• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perk to Cleveland

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who gives a shit what he averages?

i certainly do- For a guy that never has a play run for him to be at 10 points a game- and shooting 59% is pretty darn awesome- not too mention over 8 rebounds in less than 30 minutes of playing time.

that was Exactly what the Cavs needed. If you could have gone into like an NBA 2k game and created the typeof guy the Cavs neede- you would ahve come up with Mozgov- and he has done nothing except out play everyones expectations

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course LeBron helps- but Gortat actually has plays run for him- he is seriously the Wizards 3rd best player--- like i said- i think Gortat is the better player- read that in my first post- but i dont see where he is head and shoulders above Mozgov- as they are basically stastically identical....plus mozgov makes 10 million dollars over this year and next year while Gorat makes 22 million over the same span.

The Heat never had any center nearly as good as Mozgov- Pitman, Oden, Anthony, Anderson....am i missinganyone?

So the Cavs have James, Kyrie who you have have elevated to an elite player, Love, the new additions, and now this center who is such a difference maker......but still continue to say that if the Cavs don't win this year the season is not a total failure?

Unreal.

I'm not going to waste my time comparing centers because whoever we had, was good enough to be back to back champs sandwiched in between 2 other Finals.

How about actually accomplish something that matters before you elevate this roster above any roster who has?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs have James, Kyrie who you have have elevated to an elite player, Love, the new additions, and now this center who is such a difference maker......but still continue to say that if the Cavs don't win this year the season is not a total failure?

Unreal.

I'm not going to waste my time comparing centers because whoever we had, was good enough to be back to back champs sandwiched in between 2 other Finals.

How about actually accomplish something that matters before you elevate this roster above any roster who has?

I dont care if they added Greg Monroe at the deadline- if the Cavs make the conference Finals or the Finals and lose I dont think I could call it a failure of a season.

For a team that missed the playoffs last year, to add a coach that is a rookie to the NBA, and bring back only 3 players from last years to charecterize not winning it all as a failure I think is not fair.

Of course if they lose in the 2nd round I would say its a failure-

now if LeBron was 33 and had bad knees, and our second best player was on the wrong side of 30 and we went all out by trading all the first rounders that we could until 2021- id be more willing to call the season a failure if we did not win it all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unreal.

what roster am i elevating them over?

i have said since day one that Chicago is a very good team and that there is a chance the Cavs could definitely lose to them. I respect the Hawks with their 4 all stars- but not nearly as much as Chicago- since they dont have a go-to-guy and its extremely rare for a team that does not have one to win big time in the playoffs....

who have i elevated the Cavs over "any roster who has" had accomplishments?

you cant mean the Heat who had LeBron at the time do you?

and one of the reasons why i think its not a failure if the Cavs dont win it all is because the West has some great teams- that have been together for a long time- the Spurs of course with Parker/Ginobili/Duncan/Leanoard and Pop---- the Thunder with RW, Durant, Ibaka....The Clips with CP, Jordan, Blake and Doc Rivers, the Warriors with Curry, Thompson, Igaudala, Bogut, Barnes, Green all coming back from last year....

for the Cavs to beat those teams in the first year they have been together with basically a whole new team and whole new coach would be history! history i hope they make

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- the Heat in their first year loss to the Mavs-and that Mavs team i dont know if that Mavs team would even make the Western Conference Finals in this years loaded western conference.

think of how good the freaking west is-

Memphis is awesome- those guys have played together forever now- Gasol, Randolph, Conley, Allen, --- and Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, Koufos, Carter are great role players.

The Spurs are just loaded again and are the defending champs with their old big 3- the reigning finals mvp leonard, Popovich, - Danny Green is a darn good young guy

the Warriors are probably the favorites in the West right now- Curry is smack dab in the middle of his prime- Thompson has finally hit his prime- Draymond Green is hitting his prime, Igaudala and Bogut are still good- Barnes has improved--- and the crazy thign is- ALL THOSE GUYS WERE THERE last year too- they all knowhowto play together

The Thunder have shaken things up with some deals- but the core of Ibaka, Durant and RW has played with eachother for years now. Collison is one of the best role players in the entire NBA- i think hes great as far as role players are concerned- Adams is improving in his 2nd year

The Rockets and Mavs have gone through some changes this year- but both are really good

the Mavericks i think ahve a better roster now then they did when they won it all.
Dirk, Chandler, Parsons, Rondo, Ellis- thats some MAJOR talent....and i think they have probably the 2nd best coach in basketball in Carlisle

If the Cavs lose to any of those teams- while the Cavs are in their first year together with a brand new coach and brand new team- as long as the series was competitve i couldnt call this year a failure---

ESPECIALLY because LeBron only just turned 30, Kyrie turns 23 next month, Love is only 26---- they have a good contingent in role players and own their Bird rights or restricted rights in Smith, Thompson, Shumpert---Mozgov is signed, and Varejao will be back next year and will have the other 3 bigs which will allow him to get plenty of rest.... and Blatt will have a full season under his belt---- the Cavs DO own their first rounder this year and have the Haywood contract to use a trade chip and will be able to add a player if they want using the midlevel exception.

This Cavs team will probably be the worst team the franchise fields for the next 3 years after this one in all likelihood....especially if they get a bunch of cap room with the new deal....as long as Love stays- which he should if theyplay well--- who wouldnt want to come to Cleveland for a chance to win it all?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care if they added Greg Monroe at the deadline- if the Cavs make the conference Finals or the Finals and lose I dont think I could call it a failure of a season.

For a team that missed the playoffs last year, to add a coach that is a rookie to the NBA, and bring back only 3 players from last years to charecterize not winning it all as a failure I think is not fair.

now if LeBron was 33 and had bad knees, and our second best player was on the wrong side of 30 and we went all out by trading all the first rounders that we could until 2021- id be more willing to call the season a failure if we did not win it all.

So, when the Cavs were playing bad it was excused because of all the injuries and lack of cohesiveness (which was accurate), but the Heat's season is a failure?

The Heat was never and will never be healthy this entire season.
It is what it is. Shit happens.
Regardless, we started the season in a bad place because of James leaving and our already glaring weakness at PG and C.
It appears those 2 positions were upgraded in a huge kind of way without giving up anything.
Regardless of record or eventual out this season, Im calling it a huge success.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- the Heat in their first year loss to the Mavs-and that Mavs team i dont know if that Mavs team would even make the Western Conference Finals in this years loaded western conference.

think of how good the freaking west is-

Memphis is awesome- those guys have played together forever now- Gasol, Randolph, Conley, Allen, --- and Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, Koufos, Carter are great role players.

The Spurs are just loaded again and are the defending champs with their old big 3- the reigning finals mvp leonard, Popovich, - Danny Green is a darn good young guy

the Warriors are probably the favorites in the West right now- Curry is smack dab in the middle of his prime- Thompson has finally hit his prime- Draymond Green is hitting his prime, Igaudala and Bogut are still good- Barnes has improved--- and the crazy thign is- ALL THOSE GUYS WERE THERE last year too- they all knowhowto play together

The Thunder have shaken things up with some deals- but the core of Ibaka, Durant and RW has played with eachother for years now. Collison is one of the best role players in the entire NBA- i think hes great as far as role players are concerned- Adams is improving in his 2nd year

The Rockets and Mavs have gone through some changes this year- but both are really good

the Mavericks i think ahve a better roster now then they did when they won it all.
Dirk, Chandler, Parsons, Rondo, Ellis- thats some MAJOR talent....and i think they have probably the 2nd best coach in basketball in Carlisle

If the Cavs lose to any of those teams- while the Cavs are in their first year together with a brand new coach and brand new team- as long as the series was competitve i couldnt call this year a failure---

ESPECIALLY because LeBron only just turned 30, Kyrie turns 23 next month, Love is only 26---- they have a good contingent in role players and own their Bird rights or restricted rights in Smith, Thompson, Shumpert---Mozgov is signed, and Varejao will be back next year and will have the other 3 bigs which will allow him to get plenty of rest.... and Blatt will have a full season under his belt---- the Cavs DO own their first rounder this year and have the Haywood contract to use a trade chip and will be able to add a player if they want using the midlevel exception.

This Cavs team will probably be the worst team the franchise fields for the next 3 years after this one in all likelihood....especially if they get a bunch of cap room with the new deal....as long as Love stays- which he should if theyplay well--- who wouldnt want to come to Cleveland for a chance to win it all?

All teams will benefit from the new deal,so that is no advantage for the Cavs.
James is also getting older, not younger..yes, he's still the best..but for how much longer...who knows?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Cavs don't win a title, the season is a failure. Period. End of story.

If Lebron truly intended to be patient and "develop" this team as he claimed when he read that ghostwriter letter, then they would still have the roster that they had at the time he read it.

Every single move that the Cavs have made since the day Lebron read that letter has been about winning now. So you can say "It's not a failure if they make the ECF or finals and lose" all that you want, but you might want to prepare yourself, because it won't play that way in the media or anywhere else.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams will benefit from the new deal,so that is no advantage for the Cavs.
James is also getting older, not younger..yes, he's still the best..but for how much longer...who knows?

And the gap between him and the next next best player has shrunk considerably.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs don't win a title, the season is a failure. Period. End of story.

If Lebron truly intended to be patient and "develop" this team as he claimed when he read that ghostwriter letter, then they would still have the roster that they had at the time he read it.

Every single move that the Cavs have made since the day Lebron read that letter has been about winning now. So you can say "It's not a failure if they make the ECF or finals and lose" all that you want, but you might want to prepare yourself, because it won't play that way in the media or anywhere else.

so your saying that if the Cavs face the San Antonio Spurs in the Finals- the Spurs of Greg Popovich, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Kawhi Leonard, etc. etc and lose.....that the season would be a failure, PERIOD?

as with other things- agree to disagree

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when the Cavs were playing bad it was excused because of all the injuries and lack of cohesiveness (which was accurate), but the Heat's season is a failure?

The Heat was never and will never be healthy this entire season.
It is what it is. Shit happens.
Regardless, we started the season in a bad place because of James leaving and our already glaring weakness at PG and C.
It appears those 2 positions were upgraded in a huge kind of way without giving up anything.
Regardless of record or eventual out this season, Im calling it a huge success.

I never said the Heats season was a failure- The Heat are performing just about how I expected them to perform, the 7th or 8th seed- Wade would miss a fair amount of the season with injury.....i mean, did you expect anything different than that? Did you expect a 5 seed and Wade to be healthy all year? Of course the bosh thing is just pure bad luck- but if anyone thought the Heat were going to be healthy and compete for anything higher than a 6 or 7 seed I have news for them- WASNT GONNA HAPPEN

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your saying that if the Cavs face the San Antonio Spurs in the Finals- the Spurs of Greg Popovich, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Kawhi Leonard, etc. etc and lose.....that the season would be a failure, PERIOD?

as with other things- agree to disagree

I think that I was pretty clear. Had Lebron actually followed what the letter said, then I would agree that the season wouldn't be a failure if they lost in the ECF or finals. It wouldn't even necessarily be a failure if they lost in an earlier round. However, he didn't and every move the Cavs have made is about winning right now......THIS season.

Lebron's/Cav actions changed what defines a successful season for them. Your protestations that that it doesn't are nothing more than you trying to create "insurance" for yourself for your over the top, uber-homeristic posts because you know that your going to catch all kinds of shit if the Cavs fall short.

After all, if/when the Cavs don't win, you can just say "I didn't expect them to anyway." Lebron has once again set himself up to be criticized if his team doesn't win a title. He did it in Miami with his "not 1, not 2, not 3....." and he's done it again with the moves that he has orchestrated since returning to Cleveland.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the Heats season was a failure- The Heat are performing just about how I expected them to perform, the 7th or 8th seed- Wade would miss a fair amount of the season with injury.....i mean, did you expect anything different than that? Did you expect a 5 seed and Wade to be healthy all year? Of course the bosh thing is just pure bad luck- but if anyone thought the Heat were going to be healthy and compete for anything higher than a 6 or 7 seed I have news for them- WASNT GONNA HAPPEN

I thought the opening night Heat roster would be around .500 team.
Now, add Dragic and Whiteside to what we were originally looking at, and I'd say the bar would have been set much higher considering we lost no key pieces to acquire them.
Without Bosh, we will never know though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that I was pretty clear. Had Lebron actually followed what the letter said, then I would agree that the season wouldn't be a failure if they lost in the ECF or finals. It wouldn't even necessarily be a failure if they lost in an earlier round. However, he didn't and every move the Cavs have made is about winning right now......THIS season.

Lebron's/Cav actions changed what defines a successful season for them. Your protestations that that it doesn't are nothing more than you trying to create "insurance" for yourself for your over the top, uber-homeristic posts because you know that your going to catch all kinds of shit if the Cavs fall short.

After all, if/when the Cavs don't win, you can just say "I didn't expect them to anyway." Lebron has once again set himself up to be criticized if his team doesn't win a title. He did it in Miami with his "not 1, not 2, not 3....." and he's done it again with the moves that he has orchestrated since returning to Cleveland.

Exactly. He's trying to cover all bases.
Truth be told, if you put him on a lie detector machine, he would predict nobody to beat the Cavs in a best of 7.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. He's trying to cover all bases.
Truth be told, if you put him on a lie detector machine, he would predict nobody to beat the Cavs in a best of 7.

Exactly. One thing that I will give most Heat fans credit for, you guys knew going in, that even in that first season, that team was put together for one reason and one reason only, to win championships starting that very season. For the most part, Heat fans embraced that. When it didn't happen, most of you took the lumps that you knew were coming.

I will be surprised if Wiggy handles it nearly as well as most Heat fans did.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Perkins move won't mean much unless they make the finals and play a team like Memphis.

I don't see how he really helps much against any east team....In addition to this unlike when they have Mozgov or Tristan at C, with Perk out there it will basically be 4 on 5 when they're playing offense

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is just ridiculous with the ball....honestly as far as handles go I dont think anyone has a better one than Irving inthe league...he just destroyed 2 knicks and then dropped the ball off to Mozgov for a wide open dunk...

in previous years- and even early in the season- he almost always looked for his own shot in that situation- now he is looking to drop it off to a big Rondo-style or kick it out to an open 3 point shooter a lot more....its the next step in his evolution.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Perkins move won't mean much unless they make the finals and play a team like Memphis.

I don't see how he really helps much against any east team....In addition to this unlike when they have Mozgov or Tristan at C, with Perk out there it will basically be 4 on 5 when they're playing offense

i agree with you for the most part- except- if the Cavs have an injury--- and the Wiz have a bunch of bigs who arent that mobile- but they have a ton of them- Nene, Gortat, Gooden, Humphries, Seraphin, etc---

The Bulls have a ton of bigs too- but those guys are more talented and it would be harder for Perk to keep up....

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,528.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerism knows no bounds. Irving has 2 assists today and he's under 6apg on the season.

No way anybody should compare him to Rondo when it comes to that aspect of the game.

:L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerism knows no bounds. Irving has 2 assists today and he's under 6apg on the season.

No way anybody should compare him to Rondo when it comes to that aspect of the game.

:L

where are my JR Smith stats today?

Oh yah- i forgot- on days like today you dont post them- you just cherry pick the days hes off.....LOL

cmon- EMBRACE the Cavs DJ....you can do it.....since LeBron has been back and all the trades went through- it said ont he broadcast they have the 4th best defense in the league.....

EMBRACE THEM DJ!!! LOL