• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Partrick Kane being investigated for r*pe - Update - No charges to be filed, case closed

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup - For instance, if Kane was traded to the Flames, you know a package going back would include Johnny Hockey plus Sam Bennett plus fill in the blank. Um, no thanks.
Let's hope that drunk bastard in the President's office in Calgary feels the same, because that would be insanity.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with you that Kane's trade value is still significant right now, I think you are probably overestimating the return. Remember what Pittsburgh gave up to get Kessel?

And you said yourself:

If Kane gets no jail time and the Hawks want to cut bait, they will fetch a significant bounty for him. If Kane's gotta rot in jail for any significant duration, they could be getting less than what Toronto got for Kessel.
I'm working on the assumption that Kane won't be doing any time.

As for the comparison to the Kessel trade, a lot of GMs buy into the garbage idea that Kessel is less of a player than he actually is. I'll never understand it, but it was very apparent. Kane is a "winner", has "heart" and "mental toughness" because he has 3 rings. Swap places and I'm confident Chicago is building a Kessel statue next to the hot dog stand.

My analogy wasn't perfect anyway as Kane hasn't played much with Toews in years. Was just to point out that Kessel has played with garbage players for years.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second worst? Someone feeling generous this morning?
They did finish last in the standings, but in 2015 the Leafs and Sabres had the same number of points (23) and the same ROW number (7). Could argue that the Leafs were the worst team on planet earth, in any sport, in their 2015 games.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup - For instance, if Kane was traded to the Flames, you know a package going back would include Johnny Hockey plus Sam Bennett plus fill in the blank. Um, no thanks.

I think that the blank that needs to be filled is in front of "Sam Bennett". He's put in 18 years to earn that. Jesus Christ, it's like some of you aren't even hockey fans, forgetting part of a guy's name like that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the blank that needs to be filled is in front of "Sam Bennett". He's put in 18 years to earn that. Jesus Christ, it's like some of you aren't even hockey fans, forgetting part of a guy's name like that.

Well, look to the left, I am a Tier Three Fan :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just put the kibosh on something now - even if this were to wind up in a courtroom, Kane's value hasn't tanked. Kane just scored 23 points in a Stanley Cup run. He's 26 years old. The risk factor may lessen any potential return but the return would still need to be massive, like next 3 first rounders plus roster pieces massive.

His value right now is possibly the lowest it will ever be...my point bein that if Chicago trades him now, they'll be getting less than they could've in June. Tank being relative...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His value right now is possibly the lowest it will ever be...my point bein that if Chicago trades him now, they'll be getting less than they could've in June. Tank being relative...
He's just lucky ICE can't deport him.

That would definitely drag his value down even further :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane will attend Hawks training camp at the University of Notre Dame.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane will attend Hawks training camp at the University of Notre Dame.

Wait...wait...is it seriously at ND? Because OH MY GOSH THE JOKES THAT COULD BE MADE THAT I WON'T BECAUSE THEY'RE TASTELESS ALTHOUGH PAINFULLY TRUE.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll state for the Hoop-record: doesn't bug me that he's going to camp. It's his job, the trial was delayed, no legal reason to do it. PR nightmare certainly possible.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...wait...is it seriously at ND? Because OH MY GOSH THE JOKES THAT COULD BE MADE THAT I WON'T BECAUSE THEY'RE TASTELESS ALTHOUGH PAINFULLY TRUE.

Hey pix, don't you be chirping the bestest university out there with the most untarnished image.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll state for the Hoop-record: doesn't bug me that he's going to camp. It's his job, the trial was delayed, no legal reason to do it. PR nightmare certainly possible.

He has still not been charged. What is being delayed is the grand jury, they are the ones that decide whether or not there is enough evidence to charge him with a crime, and in turn arrest him. IF he was arrested awaiting trial its a different story, but they are waiting for other women to come forward for some reason.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, no need to start settlement discussions until you are actually charged with a crime, right?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're letting Kane speak...what in the world?!