guy that will not whine and who can shoot 3s in his sleep?

DIon all the way!!!!! in fact- the Cavs offense should just be LeBron ISO, than KYrie ISO followed by a Dion ISO.....with as little spacing as possible

lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to learn how to read.

I have not read where anyone said anything about one being more valuable than the other.

Point is Jr is basically putting up the same numbers as Waiters did for Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to learn how to read.

I have not read where anyone said anything about one being more valuable than the other.

Point is Jr is basically putting up the same numbers as Waiters did for Cleveland.

do you know what true shooting percentage is? it takes into account that 3's are more valuable than 2's.

However you guys want to frame it is fine with me. Shit, i'd think the Cavs are struggling from how you guys criticize.

The fact is- they made a couple great trades, LeBron got healthy- and all of a sudden they are winners of 16 of their last 18 games and playing top 5 defense during that span.

The fact is- the most vulnerable this team will be to losing is this year while they are still coming together and while they have a new coach- who also happens to be an NBA Rookie.

Would it surprise me if one of the ultra-talented western conference teams or the ridiculosly deep Chicago Bulls beat the Cavs this year?- It would not surprise me.

Next year? When Blatt is no longer a rookie and has gone through the league a couple times- when the Cavs will have a full season together instead of being thrown together and while making major moves during the season?

-They have their first rounder this summer- and they have Haywood's contract (which is an asset), they have their middle level exception.

This is the most likely year out of I would think the next 3 where the Cavs arent the favorite.

You bskballer89 now better than anyone how sometimes its just another teams year- The Heat def. had more talent than the Mavs- but the Mavs had been together- had battled- and not only wanted it more but NEEDED it more. The Warriors, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder all look to me to have a lot more continuity and a lot more urgency than the Cavs- even if the Cavs have a little more talent (which is definitely debatable).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is just ridiculous with the ball....honestly as far as handles go I dont think anyone has a better one than Irving inthe league...he just destroyed 2 knicks and then dropped the ball off to Mozgov for a wide open dunk...

in previous years- and even early in the season- he almost always looked for his own shot in that situation- now he is looking to drop it off to a big Rondo-style or kick it out to an open 3 point shooter a lot more....its the next step in his evolution.

* See Jamal Crawford

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so transparent it's ridiculous. When the trade happened, you were all over these boards talking about how much better he was than Waiters and how much better a "proven player" he was than Waiters.

Then, when he got off to a solid start, you were all over these boards telling everyone how right you were.

Now, when he has cooled off considerably and is producing no better on the Cavs than Waiters did, you're saying "Well, he has a better attitude and accepts his role." Or "Well, he sucks as a 2nd best player, but he's great as a 5th or 6th best player."

Just stop. JR Smith is having no better impact than Waiters did and he's older. Just like pretty much everyone on here said.

And DJ is right about the Cavs moves. They may not be quite the "panic moves" that DJ called them, but they sure as hell aren't about building for the future. Perhaps you can tell us some more about how trading away younger players like Wiggins and Waiters and draft picks to bring in older, experienced vets like Love, Smith and Perkins isn't about winning right now and how it's unfair to say that the Cavs season is a failure if they don't win a title this year.:rofl:

BOOM.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs bench is terrible?

who in the East can bring a big offthe bench like Thompson and a guard off the bench like Shumpert? Chicago?and thats rpetty much it...

let go of the hate man....let it go!

Thompson and Shump are the only positives off the bench, bro. Keep it real.

Joe Harris? D-League material. Delly? On a good team, he'd see 10mpg, max. He's just not that good. Marion? Done, seen his best days and has been a bust thus far after signing him away from Dallas. Ditto for Milller. Haywood? Trash. Jones? Shooting 34.7% and averaging 3.6ppg.

With the exception of Thompson and Shump, the bench isn't that good. It's the weak link of the squad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson and Shump are the only positives off the bench, bro. Keep it real.

Joe Harris? D-League material. Delly? On a good team, he'd see 10mpg, max. He's just not that good. Marion? Done, seen his best days and has been a bust thus far after signing him away from Dallas. Ditto for Milller. Haywood? Trash. Jones? Shooting 34.7% and averaging 3.6ppg.

With the exception of Thompson and Shump, the bench isn't that good. It's the weak link of the squad.

How many guys do you think come off the bench and play significant minutes in the playoffs? Shit- to have Thompson- who has played great this year, and Shumpert is a luxury few teams have in the entire league- to bring 2 guys like that off the bench - one a big man, one a perimeter guy- is a very nice advantage.

the rest of the bench- is nothing special Miller, Delly, Marion, Perkins, Harris etc.- but how good do you expect the 8th, 9th, 10th guys to be on a team? Ill take Miller and Marion and Delly and Perkins as my 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th guys and feel fine about it.

for anyone to say that Smith has not been better than Waiters and had a much bigger impact means they just dont watch the games.

16 wins in the last 18- a defense that is playing top 5 in the league, the team is coming together....right now is there a team in the league playing better ball than the Cavs?

you should get on the bandwagon DJ...let go of the hate...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins is garbage... but dude has the best luck of any player I have ever seen. First he gets on Boston during the Big 3 years and gets a title. The he goes to OKC and gets to be on an elite team competing for titles. Now he finds himself in Cleveland on an elite level team. Seriously... if the Pelicans somehow claim the #1 seed next season him and Norris Cole need to start their own team..they'd be great by default.

Lyric

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they went and got Perk to be LeBron James body guard. Do you remember the bulls started that? when Jordan was getting bullied around, so they got Jordan a body guard lol.

Just a random thought I had!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they went and got Perk to be LeBron James body guard. Do you remember the bulls started that? when Jordan was getting bullied around, so they got Jordan a body guard lol.

Wow...you are right.

Perk is Lebron's Goon.

In that regard, not a bad pickup.

Take it from a gal who roots for a Team where the pg is the toughest guy on the roster :tsk:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noah was talking trash to James in a Bulls/Cavs game a couple weeks back. Maybe James got scared.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you know what true shooting percentage is? it takes into account that 3's are more valuable than 2's.

However you guys want to frame it is fine with me. Shit, i'd think the Cavs are struggling from how you guys criticize.

The fact is- they made a couple great trades, LeBron got healthy- and all of a sudden they are winners of 16 of their last 18 games and playing top 5 defense during that span.

The fact is- the most vulnerable this team will be to losing is this year while they are still coming together and while they have a new coach- who also happens to be an NBA Rookie.

Would it surprise me if one of the ultra-talented western conference teams or the ridiculosly deep Chicago Bulls beat the Cavs this year?- It would not surprise me.

Next year? When Blatt is no longer a rookie and has gone through the league a couple times- when the Cavs will have a full season together instead of being thrown together and while making major moves during the season?

-They have their first rounder this summer- and they have Haywood's contract (which is an asset), they have their middle level exception.

This is the most likely year out of I would think the next 3 where the Cavs arent the favorite.

You bskballer89 now better than anyone how sometimes its just another teams year- The Heat def. had more talent than the Mavs- but the Mavs had been together- had battled- and not only wanted it more but NEEDED it more. The Warriors, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder all look to me to have a lot more continuity and a lot more urgency than the Cavs- even if the Cavs have a little more talent (which is definitely debatable).

"Next year".
Cleveland fans auto reflex for every team.

Your Cavs need to and should be expected to win THIS year because of all the moves they made.
The Heat in year 1 of our Big 3 had no bench at all, had 'to come together', and as you can tell by now the coach doesn't really matter. You have the same coach who was 1-9 or whatever without James and 16-2 since he's returned.
Heat fans and perception around the league was win or bust. Thats just how it is.

And yes, the West does have some tough teams, but that means they will have to play that much longer and harder to reach the Finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Wiggy needs to understand is that as long as James is on the Cavs, it will be championship or bust ever year. It's been like this for every team James been on since the 2009 season

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Wiggy needs to understand is that as long as James is on the Cavs, it will be championship or bust ever year. It's been like this for every team James been on since the 2009 season

Plus, he keeps going back to the Spurs.
While POTENTIALLY they will be a tough out, they haven't been very good this season.
They were on a mission last season because of what happened the previous season.
The top of the West in reality isn't that much tougher then the top of the East.
Every team has weaknesses/flaws.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so unplugged from sports this weekend I didn't even know about this move... lol.

I even watched the Knicks-Cavs game last night on DVR (with the volume turned mostly down) ... and somehow still didn't find about it.

Nothing to be super excited or upset about. Either way, I don't see it making a huge difference either way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so unplugged from sports this weekend I didn't even know about this move... lol.

I even watched the Knicks-Cavs game last night on DVR (with the volume turned mostly down) ... and somehow still didn't find about it.

Nothing to be super excited or upset about. Either way, I don't see it making a huge difference either way.

I agree. It isn't a move that you think seal a title for them or anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Next year".
Cleveland fans auto reflex for every team.

Your Cavs need to and should be expected to win THIS year because of all the moves they made.
The Heat in year 1 of our Big 3 had no bench at all, had 'to come together', and as you can tell by now the coach doesn't really matter. You have the same coach who was 1-9 or whatever without James and 16-2 since he's returned.
Heat fans and perception around the league was win or bust. Thats just how it is.

And yes, the West does have some tough teams, but that means they will have to play that much longer and harder to reach the Finals.

I will agree that this Cavs team is more talented than the Heat teams- since the Cavs actually had assets other than just the Big 3 when it came together.

Not counting what it took to get Love and James (the trading of Zeller and a 1st rounder and Karasev to free up cap space to Boston and Brooklyn to get James- and the trading of Wiggins, Bennett and what was it? one or two first rounders for Love)- - the Cavs still had assets- Waiters, Memphis 1st rounder, a big trade exception, Haywood's contract, previous extra draft picks that left them with guys like Thompson, and of course- Dan isnt el cheapo like Arison......

after the Big three of each of the Miami/Cleveland teams- youd have to agree the Cavs are a lot more talented right?

I mean- the Heat never had a roster like Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov, Smith, backing up the Big 3.......so in that way- so anyway- in year one - i think thats one reason the Cavs have more expectations then the Heat did in year one- but also- Id be remiss if i did not mention what the majority of people here LOVE to harp on- the ole "playoff experience" argument that is a favorite of the Cavs haters.....Love and Kyrie definitely dont have any....

I dont think a lack of playoff experience is nearly as important as people on here have said it is- but i do think having continuity for a while definitely helps a team- and when you are talking about teams that have near equal talent- Id think the team that wins the majority of the time is the one thats been together

just out of curiousity- does anyone have an example of a team with a coach that has never coached in the NBA- or even a rookie NBA head coach, and a team that had over 50% turnover winning a title? or making it to the Finals? or even making it to the conference finals?

id be interested to know.....

but shit- based on how much a ton of people harped on the lack of playoff experience for Love and irving its a wonder the Cavs will get out of the first round! LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just asking

so if the Cavs make the Finals against the:

Spurs

Grizzlies

Warriors

Thunder

who do you think the Cavs are favored against?

I think the Cavs would be favored against the Thunder...and MAYBE against Memphis- but i think Golden State would be favored and I think the Spurs would probably be favored....