• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it will never happen, but I wish the writers would leave the Darvish narrative alone. Let the FO do what they do.
You are right. That will never happen. Though they will be mild in seeking answers and updates compared to how the same media outlets would be with the team across the street.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamboa has worked primarily as a starter in the minors and didn’t adopt his knuckleball until the 2013 season. He had a breakout campaign with the pitch last year in 2016, working to a stellar 2.68 ERA with 8.5 K/9 against 3.7 BB/9 across 94 innings. He split his time in 2016 more evenly between the rotation and bullpen than in previous seasons (15 relief appearances, 12 starts), though it’s not entirely clear how the Rangers intend to utilize him this year. The Rangers noted in their press release that Gamboa was originally signed by former Orioles scout James Keller, who is now a special assistant to Rangers GM Jon Daniels, so Gamboa comes as somewhat of a known commodity to at least one Texas exec.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nap new number with us is 5. Seems like the option year protects club if guys in minors do not progress

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Napoli press conference Banny all but said that the LF job is wide open. Then he backtracked a bit when he thought about the implications of that so he mentioned that Choo would DH some. He seemed to be implying that Choo would be the DH a lot at first. How that plays out will be very interesting.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nap new number with us is 5. Seems like the option year protects club if guys in minors do not progress
I think the option year will be used unless Nap doesn't perform this year. I don't think it really matters what those guys do in the minors unless they do something unbelievable like hit .360 or put up an OPS well over 1.000.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the option year will be used unless Nap doesn't perform this year. I don't think it really matters what those guys do in the minors unless they do something unbelievable like hit .360 or put up an OPS well over 1.000.

I think you are likely correct. Wonder how Guzman does as well

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamboa has worked primarily as a starter in the minors and didn’t adopt his knuckleball until the 2013 season. He had a breakout campaign with the pitch last year in 2016, working to a stellar 2.68 ERA with 8.5 K/9 against 3.7 BB/9 across 94 innings. He split his time in 2016 more evenly between the rotation and bullpen than in previous seasons (15 relief appearances, 12 starts), though it’s not entirely clear how the Rangers intend to utilize him this year. The Rangers noted in their press release that Gamboa was originally signed by former Orioles scout James Keller, who is now a special assistant to Rangers GM Jon Daniels, so Gamboa comes as somewhat of a known commodity to at least one Texas exec.

Very interesting that we are getting a bit of minor league pitching depth. This guy may be under the radar

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Napoli press conference Banny all but said that the LF job is wide open. Then he backtracked a bit when he thought about the implications of that so he mentioned that Choo would DH some. He seemed to be implying that Choo would be the DH a lot at first. How that plays out will be very interesting.

Wish I heard news conference. Of course I am hoping that Choo is primary DH with others filling in as needed making Mazara the Regular RF where he looks most at home.

Wi hope Choo realizes that given his injury history FT DH is best for the team and his health. Will be interesting how this develops. Of course there is the longshot Josh as DH too

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Choo becomes primary DH, Who is out there in LF?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant feels like it'll be a Rua/Profar platoon.

Well I am hoping ST finds one who takes the job FT. There are more RHPs than lefties so the plattoon nodes better for Profar. Profar has been jerked around a lot so I hope he gets a shot but I'd do like the pop in Ruas bat as well

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Choo becomes primary DH, Who is out there in LF?
Probably Profar, though I still say it makes no sense to not switch him out with Odor in that case. Oh well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to consider is no matter what the lineup is on opening day Choo could very well create another opening by getting hurt and missing a month or so. The only problem is whoever takes his place may have to shake off some rust.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to consider is no matter what the lineup is on opening day Choo could very well create another opening by getting hurt and missing a month or so. The only problem is whoever takes his place may have to shake off some rust.

That is why I hope Choo is mainly the DH. Sure hope some of the guys in the minors make some significant progress

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo sees opportunity at Rangers roster despite Napoli signing

“There’s really no spot for me anymore, so I’m going to have to battle for wherever there is an opening,” Gallo said. “I’m not really worried about anything. I’m just going to go out and get my work in and hopefully at some point I’ll be able to get some at-bats throughout the season up there.”

When asked if he was conceding that he’s going to start the season at Triple A Round Rock, Gallo responded with a quick, “no.” But he believes there is only so much he can learn at Triple A and would rather figure out what’s left on his initial learning curve in the majors.

“It’s valuable to learn up there,” Gallo said. “We’ll see how things go. I don’t think that at all about going to Round Rock. I haven’t heard anything.”

Gallo said that he spent all winter working out at first base, but worked out Thursday at third base. That’s his natural position and his favorite position, and he said that he will have no issues there or in left field.

The slugger had only one hit, a towering home run, in 25 big-league at-bats last season. He went to Venezuela in the off-season to get more at-bats, only to pull his hamstring in his third game.

He has played 155 games at Triple A, connecting for 39 home runs but batting only .224 with 240 strikeouts in 559 at-bats.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really thought that was a good trade when we acquired him. Shows how much I know.