• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Partrick Kane being investigated for r*pe - Update - No charges to be filed, case closed

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else just kinda hoping that the alleged victim has close relatives in organized crime? I'd love for Kane and his lawyer to have their "evidence bags" ripped open and deposited in uncomfortable locations.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work in a medical lab. I used to handle chain of custody drug tests. If this happened at my work, not only would people be fired, my work would have you arrested. Each person has to sign for each item, every time it changes hands. My work also now has each of the transfer point on video. The lab that does the testing is recorded.
The fact that the outermost bag was removed is not good news. It may have been pulled from the trash after it was opened, but that is still very bad in trying to prove that the lab has followed proper protocol. The fact that they are publicly saying the girl had DNA of mixed males, but not Kane is the same as publicly calling her a slut.

I will say I did not run those tests. I got them from the driver and gave them to the lab.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This link has a picture of the kit bag (supposedly). It is not what I expected.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/patrick-kane-r*pe-kit-mother

edit: replace the '*' with 'a'

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work in a medical lab. I used to handle chain of custody drug tests. If this happened at my work, not only would people be fired, my work would have you arrested. Each person has to sign for each item, every time it changes hands. My work also now has each of the transfer point on video. The lab that does the testing is recorded.
The fact that the outermost bag was removed is not good news. It may have been pulled from the trash after it was opened, but that is still very bad in trying to prove that the lab has followed proper protocol. The fact that they are publicly saying the girl had DNA of mixed males, but not Kane is the same as publicly calling her a slut.

I will say I did not run those tests. I got them from the driver and gave them to the lab.

Hell...I worked in geology lab once upon a time and if a labelled bag that a till sample arrived in was missing there would be hell to pay.

This is a debacle.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Evidence storage typically has badge controlled access and cameras on the door too.

My room has all that, and inside is a locked cage. It also doesn't have network connections or trash cans in it. I have to log everything I take out to be trashed. And I work in private industry, not law enforcement.

If this happened where I work, a whole bunch of someones would be in deep doo doo.

Me either. definitely thinking plastic.

About 50/50. Police trace evidence usually has paper for some reason. I don't know if it's something to do with bio evidence specifically. I deal with electronic evidence, so we have anti-stat bags. Never paper.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bizarre and sad. I haven't seen it but did the woman's lawyer really give up the woman and nurses name today by throwing the bag on the table?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the finer evidence labs will give you a choice of paper or plastic. Sometimes they let you use your own reusable bag.

Down south, it's called a sack.

/Also refers to what pix would like to do Kane's family jewels.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What wound up on the doorstep is the bag that the evidence was collected in, which would typically be sealed, signed by who collected it and the transported to the lab (signed by who transported it). The lab signs for it, opens it and proceeds with testing the contents. At which, the bag itself becomes evidence of the chain of custody and that the evidence contained was handled properly between collection and processing.

Two things about the bag; 1) It was ripped open (not typically opened like that, they usually get cut) and 2) there does not appear to be an intake signature from the processing lab. This infers that the bag was opened between collection and processing.

If the lab is in possession of another bag with all the proper signatures, one of them is fake. If the lab has no bag, but all the other "evidence", all of that evidence is essentially worthless because chain of custody can't be proven.

In other words, this SCREAMS to me a suspicion of the off duty cop that was driving Kane around. Hell, the guy pretty much already implicated himself by putting himself at the scene. EDIT: This also screams of a whistle blower to me.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the movie rights been sold yet for this incident?

If not, I think the price just went up astronomically today. It had a mid-summer Sunday night Lifetime quality to it but now it might be blockbuster material.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the movie rights been sold yet for this incident?

If not, I think the price just went up astronomically today. It had a mid-summer Sunday night Lifetime quality to it but now it might be blockbuster material.

Even the people at Lifetime are like "Yeah, this sounds a little outside the realm of possible"

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This link has a picture of the kit bag (supposedly). It is not what I expected.

Talking Points Memo | Breaking News and Analysis | TPM

edit: replace the '*' with 'a'
What do we need to do to the SportsHoopla to not censor the word r*pe. We can say all sorts of more traditional swear words without it replacing any letters, but when we talk about a very serious legal matter, we can't even put in proper links because the system thinks the word r*pe is too offsenive!?!?

To which I say fuck that shit.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we need to do to the SportsHoopla to not censor the word r*pe. We can say all sorts of more traditional swear words without it replacing any letters, but when we talk about a very serious legal matter, we can't even put in proper links because the system thinks the word r*pe is too offsenive!?!?

Yeah, that shit is bananas

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know of a lawyer who might help us with this.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that it had names specific to the case, I believe.
I just heard of this on the radio they didnt say if the names were specific to the case ...but if it is the real evidence bag I wouldn't be surprised if the evidence gets thrown out of the court case , unless he is involved in a pay off he may walk