• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Partrick Kane being investigated for r*pe - Update - No charges to be filed, case closed

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh fuck you. What a utter joke. I LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING HIM BE CHEERED WITH FEROCITY!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I realize it's his job to under play this...but geez man, we're talking obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence, intimidation...crikey.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't necessarily affect the case itself (DNA was going to be there regardless assuming Kane admits consensual sex), but WHAT IN THE FUCK?!

It completely affects the trial. First of all, there is no chance the trail will be held within a 3 hour plane flight of Buffalo (or Chicago for that matter), which seriously undercuts any juror sympathetic to a local hero. Also, any evidence that possibly clears him is now also useless. And if a local PD can't ensure the integrity of evidence and the anonymity of a victim, then anything they say is pretty much irrelevant.

Prosecutor; "Here's everything that the accused and local PD did to ensure you, the members of the court, would not hear the whole truth about what happened that night."

Done.

My first thought was "I wonder when a photo of the cops smiling and posing with their newly signed Kane merchandise will show up?"

The story you linked is gone, but the headline seems to indicate that the local Po Po might just have acted in a way that shows prejudice in favor of the accused.

I realize it's his job to under play this...but geez man, we're talking obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence, intimidation...crikey.

Hey, dickface. r*pe can happen above the waistline, you know.

The primary evidence in ANY case winding up outside strict evidence control and likely used in an intimidation situation...

I would like to retract my statement before about this attorney being akin to Lionel Hutz. That is an insult to Lionel Hutz.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

The story you linked is gone, but the headline seems to indicate that the local Po Po might just have acted in a way that shows prejudice in favor of the accused.

Its there, you just have to put the A back in r*pe in the link.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, the story is still there, you just need to replace the '*' with 'a' in the URL link.

edit: or do what comeds suggests (lol)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the story is still there, you just need to replace the '*' with 'a' in the URL link.

edit: or do what comeds suggests (lol)

Its like a bad public service announcement from the Fonz in the 70s. There's no Ayyy! in r*pe.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro asked... "Is this Buffalo or Vinci?" :clap:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosecutor; "Here's everything that the accused and local PD did to ensure you, the members of the court, would not hear the whole truth about what happened that night."
Unless the prosecutor has ample evidence of this being the case, and that would be incredibly tough to come by, this sentence would never be entered into a court record.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes.

hope he likes bologna

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh fuck you. What a utter joke. I LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING HIM BE CHEERED WITH FEROCITY!

It completely affects the trial. First of all, there is no chance the trail will be held within a 3 hour plane flight of Buffalo (or Chicago for that matter), which seriously undercuts any juror sympathetic to a local hero. Also, any evidence that possibly clears him is now also useless. And if a local PD can't ensure the integrity of evidence and the anonymity of a victim, then anything they say is pretty much irrelevant.

Done.

My first thought was "I wonder when a photo of the cops smiling and posing with their newly signed Kane merchandise will show up?"

Hey, dickface. r*pe can happen above the waistline, you know.

The primary evidence in ANY case winding up outside strict evidence control and likely used in an intimidation situation...

I would like to retract my statement before about this attorney being akin to Lionel Hutz. That is an insult to Lionel Hutz.

Agreed on all counts. This whole thing is so bush league. How does this even happen in 2015?? Disgraceful.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CPm57ceW8AENHyU.png

So, we have a Hustler mug, a bar of "money soap". Today, I learned that Paul Cambria is most famous for defending pron companies under the 1st amendment.

EDIT: also seen, a book entitled "One Nation Under Sex"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the prosecutor has ample evidence of this being the case, and that would be incredibly tough to come by, this sentence would never be entered into a court record.

"Ample Evidence" lol

"I'm not stating it outright, I am just asking questions. And you should ask yourself, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, how else would you explain ___________?"

"Object!"

*thinks* "Don't care, got it in their heads"

Both sides have a duty to confuse and make the other side look like they are up to no good.

That just got a lot easier for one side today. Which, according to a particular Chicago based fan website proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the accuser has made it all up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the league's actions are concerned, they are at least being consistent. Voynov wasn't suspended until he was charged, so it does make sense that Kane is allowed to remain in training camp with the Hawks.

/I'm sure the league is very uncomfortable with the news that is coming out today, though.