• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Partrick Kane being investigated for r*pe - Update - No charges to be filed, case closed

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the girl got raped her mother just completely screwed her over. sad

It just got tougher for her, no doubt. But she might not be totally out yet.

It all comes down to the evidence custody. If the bag is proven to be legit, it still shows the police carelessness. The mother possibly being involved hurts, but it doesn't change that the evidence may have been tampered with between collection and processing.

And it 150% guarantees this trial will be nowhere near Western NY.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the girl got raped her mother just completely screwed her over. sad

Yeah, that's what I think. The bag showing up was never a good thing for the accuser, despite what Kane's lawyer was saying. But if her mom had anything to do with it, she really f'd up. Who knows what she was thinking.

Or, maybe she had nothing to do with it, but lied about where it came from, and the lawyer needs to step aside to save his own hide.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just bizarre. u cant even explain what the hell has happened this wk without confusing yourself

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
what the fuck?

I'm going to need a Coles Notes version of all this when it is all done.
or a Lifetime movie of the week.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark CarmanVerified account ‏@thecarm 25m25 minutes ago

Can't believe Kane's accusers attorney just dropped his now former clients first name. Wow.

:L

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 46m46 minutes ago

I'm no legal expert, but this lawyer's a friggin' moron.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 45m45 minutes ago

This lawyer's relentless efforts to make public the name of an alleged r*pe victim is mind-blowing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These cases are already nearly impossible to prosecute, and now we have possibly the accuser's mother possibly screwing things up and the lawyer displaying severe incompetence.

And of course, at these developments, the people shouting about r*pe victims making up their accusations to get money or fame or whatever (an obviously nonsense argument, given the low success rate of these prosecutions coupled to the high amount of suffering it causes the accuser) probably feel they have more fuel to support their claim, which is going to make the public scrutiny and defamation for the accuser even worse than it already was.

Statistically, it's pretty darned likely the case is legitimate. Statistically, it's also pretty darned likely Kane both gets away with it (if he did it) and gets treated like a hero for handling the "adversity." I'm not going to claim he's definitely guilty, because that's not my place nor how the American legal system was designed, but this case is a pretty complete illustration of the problems our legal system has dealing with r*pe cases.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These cases are already nearly impossible to prosecute, and now we have possibly the accuser's mother possibly screwing things up and the lawyer displaying severe incompetence.

And of course, at these developments, the people shouting about r*pe victims making up their accusations to get money or fame or whatever (an obviously nonsense argument, given the low success rate of these prosecutions coupled to the high amount of suffering it causes the accuser) probably feel they have more fuel to support their claim, which is going to make the public scrutiny and defamation for the accuser even worse than it already was.

Statistically, it's pretty darned likely the case is legitimate. Statistically, it's also pretty darned likely Kane both gets away with it (if he did it) and gets treated like a hero for handling the "adversity." I'm not going to claim he's definitely guilty, because that's not my place nor how the American legal system was designed, but this case is a pretty complete illustration of the problems our legal system has dealing with r*pe cases.

well said

C

cubzzzfanincali

The case only seems stranger if you hold on to the idea that the "victim" has integrity. If you don't think she does, then it starts to make lot more sense. That doesn't prove anything, but it does make things sensible. Draw your own conclusions.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the victims lawyer dropped is client.

that aint good.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which do you think would hurt more?

A) Getting raped by your famous friend
B) Getting utterly betrayed by your mother regarding said r*pe

If I'm in that situation, I'd be like...
Capture.JPG

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The case only seems stranger if you hold on to the idea that the "victim" has integrity. If you don't think she does, then it starts to make lot more sense. That doesn't prove anything, but it does make things sensible. Draw your own conclusions.

I approach these things rationally, and there's still yet to be any viable explanation provided as to why someone would intentionally subject themselves to this. There's still that chance that she's a crazy feminazi who wants to bring down king frat bro, but the likelihood of that is significantly less than it simply being sexual assault. I read all this and I am essentially convinced that if it were to happen to me, I'd be a lot more likely to go vigilante justice than to the police.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the girls friend likely to not testify now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What role, exactly, has the victim played in either legal team or law enforcement bungling every step of the way?

I haven't seen nor heard a word from her, so what reason do you have to question her integrity, other than she is accusing the star of your favorite team of a crime?

A piece of evidence winds up out of proper controls and the person who got it lied about how. That's what the attorney is backing out for. If it was intimidation, one must consider that it worked.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost have to consider that the mother was handed this bag, and perhaps doesn't want to divulge the identity of whomever gave it? It's either that or a family member of the victim just screwed her over.