• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas @ CLEVELAND

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks and Overshown gave us something we just didn't have last year
yay!!! Linebackers!!! :yes:

On another note. Good to see our DB tackling as well. J.Lewis did himself proud today.
When we tackle we can get off the field!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad they didn’t go for he 71 yarder.
Dude cleared to goalpost by more than 5 yards. WTF was McCarthy thinking not going for it? That's like not going for it from 58 with a normal kicker. Always a chance it gets returned with long FGs. Dumb decision and yes it would have been fun as hell to see him try it! If he could kick a 71 yarder outdoors on grass you know you could go for it in a big spot down the road some day. So much for testing your kicker early in the year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this somewhere earlier. Going into tOnights game - teams averaged 185 yards passing week 1. Thought that was odd with all these high flying offenses. Not suRe if it was QB rust, QB youth , or QBs running more.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this somewhere earlier. Going into tOnights game - teams averaged 185 yards passing week 1. Thought that was odd with all these high flying offenses. Not suRe if it was QB rust, QB youth , or QBs running more.
slow starts all over the league with those huge passing yards.
It seems hard to mimic #1's playing #1's

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude cleared to goalpost by more than 5 yards. WTF was McCarthy thinking not going for it? That's like not going for it from 58 with a normal kicker. Always a chance it gets returned with long FGs. Dumb decision and yes it would have been fun as hell to see him try it! If he could kick a 71 yarder outdoors on grass you know you could go for it in a big spot down the road some day. So much for testing your kicker early in the year.
I wanted them to see if he could make it and break the record. I got a feeling he is going to break the record at some point.

Props to Turpin as well. Hell of a returner. Then you got Anger who quietly remains one of the more reliable and efficient Punters in the NFL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, Brandon Aubrey is approaching Dan Bailey territory as the best kicker we have ever had. The guy is a difference making weapon. If you can get to mid field at the end of a close game, he is in range. Now, here is the bad news...does anyone here believe Jerry will pay this man when the time comes?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, Brandon Aubrey is approaching Dan Bailey territory as the best kicker we have ever had. The guy is a difference making weapon. If you can get to mid field at the end of a close game, he is in range. Now, here is the bad news...does anyone here believe Jerry will pay this man when the time comes?
it's half full this week.

AND...had Mac choose to kick that FG and missed, all today's posts would be about field position and letting Clev. back in the game.

Week one in the books

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AND...had Mac choose to kick that FG and missed, all today's posts would be about field position and letting Clev. back in the game.

Week one in the books
Mac 1000% made the right call. The one Aubrey made from 66 wouldn't have cleared at 71

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Team looked strong and the defense made plays all over. Still don’t like the number of penalties that we had but I can chalk it up to game one. Need to clean that up and not be amongst the leader in penalties this year. Hope that is a point of emphasis. Dak did what he needed to do on the road against a good team with the game in hand.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Week one in the books
Field position for what, being closer to the locker room for half time?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field position for what, being closer to the locker room for half time?
i fully understand your point of view. Kicking that football woulda been pure hot dog move, AND coulda lead to points the other way...maybe a hold and another score. Then a landslide of hot takes on fat boy. No thank you, if I'm fat boy making that decision in that situation. So glad he didn't...that woulda been a coach jerry move.
IMO.

Fat Boy or Dak each week. There will be better opportunities down the road to second guess.

Not this week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fully understand your point of view. Kicking that football woulda been pure hot dog move, AND coulda lead to points the other way...maybe a hold and another score. Then a landslide of hot takes on fat boy. No thank you, if I'm fat boy making that decision in that situation. So glad he didn't...that woulda been a coach jerry move.
IMO.

Fat Boy or Dak each week. There will be better opportunities down the road to second guess.

Not this week.
It's more likely to have an interception returned there on a pass where the defender is running toward the LOS with all of the fast guys behind him running the other way than it is on a missed FG attempt IF it comes up in the field of play which wasn't likely. Regardless there was no reason to not call time out with the play clock running down. I didn't understand exactly what McCarthy and Fassell were arguing about, but even if they correctly thought the play clock should have reset, just call the TO. The half is over and you can't bring them into the 2nd half.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's crazy how good Micah is. You forget how much of the other players great days were related to Micah doing his thing.
Also was great to hear the players all talking about Zimmer after the game.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's crazy how good Micah is. You forget how much of the other players great days were related to Micah doing his thing.
Also was great to hear the players all talking about Zimmer after the game.

Micah was a menace up front. I credit Zimmer a lot for what happened yesterday. The DT rotation was good. They occupied blockers very well.

There have been so many times that the defense has not taken advantage of playing against another teams backup offensive lineman. This game they destroyed the Browns offense.

The rookies played very well. I consider Overshown a rookie. Played like an all pro. Carson held up very well . Kneeland battled and got lots of pressure at 3 tech

I am not saying they have a Superbowl defense just yet. But damn, they played like one yesterday. all these great plays going on and Zimmer looked grouchy. Lol

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were lots of positives yesterday. One concern I have though is the play of Tolbert. He seemed to be on the field lots and not much was happening.? They need more production and if this continues they may need to give players such as Brooks or Flournoy more snaps.