• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see Skip Baseless is back to hating on Rodgers and pumping up his new boy Dak as the MVP.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every drive that wasn't a TO was points? I think not, but you want to assume they were.

Um no there was 4 turnovers and I am saying that on 2 of them there would have been points. If you have the ball inside the 25 on 2 drives the odds of at least fiend goals is significant with one of the best kickers in the league. The odds of a TD with first down inside the 5 with how the Packer O is playing now is also quite good when they have scored TDs on 20 of the last 28 times they have been in the red zone. The Jordy fumble was just outside the red zone so most likely at least 3. So was talking about just 2 turnovers as points not all 4 of them.

The thing is even if there was not a score on the other 2 it would have taken time away from Dallas having the ball longer which would have given the Packers larger time of possession lead that they already had helping keep the ball out of Elliot and Prescotts hands

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes it was one of the Packers worst games of the year as they have not had a game with 4 turnovers other than that one.

Then it must not have had anything to do with Dallas defense.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see Skip Baseless is back to hating on Rodgers and pumping up his new boy Dak as the MVP.

He should bet on him then Ryan is a -675 Fav and rest of field is +425

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um no there was 4 turnovers and I am saying that on 2 of them there would have been points. If you have the ball inside the 25 on 2 drives the odds of at least fiend goals is significant with one of the best kickers in the league. The odds of a TD with first down inside the 5 with how the Packer O is playing now is also quite good when they have scored TDs on 20 of the last 28 times they have been in the red zone. The Jordy fumble was just outside the red zone so most likely at least 3. So was talking about just 2 turnovers as points not all 4 of them.

The thing is even if there was not a score on the other 2 it would have taken time away from Dallas having the ball longer which would have given the Packers larger time of possession lead that they already had helping keep the ball out of Elliot and Prescotts hands
whatever, tell yourself whatever you need.

I'll enjoy the memories of what DID happen, you tell me all about how things COULD have happened.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes it was one of the Packers worst games of the year as they have not had a game with 4 turnovers other than that one.
Let's go for 5 this time...
IMO it's a toss up. If I had to pick I'd go with Dallas at about 60/40. Dallas has IMO by a lot the better team. Green Bay absolutely has the best player. I always hate playing the best players, but I like our chances

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Shields?

No Shields is out for the season. However the #2 and #3 CB's in Randall and Rollins are back. Gunter has shutdown Julio Jones, Hopkins, and OBJ. I assume he will cover Dez. Hyde is a slot corner and he will cover Beasily. Hyde has been a top 10 ranked CB the last 5 weeks according to pro football focus. Randall will cover Williams. Randall said he's feeling the best he has all season and it showed as he received an 88 from pro football focus last week. Ryan received a 94 last week and played the best game I've ever seen from a middle LB with the Pack. He will share the task of stopping the run, spying on Dak and covering Jason.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it must not have had anything to do with Dallas defense.
I think he keeps missing that part. I'll give him credit, he's as stubborn and unwilling to give an inch or any credit as a few NE fans on here...emphasis on "a few" before panties bunched...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Shields is out for the season. However the #2 and #3 CB's in Randall and Rollins are back. Gunter has shutdown Julio Jones, Hopkins, and OBJ. I assume he will cover Dez. Hyde is a slot corner and he will cover Beasily. Hyde has been a top 10 ranked CB the last 5 weeks according to pro football focus. Randall will cover Williams. Randall said he's feeling the best he has all season and it showed as he received an 88 from pro football focus last week. Ryan received a 94 last week and played the best game I've ever seen from a middle LB with the Pack. He will share the task of stopping the run, spying on Dak and covering Jason.
So not top 3, correct?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Shields?

Shields is done.

The last time these teams played the CBs were Randall, Gunter, Brice and Goodson. This weekend it will be Randall, Rollins, and Gunter. Rollins was injured back in week 6 and GUnter was not as experienced. Gunter is in his second year but has improved and playing like a #1 corner and shut down that idiot from the Giants last week. So this will be a better backfield than the last time.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good...
It's a Houston/Dallas thing and it all started back in the Landry & Luv ya Blue days.

Big Astro fan back in the day. Jimmy Wynn, Dennis Menke, Don Wilson, Larry Dierker & Cesar Cedeno. LOVED Jesus Alou....pissed my Dad off when I'd imitate him in the box back in my Little League days. LOL

Seems the Houston folks have a nasty thing for my Rangers now.

also....most long standing Cowboy fans hate all that is Jerry Jones, and as I say often, we wanna win inspite of all that is Jerry

Good luck to your Steelers. Wouldn't mind a Pittsburgh/Dallas SB one bit.
That would be the best possible match up for ratings.

I was at the Steelers/Cowboys game at Heinz Field in November. That was probably the most exciting game I have ever seen in person.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers go to 3-1 vs. the Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not top 3, correct?

Yes the top 3 corner back talent that aren't on IR will be playing. Last time that was not the case as Rollins was not playing but not on IR

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure do hate that all Houston fans reading comprehension sucks. Typical Houston fan Bull Shit. Lol /s

In my post you were quoting I led with a fact (Dez leading league in TDs 2010-2014), but nowhere in my post that you are referring to did I actually say that Romo to Dez was the highest scoring duo from 2010-2015. I said they were the best combo prior to both getting hurt in 2015. Which is an opinion. A completely valid opinion in 2014. Sure, I could have worded it better, but fuck it

Do you remember what one of the debates in the NFL was in 2013 and 2014? Who is the NFL's #1 WR? Megatron or Dez...

Again, I'm only a Houston Astros fan.

Only remember that debate by Cowboy fans.

Fact or opinion, it was proven to be false.

Dez did have a couple of years with excellent TD numbers, but I wouldn't say they were best in the league.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shields is done.

The last time these teams played the CBs were Randall, Gunter, Brice and Goodson. This weekend it will be Randall, Rollins, and Gunter. Rollins was injured back in week 6 and GUnter was not as experienced. Gunter is in his second year but has improved and playing like a #1 corner and shut down that idiot from the Giants last week. So this will be a better backfield than the last time.

Don't forget special teams captain in Hyde. He's the best slot corner on the team IMO and he's clutch.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm only a Houston Astros fan.

Only remember that debate by Cowboy fans.

Fact or opinion, it was proven to be false.

Dez did have a couple of years with excellent TD numbers, but I wouldn't say they were best in the league.
yeah, he kinda was. 2014 he was "best in the league" in receiving TDs. 2012 and 2013 he was 3rd. I'm guessing for the 3 year period that might also make him 1st, but I don't care enough to do the math.