• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Partrick Kane being investigated for r*pe - Update - No charges to be filed, case closed

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides him saying " I will be absolved once all the facts come out", how about- " I did not do it,and am totally innocent".

IMO- I personally think,he's hoping a high paid lawyer,will save his ass

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides him saying " I will be absolved once all the facts come out", how about- " I did not do it,and am totally innocent".

IMO- I personally think,he's hoping a high paid lawyer,will save his ass

he actually said "absolved of having done nothing wrong." that is a pretty brutal misuse of words for a guy who had 6 wks to memorize a speech

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he actually said "absolved of having done nothing wrong." that is a pretty brutal misuse of words for a guy who had 6 wks to memorize a speech

He probably still has no clue what this means,but his lawyer said it'll sound important.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that's the first time Denise Austin has been mentioned on this board. Steve Austin has been mentioned several times.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that's the first time Denise Austin has been mentioned on this board. Steve Austin has been mentioned several times.
LOL....back in the early 90's before access to instant p**n she was always a good find on ESPN2. :L

With her many "great" positions like: http://i46.tinypic.com/2v9x6dy.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r*pe cases suck on every level...but in a world where lack of "hard evidence" means innocence in the public eye, I feel bad for the victim, because if guilty, the hill just got steep. Reality is, presence of, erhm...specimen, isn't always present. Condoms, pull out, both of those things, may not have been that kind of sex. Mostly I hate the media reporting this stuff already. Just wish they'd wait until the actual case happens, but I know that's too high of expectations.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r*pe cases suck on every level...but in a world where lack of "hard evidence" means innocence in the public eye, I feel bad for the victim, because if guilty, the hill just got steep. Reality is, presence of, erhm...specimen, isn't always present. Condoms, pull out, both of those things, may not have been that kind of sex. Mostly I hate the media reporting this stuff already. Just wish they'd wait until the actual case happens, but I know that's too high of expectations.
Agreed that they're not really helping a whole lot by releasing (maybe not the right word since I don't think it's officially public) the information yet, but it does provide some insight. What I got from the article is essentially that the biggest thing this could do would be to reduce the charge from first degree to something lesser, if they decide based on interviews and other medical evidence (e.g., if there is evidence of trauma) that there is still a criminal case to be prosecuted.

It MAY also indicate that things started off as consensual but turned non-consensual at some point. Clearly that would still be r*pe if that were the case, but the degree of r*pe - in the eyes of the law - would be reduced.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the lawyer for the alleged victim will be speaking today at 1PM.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...se-to-hold-news-conference-wednesday-20150922

Settlement announcement? Trying to put some more details out to help with the court of public opinion? Rambling nonsense like the Kane conference?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the lawyer for the alleged victim will be speaking today at 1PM.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...se-to-hold-news-conference-wednesday-20150922

Settlement announcement? Trying to put some more details out to help with the court of public opinion? Rambling nonsense like the Kane conference?

I imagine it's a counter move, or a move to simply call out the Kane team for their handling of the situation/essentially blaming his client and calling her a liar. Settlement still seems unlikely from everything we've heard.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't necessarily affect the case itself (DNA was going to be there regardless assuming Kane admits consensual sex), but WHAT IN THE FUCK?!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What...the...fuck. So, the attorney doesn't fully understand what's happening, but thinks that it's a Good Samaritan tipping the mother to the fact that the evidence was tampered with. Insane. Absolutely insane. Good lord. If the Hawks don't keep him away from the team until this is absolutely over, they're insane. Or the NHL steps in, because this is as image tarnishing as it comes.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/08/17/patrick-kane-r*pe-investigation-off-duty-policeman-chauffeur-story

OH HI GIANT RED FLAGS AND ALARM BELLS

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone inside the Buffalo/Hamburg PD has some 'xplainin' to do...How does a r*pe kit get delivered to the accuser's mother?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone inside the Buffalo/Hamburg PD has some 'xplainin' to do...How does a r*pe kit get delivered to the accuser's mother?

Only two possibilities: intimidation, or a tip. This pretty much illustrates the inequity of the judicial system when it comes to high powered defendants. And how steep the hill is for victims of r*pe.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no doubt and the lab is supposedly independent ... what the hell are they doing here ?

lawyer: we need to bring in FBI or state police to investigate this breach