• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perk to Cleveland

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,353.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bec
:dhd:

the Wiz are a better team than the Cavs right DJ?

man that was bad prediction on your part

Because regular season games matter when it comes to playing another team in a best of 7 series???

:pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just there to sit on the bench, right? If not, I can't wait to laugh my ass off as Cleveland derails itself because it starts giving Perkins significant minutes. That guy hasn't been helpful since 2010.

Blatt has a pretty tight rotation on most nights unless the game is ablow out.

With Mozgov/Love/Thompson in the froncourt- and Marion able to play some 4 on limited occasions- unless there are injuries- i dont see Perkins playing much.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bec

Because regular season games matter when it comes to playing another team in a best of 7 series???

:pound:

if you watched last nights game and seriously thought the Wizards could win 4 out of 7 games vs. the Cavs than i am at a lose for words.

Who on that team guards LeBron? Who guards Love?

Kyrie is going to have major problems on Wall- but Wall cant cover Kyrie either. The Wizards match up horribly against the Cavs.

1. Wall
2. Beal
3. Gortat
4. Pierce
5. Nene
6. Webster
7. Humphries
8. Sessions
9. Porter Jr.
10. Blair
vs.

1. LeBron
2. Love
3. Kyrie
4. Mozgov
5. Shumpert
6. Smith
7. T.Thompson
8. Dellevadova
9. Miller
10. Marion

The Cavs have a lot more talent. The Cavs will have home court. The Wizards are 10-17 against over .500 teams. The Wizards are under .500 in their last 30 games.

No one on the Wizards can even come close to guarding LeBron- Pierce and Porter? Porter is a humongous bust and Pierce is ancient. Think Nene can chase Love around the perimeter?

i would rather play the Wizards instead of the Heat even with Bosh out.

Bradley Beal and Marcin Gortat are their 2nd and 3rd best players- and Beal has really not had a very good season- and Gortat is really not appreciably better than Mozgov.

I really have no clue what your argument would even be that the Wizards could beat the Cavs at this point

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blood clots in your lungs are not considered an injury in my book.

I mean - i said he was hurt- and not injured- but it all means the same thing. he cant play..

the same thing happened to Anderson Varejao last year. He developed a blood clot during his rehab from a pulled hamstring- and ended up missing the rest of the season.

I have read a lot where certain scouts raved how the Dragic/Frye pick and roll was basically unguardable last year for the Suns.

it would have been interesting to see Bosh in the pick and roll with Dragic- since, as we know, Bosh is a ton better than Frye. Especially when you Wade on the court who requires attention- and Whiteside who is a legit center.

if they had a 3 and D type small forward that could stretch the floor- that pick and pop would be insanely good......

That is a very very impressive starting lineup. id still take the Cavs starting lineup, and i mean- the Hawks did have 4 all stars- so it would be hard to over look them- but id say it would be the 3rd best starting lineup in the East.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,353.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, 1 game. You must have forgotten about Nov 21st.

If the Wizards win the last matchup of the season it's a split. But, the Cavs are such a better team than the Wizards? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,353.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will have home court? Currently, the Cavs are a 1/2 game in front of the Wizards for the 4 seed.

If the Wizards win the last matchup of the season it's a split. But, the Cavs are such a better team than the Wizards? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,353.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gortat isn't appreciably better than Mozgov? :L

If you truly believe that, you're sipping the Cavs Kool-Aid a bit much.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Cavs are a LITTLE different since then if you have not noticed.

On Nov. 21st the Cavs team had only been together for less than a month- a team that has only 3 carryovers from last year and a new coach- while the Wizards had almost total continuity.

The holes on the team that Griffin acknowledged existed over the summer have subsequently been filled.

Since that date the Cavs have added Shumpert, Mozgov, Smith- at the expense of Waiters- while the Wiz have added Sessions at the expense of Miller. Id give the SLIGHT edge there to the Cavs.

and like I said....

Wall is the Wizards best player- but he cant cover Kyrie. Kyrie cant cover Wall either- but at BEST their the Wizards have a slight advantage- i would argue the Cavs have the advantage since Wall really cant shoot that well- but its inarguable Wall is a better distributor- but Kyrie doesnt have to be a pure point with LeBron.

What about LeBron? You think Otto Porter Jr. has a prayer against him? You think a 37 year old Paul Pierce can guard him? - thats a massacre waiting to happen.

that brings us to the bigs. Love, Thompson, Mozgov, Perkins vs. Nene, Gortat, Humphries, Seraphin.......The Wiz dont have anyone that can guard Love on the perimeter. Did you see last night gortat and nene trying to chase Love around? it was ridiculous and opened up the Cavs to rotatin the ball and getting wide open shots. Gortat is better than Mozgov- but not a whole better from what i have seen. Thompson is am uch better bench big than anyone the Wizards have.

its not a coinciedence that Smith went off last night just becasue of that....i didnt notice you posting Smith's stats last night- which you have a tendency to do when he has off games- but not surprsingly, never do when he is lights out like last night.

Bradley Beal is the most important guy for the Wiz- because Wall is consistent and we know what we are getting from him. Beal has the talent to be great- or so most people think. - but thus far its clear he is not ready to be the 2nd best player on a team that can make serious noise. He just isnt ready. Maybe in a couple years he will be.

If you have any arguments for the Wizards other than they beat the Cavs the first month of the season, before the Cavs made their significant moves, before LeBron took 2 weeks off to get healthy, and before the team had time to gel...i would love to hear them

to me- the Wizards are finally showing what they are. A solid team- that really struggles against good teams- and does a good job of beating the bad teams. its why the yare 10-17 against teams over .500

any logic or widsom you would like to share with us to support your opinion?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gortat isn't appreciably better than Mozgov? :L

If you truly believe that, you're sipping the Cavs Kool-Aid a bit much.
I do think Cavs are better but Gortat is better then Mozgov and he is better by a good amount. I really think Cavs and Bulls catch Toronto and I think Hawks slip up but hold onto the 1st seed. Cavs have the best chance to catch Hawks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Wizards are under .500 in their last 30 games and they are 7 games below .500 against teams with a winning record, as opposed to the Cavs who have been on FIRE since LeBron took off those 2 weeks to get healthy-

and as we saw last night- LeBron coming off all that rest of the all star break.....the Cavs came into Washington and just massacred the Wizards on their home court.

gortat had 8 and 6 last night against Mozgov who had 8 and 3....

Mozgov since he has joined the Cavs plays 27 minutes a night and is at 10.6 points and 8.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game

Gortat plays 29 minutes a night, and is at 11.5 pts and 8.1 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.

So even though Mozgov plays less minutes he is outrebonding Gortat slightly, and slightly blocks more shots- and scores one point less per game even though Gortat takes about 9 shots a game and Mozgov takes about 7 a game

so....in your book- Gortat is a lot better than Mozgov?

29 minutes 11.5 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.2 blocks 9 shots a game
27 minutes 10.6 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.6 blocks 7 shots a game

Yup - you are DEFINITELY right--- GORTAT is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Mozgov, LOL :L

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,353.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Cavs team beat a Wizards team that was missing their 2nd best player and all the sudden the Wizards can't hang with the Cavs in the playoffs.

:LOL:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wizards are under .500 in their last 30 games and they are 7 games below .500 against teams with a winning record, as opposed to the Cavs who have been on FIRE since LeBron took off those 2 weeks to get healthy-

and as we saw last night- LeBron coming off all that rest of the all star break.....the Cavs came into Washington and just massacred the Wizards on their home court.

gortat had 8 and 6 last night against Mozgov who had 8 and 3....

Mozgov since he has joined the Cavs plays 27 minutes a night and is at 10.6 points and 8.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game

Gortat plays 29 minutes a night, and is at 11.5 pts and 8.1 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.

So even though Mozgov plays less minutes he is outrebonding Gortat slightly, and slightly blocks more shots- and scores one point less per game even though Gortat takes about 9 shots a game and Mozgov takes about 7 a game

so....in your book- Gortat is a lot better than Mozgov?

29 minutes 11.5 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.2 blocks 9 shots a game
27 minutes 10.6 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.6 blocks 7 shots a game

Yup - you are DEFINITELY right--- GORTAT is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Mozgov, LOL :L

Gortat is a much better player.
Mozgov looks good at times because he plays with James.
Look at the centers the Heat have had during the 4 seasons that James was here.

Understand now?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gortat is a much better player.
Mozgov looks good at times because he plays with James.
Look at the centers the Heat have had during the 4 seasons that James was here.

Understand now?

what Heat centers even had averages that approached Mozgov's?

None? right?

right

thanks

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,353.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....I'm out for the night.

Have a fun time watching Wiggy post his manifestos and whack off to his Irving/James/Love Feathead's till Midnight while he's on the Hoop.

On a SATURDAY NIGHT.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....I'm out for the night.

Have a fun time watching Wiggy post his manifestos and whack off to his Irving/James/Love Feathead's till Midnight while he's on the Hoop.

On a SATURDAY NIGHT.

says the guy with 10 thousand posts in 7 months who drives a bus for a living and is single well into his 40's.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what Heat centers even had averages that approached Mozgov's?

None? right?

right

thanks

Who gives a shit what he averages?
The Heat played a totally different offense and scoring came from different places.
Bottom line was 4 straight Finals with 2 Championships with very little need for center play.
Gortat has been productive throughout his career on bad teams.
If he played with LeBron he'd prob be an all star.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit what he averages?
The Heat played a totally different offense and scoring came from different places.
Bottom line was 4 straight Finals with 2 Championships with very little need for center play.
Gortat has been productive throughout his career on bad teams.
If he played with LeBron he'd prob be an all star.

of course LeBron helps- but Gortat actually has plays run for him- he is seriously the Wizards 3rd best player--- like i said- i think Gortat is the better player- read that in my first post- but i dont see where he is head and shoulders above Mozgov- as they are basically stastically identical....plus mozgov makes 10 million dollars over this year and next year while Gorat makes 22 million over the same span.

The Heat never had any center nearly as good as Mozgov- Pitman, Oden, Anthony, Anderson....am i missinganyone?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson is the only onethat comes close- and i think Anderson is a very nice role player

I think that finding Anderson as a street free agent at the time was one of the very best moves Riley made....Anderson turned into a big time contributor- having said that- hes well into his 30 and couldnt be a guy that could be depended on for 25-30 minutes a night game in game out. Talent wise he might not have been much worse than Mozgov-but where he was in hiscareer limited his playing time....

woudl you say thats a fair charecterization?

also- you have to remember with Mozgov that Blatt deserves some credit here. Blatt coached him internationally and really wanted the guy. Of course LeBron is a big factor- but Blatt liked Mozgovs talent, knew how to use him and really has gotten a lot out of the guy.