• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Partrick Kane being investigated for r*pe - Update - No charges to be filed, case closed

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a receding hair line for a while...

Yeah but he can still get girls without having to r*pe them, which from the comments I keep reading is apparently a crucial point in this case :crazy:

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, he is going to training camp...soooo he isn't guilty or is it he is good enough to wait and see?

Either way, this is really bad.

“We recognize that Patrick Kane is dealing with a very serious situation,” he said. “Based on our discussions with his legal representatives who are very close to this matter, we have decided to have Patrick join us for training camp.”

While McDonough’s statement almost certainly referred to the fact that Kane hasn’t been charged with a crime and may not be for some time, if ever, the words came off as if the Blackhawks have information about Kane’s guilt or innocence that others don’t. It inadvertently implies that the Blackhawks are putting their money on Kane’s version of events, rather than the accuser’s.

For a team that has already faced criticism from women for their former use of “The Stripper” during the “Shoot the Puck” event and for the barely-there uniforms worn by the Ice Girls, McDonough’s statement was just more evidence that the Blackhawks are completely tone deaf when it comes to their female fans.

All in all, Thursday’s press conference was an exercise in futility. No one’s going to change their minds about Kane’s guilt or innocence based on anything said Thursday. No new information with regard to Kane was shared, and the Blackhawks can’t even claim brownie points for treating the subject of sexual violence with particular sensitivity.

Instead, all Blackhawks fans got was more of the same: one big, giant distraction from a championship team preparing to defend the Stanley Cup.

Last edited:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, he is going to training camp...soooo he isn't guilty or is it he is good enough to wait and see?

Chicago media is burying the hawks today

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago media is burying the hawks today
They should be burying the NHL. If Voynov wasn't suspended I bet the Kings would have played him until he was. By treating Kane different they are saying" Abuse a woman and punishment happens within hours, unless you are a star."

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“We recognize that Patrick Kane is dealing with a very serious situation,” he said. “Based on our discussions with his legal representatives who are very close to this matter, we have decided to have Patrick join us for training camp.”

While McDonough’s statement almost certainly referred to the fact that Kane hasn’t been charged with a crime and may not be for some time, if ever, the words came off as if the Blackhawks have information about Kane’s guilt or innocence that others don’t. It inadvertently implies that the Blackhawks are putting their money on Kane’s version of events, rather than the accuser’s.

For a team that has already faced criticism from women for their former use of “The Stripper” during the “Shoot the Puck” event and for the barely-there uniforms worn by the Ice Girls, McDonough’s statement was just more evidence that the Blackhawks are completely tone deaf when it comes to their female fans.

All in all, Thursday’s press conference was an exercise in futility. No one’s going to change their minds about Kane’s guilt or innocence based on anything said Thursday. No new information with regard to Kane was shared, and the Blackhawks can’t even claim brownie points for treating the subject of sexual violence with particular sensitivity.

Instead, all Blackhawks fans got was more of the same: one big, giant distraction from a championship team preparing to defend the Stanley Cup.

The whole "they know something we don't" line is complete bullshit. The investigation and those involved won't tell his employer crap, so all their information is coming from Kane or his "party"...so, no they don't know anything we don't. They've simply decided that they trust Kane and his word (which is interesting on a few levels, considering he's 'disappointed' them before with his actions...but he's also a huge investment), and they're hoping that winning cures all.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be burying the NHL. If Voynov wasn't suspended I bet the Kings would have played him until he was. By treating Kane different they are saying" Abuse a woman and punishment happens within hours, unless you are a star."

Both deserve criticism. I assume the NHL is waiting until there are charges to avoid NHLPA involvement, which really just means they have no cajones. The team however, deserves every bit of vitriol for today. That was a complete utter mockery. It was victim blaming, it was pretending it was basically nothing, brushing it under the rug, and quickly moving toward hockey. And then having the audacity to say they're not tone deaf. I can't imagine being a PR director on a day like today. That was so bad, someone should be fired for it. Then again, I think the Ravens have the same one. At least the Hawks didn't bring the victim up to apologize for her role in the crime.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he can still get girls without having to r*pe them, which from the comments I keep reading is apparently a crucial point in this case :crazy:

Not gonna lie, I went on a twitter rant about this today. I'm sick and tired of the default of so many being that the female is lying. Let's just think rationally here...what percentage of these cases are really like that? I imagine that of r*pe cases reported, the number is around like 2%, and then if you include every r*pe (not just those reported) that number plummets below 1%. So, people have really kidded themselves into thinking that every case involving an athlete is just some woman after their money? That's not even how criminal trials work. What woman in their right mind would WANT to go through this? And pay a lawyer? And subject themselves to scorn and public criticism in a very highly publicized case? The answer? Essentially zero. Are there a few crazy women out there who cry wolf because some guy turned them down? Yes. But those are much more rare. It comes down to a bunch of guys with a whacked sense of what sex is. Either person can stop at any point they're not comfortable, and you are obligated to stop too. That's how it works. Just because some guy is hot, or has money, doesn't mean every woman in the world would throw herself at him to be had completely. Just because a woman is wearing something sexy doesn't mean she wants to be taken advantage of. THAT'S WHY HUMANS GET TO USE THEIR VOICES TO COMMUNICATE. We're a step above those other mammals for a reason. The guy is due his day in court, but stating "innocent until proven guilty" and then going on to state that the woman involved was "probably asking for it" or "super drunk" or "who wouldn't want to sleep with a pro athlete?!" isn't okay. Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law, but you turning it around immediately and blaming or assuming it's a gold digger just makes you a victim blaming prick.

/scene.

That's not really directed at any one here in particular...there's just a lot of scummy humans on the internet who take that 'innocent until proven guilty' thing to mean 'no way he did it.'

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if kane settles I don't think I can be a hawks fan anymore

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And American (or Canadian). You know, not some interloper.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it, but all the recaps I see paint the Hawks as looking bad, Kane looking worse and unfortunately very few are holding the league's feet to the fire. The quickness with which they went into the Voynov situation and then backpedaling a bit looked bad

This is shameful. Every single wrong message is being sent.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both deserve criticism. I assume the NHL is waiting until there are charges to avoid NHLPA involvement, which really just means they have no cajones. The team however, deserves every bit of vitriol for today. That was a complete utter mockery. It was victim blaming, it was pretending it was basically nothing, brushing it under the rug, and quickly moving toward hockey. And then having the audacity to say they're not tone deaf. I can't imagine being a PR director on a day like today. That was so bad, someone should be fired for it. Then again, I think the Ravens have the same one. At least the Hawks didn't bring the victim up to apologize for her role in the crime.
I didn't hear the press conference so I don't know what was said. But they suspended Slava two months before charges were pressed. Saying they know more then what we have been told. The police hadn't even filed paperwork yet.

Not saying Slava should have been able to play, just the league needs to look consistent.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok read the transcript
One thing struck me as funny

once all the facts are brought to light, I will be absolved of having done nothing wrong.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I went on a twitter rant about this today. I'm sick and tired of the default of so many being that the female is lying. Let's just think rationally here...what percentage of these cases are really like that? I imagine that of r*pe cases reported, the number is around like 2%, and then if you include every r*pe (not just those reported) that number plummets below 1%. So, people have really kidded themselves into thinking that every case involving an athlete is just some woman after their money? That's not even how criminal trials work. What woman in their right mind would WANT to go through this? And pay a lawyer? And subject themselves to scorn and public criticism in a very highly publicized case? The answer? Essentially zero. Are there a few crazy women out there who cry wolf because some guy turned them down? Yes. But those are much more rare. It comes down to a bunch of guys with a whacked sense of what sex is. Either person can stop at any point they're not comfortable, and you are obligated to stop too. That's how it works. Just because some guy is hot, or has money, doesn't mean every woman in the world would throw herself at him to be had completely. Just because a woman is wearing something sexy doesn't mean she wants to be taken advantage of. THAT'S WHY HUMANS GET TO USE THEIR VOICES TO COMMUNICATE. We're a step above those other mammals for a reason. The guy is due his day in court, but stating "innocent until proven guilty" and then going on to state that the woman involved was "probably asking for it" or "super drunk" or "who wouldn't want to sleep with a pro athlete?!" isn't okay. Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law, but you turning it around immediately and blaming or assuming it's a gold digger just makes you a victim blaming prick.

/scene.

That's not really directed at any one here in particular...there's just a lot of scummy humans on the internet who take that 'innocent until proven guilty' thing to mean 'no way he did it.'

spot on

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok read the transcript
One thing struck me as funny

once all the facts are brought to light, I will be absolved of having done nothing wrong.

I guess Kane misremembered how to read his prepared statement, Dave...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy fuck. He looks like a guy who couldn't if he wanted to.