• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perk to Cleveland

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @Wiggy telling ANYONE they need to relax a little bit.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually said that James would never play for Gilbert again.
And, in reality, he isn't and never will play for Gilbert.
He was in essence, given free reign to control the teams decision making in every aspect.
He is playing for himself. Gilbert just gets some financial reward which is funny, because he's a billionaire caving into a millionaire.

And before you go into some long winded rebuttal, remember, he allowed T.T. to reject 52M/4.

Nothing more need be said.

lmao you weren't the only one. i thought there was no way in hell he'd ever play for Dan Gilbert again...much less give him the keys to the franchise so to speak...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a move that backfired.
Rondo has been horrible.

Yeah, it's pretty perplexing.

TF12 kept saying that Rondo doesn't fit in Dallas. Looks like he was correct. I figured he would be a great match because they have shooters and scorers. Not sure where the disconnect comes in.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Mavs suck and when they no longer have a coupon for 50% off Dirk then they will be in even deeper waters. They have to sign Rondo just to stay afloat for the near future.

I think they have bigger fish to fry than Rondo. They are gonna have a serious decision to make if/when Monta opts out this Summer.

They have to pay him. Dirk is still Dirk. But, Monta is now the leading scorer and the engine that drives that offense.

If they are not willing to pay both top dollar, the choice should be simple on which guy to keep.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have bigger fish to fry than Rondo. They are gonna have a serious decision to make if/when Monta opts out this Summer.

They have to pay him. Dirk is still Dirk. But, Monta is now the leading scorer and the engine that drives that offense.

If they are not willing to pay both top dollar, the choice should be simple on which guy to keep.

I'm not 100% on this, but since the Mavs traded for Rondo's bird rights, doesn't that mean they can go over the cap to sign both?

I don't think they can afford to let anyone go, they've had an extremely hard time signing good FA's for years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QU
I'm not 100% on this, but since the Mavs traded for Rondo's bird rights, doesn't that mean they can go over the cap to sign both?

I don't think they can afford to let anyone go, they've had an extremely hard time signing good FA's for years.

Time to test Cuban's deep pockets.

I bet he blinks.

At this point, I wouldn't want to be the guy that gives Rondo a max deal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, you are right.

The Mavs have had problems over the years getting guys to take their money.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's pretty perplexing.

TF12 kept saying that Rondo doesn't fit in Dallas. Looks like he was correct. I figured he would be a great match because they have shooters and scorers. Not sure where the disconnect comes in.

It's their system. Rondo needs the ball in his hands and Carlisle's system, much like the triangle, isn't point guard dependent. Rondo's greatest strength is his ability to break down a defense and find the open guy, Carlisle's system doesn't really accommodate that.

Plus, he and Monta both need the ball and they're only allowed to play with one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's their system. Rondo needs the ball in his hands and Carlisle's system, much like the triangle, isn't point guard dependent. Rondo's greatest strength is his ability to break down a defense and find the open guy, Carlisle's system doesn't really accommodate that.

Plus, he and Monta both need the ball and they're only allowed to play with one.

I think Rondo is a solid player, but dude, how does a guard shoot 30% from the line? How is that even possible? That make Rubio look like Mark Price!!!

Rondo needs the ball in his hands- but the guy CANT have the ball in the last few seconds of a close game- hes a total liability----thats why maybe LAL would be a good situation for him with Kobe there....Rondo only has to pass, and would not need to do anything at the end of games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rondo is a solid player, but dude, how does a guard shoot 30% from the line? How is that even possible? That make Rubio look like Mark Price!!!

Rondo needs the ball in his hands- but the guy CANT have the ball in the last few seconds of a close game- hes a total liability----thats why maybe LAL would be a good situation for him with Kobe there....Rondo only has to pass, and would not need to do anything at the end of games.

No one is looking at Rondo to be a "go to guy" at the end of games. That wasn't his role with the Celtics and shouldn't be his role with anyone else. He is counted on at the end of games to do the same thing he was counted on in Boston at the end of games. Find the open player and play defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude....you need to relax a little bit- however, for the most part, what you are saying has a lot of truth to it...

never in LeBron's career has he gotten close to managment and ownership- whether the first time in Cleveland, in Miami, or now in Cleveland. He has always looked at it as an adversarial relationship in a way. When you court the best player in the world- there is going to be baggage. The inexperienced, mediocre coaches dont get GM duties in their contracts- the great ones with leverage do.

Obviously LeBron has leverage- but to say he has "total control" of the team does not even make sense. Waht do you even mean by total control? you REALLY think he is the GM?- last time in Cleveland he REFUSED to partake in roster decisions when management adamantly tried to get him to do so.

What exactly does LeBron control that someone like Wade or Melo or Durant dont control? LeBron didnt hire the coach- and despite reports about LeBron having doubts about Blatt- and despite Mark Jackson sharing an agent and pretty much openly lobbying for the job- Blatt is secure.

Now if LeBron said- "It is either me or Blatt"- Blatt would go- but that could be said about a number of players in this league.

LeBron left because he thought Arison was getting cheap- and because he thought Wade and Bosh were at an age where it would start getting very hard to compete for a title- and he saw a window to team up with Kyrie and Love- and he knew Gilbert would spend whatever was needed- and he would get a ton of goodwill towards his rep if he wins a title in Cleveland.

What "powers" and "control" does LeBron have that is not afforeded to other stars? his boys on the plane? lol......

if you want to try and rationalize the reasons for LeBron leaving were this imaginary level of control- that in reality is not too much different than half a dozen guys in the league- then you are free to do so- but be sure that the real reasons were he thought Arison was getting cheap, he though Wade and Bosh were getting old, he knows Gilbert will spend whatever, and he could bring his family home and possibly bring cleveland its first title.

please, explain to me this "total control" and some evidence of it being so huge when compared to other guys in the league that get pretty much the same damn thing.

"however, for the most part, what you are saying has a lot of truth to it..."
Of course it does. You seem to struggle with the difference between fact and opinion.

"LeBron left because he thought Arison was getting cheap-"

"but be sure that the real reasons were he thought Arison was getting cheap"

Perfect example. Name any time, situation, or quote any player who ever accused Arison of being cheap.
You can carry on with YOUR OPINION of the Mike Miller nonsense, but like Ive told you before, anyone and everyone involved in the situation knew exactly what was going down and NOBODY cared.

"never in LeBron's career has he gotten close to management and ownership"

Never before now, but he's totally running show starting this year, in as far as every decision that is made is totally based on keeping him happy for fear of him leaving because he demands and is given opt outs after every season that he has signed for so far.
Combine that with the leverage of him using his agent as a bargaining tool used to decide which players stay and go, and what he says they should be paid totally validates my position.

"What exactly does LeBron control that someone like Wade or Melo or Durant dont control? "

Start with what I just wrote. Need more?

"he though Wade and Bosh were getting old"

Maybe he did, but if so, that says alot about him also.
What he thought and 4 straight Finals should at least earn a season to find out IMO.

Wade finally got to come off of a season that didn't end with a surgery.
Yes, he's missed some games, but totally unrelated to anything with his knees.
I believe he's the 11th leading scorer in the league, and he's looking pretty damn good playing along side Dragic. You might be planning is funeral. I'm intrigued by what a starting 5 of Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh and Whiteside can do though.

And Bosh, I know he got sick, but no way on earth anyone could predict that.
As far as Bosh the player. Another all star season. Elite skill set. He's better then Love.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins! finally getting some minutes and playing decently tonight! Its just against Orlando but he looks pretty decent out there- like he is assimilating into the team...it was gonna take some time...he even hit a couple free throws! ha

and Kyrie is on fire again....hit the most 3 pointers in a row in the league this year the announcers just said- Mirotic and Klay each went 9/9....Kyrie had a streak of 11/11 on 3 pointers.....another 30 points tonight on 11/14 shooting thus far....NICE!!!!

Mark Engleson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"however, for the most part, what you are saying has a lot of truth to it..."

"never in LeBron's career has he gotten close to management and ownership"

Never before now, but he's totally running show starting this year, in as far as every decision that is made is totally based on keeping him happy for fear of him leaving because he demands and is given opt outs after every season that he has signed for so far.
Combine that with the leverage of him using his agent as a bargaining tool used to decide which players stay .

LeBron has absolutely bloated the Cavs roster with his buddies who barely play, which left the roster short on need positions and blew almost half their season. The Cavs are 4 players deep at SF. 4 players! They had to give up two 1st round picks to have a single real center on the team. (Okay, so they picked up a second in Perkins off a buyout, but he's so washed up they barely use him.) And of their SFs, the two swingmen gave them no wing defense, which is why they wanted Shumpert. When Marion comes back, there's just no way Miller sees the floor. Meanwhile, Dellavedova is barely a player backing up Kyrie.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so transparent it's ridiculous. When the trade happened, you were all over these boards talking about how much better he was than Waiters and how much better a "proven player" he was than Waiters.

Then, when he got off to a solid start, you were all over these boards telling everyone how right you were.

Now, when he has cooled off considerably and is producing no better on the Cavs than Waiters did, you're saying "Well, he has a better attitude and accepts his role." Or "Well, he sucks as a 2nd best player, but he's great as a 5th or 6th best player."

Just stop. JR Smith is having no better impact than Waiters did and he's older. Just like pretty much everyone on here said.
:rofl:

would you like to rethink that statement?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

where is Javale mcgee playing and making an impact dj?

oh yah... NO ONE SIGNED HIM BECAUSE HE IS TRASH. STILL AVAILABLE!!!! HAHAAHAH

dude, im telling you- just jump on the Cavs bandwagon....let go of the hate...