• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can dislike Patricia all you want, but no one can deny his intelligence. Graduate top of his class at Stanford in Nuclear Aerodynamic Engineering. Basically he's a nuclear physicist that makes it work. Typical of people like that, he looks for the end result and doesn't care wht it takes or how long it takes to get it. Not exactly what is the perfect fit in the NFL. Maybe putting that brain to work assembling a team might just be the perfect fit.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the "bend don't break" but I hate losing more.
Watching our miserable linebcker play is much worse.....
I'm not sure Mattie P could've helped that this year between the Covid Opt outs and losses to FA, Bill didn't have quality replacements.

No doubt NE needs to get faster.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As of January 20, 2021​

New England Patriots salary cap room: $59.60 million​

Jags have almost $77M, Colts have near $67M and Jets have $65M

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Mattie P could've helped that this year between the Covid Opt outs and losses to FA, Bill didn't have quality replacements.

No doubt NE needs to get faster.
Faster linebackers won't help if they can't tackle until 10 yards past the line of scrimmage

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmnm this could be interesting. What's everyone's thoughts? Anyone interested in bringing Rudolph in at a decent price?
I say make it happen BB as I don't see Pitts being available at #15. After that Wydermyer out of T A&M could be potentially had in the 2nd or 3rd. Then IMO there is a drop off in talent. What I do like is many of the early projected TEs have 4.4 to 4.7 speed. Maybe NE could be looking at a Gronk (Rudoloh) and one of these young kids as a (Hernandez) type H back without the off field issues of course.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can dislike Patricia all you want, but no one can deny his intelligence. Graduate top of his class at Stanford in Nuclear Aerodynamic Engineering. Basically he's a nuclear physicist that makes it work. Typical of people like that, he looks for the end result and doesn't care wht it takes or how long it takes to get it. Not exactly what is the perfect fit in the NFL. Maybe putting that brain to work assembling a team might just be the perfect fit.
So based on this a brain surgeon would be a great hockey coach?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on this a brain surgeon would be a great hockey coach?
Quote possibly. You think intelligent people can't coach?

I have a 138 IQ and coached kids and young men and women for over 40 years. I coached baseball, basketball and hockey. In 2016 my boys football team won the NH Independent Legaue, the NE Independent League and a hurricane cancelled our chance at the National Championship in Florida. I don't consider myself a genius but I had all of the parts and pieces for that 8th grade team.

Ability and intelligence can be allies or enemies. Patricia's methods may not suit all, but he's proven that it can work on the biggest stage.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a 138 IQ and coached kids and young men and women for over 40 years. I coached baseball, basketball and hockey. In 2016 my boys football team won the NH Independent Legaue, the NE Independent League and a hurricane cancelled our chance at the National Championship in Florida. I don't consider myself a genius but I had all of the parts and pieces for that 8th grade team.

Ability and intelligence can be allies or enemies. Patricia's methods may not suit all, but he's proven that it can work on the biggest stage.
I've seen some "dumb" people explain exactly what they wanted in terms no one could misunderstand.
I've seen some highly intelligent people talk way over everyone and leave a room full of confused people.
When the ability to naturally communicate can be combined with intelligence, good things, great coaching.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmnm this could be interesting. What's everyone's thoughts? Anyone interested in bringing Rudolph in at a decent price?
I say make it happen BB as I don't see Pitts being available at #15. After that Wydermyer out of T A&M could be potentially had in the 2nd or 3rd. Then IMO there is a drop off in talent. What I do like is many of the early projected TEs have 4.4 to 4.7 speed. Maybe NE could be looking at a Gronk (Rudoloh) and one of these young kids as a (Hernandez) type H back without the off field issues of course.

Does he have a very shiny nose?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express and coached kids and young men and women for over 40 years. I coached baseball, basketball and hockey. In 2016 my boys football team won the NH Independent Legaue, the NE Independent League and a hurricane cancelled our chance at the National Championship in Florida. I don't consider myself a genius but I had all of the parts and pieces for that 8th grade team.

FIFY

I think many of us totally agree with you on the part I italicized.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I think a brain surgeon would fail miserably as a hockey coach. Just because one is book smart does not mean he / she can apply technological aspects of another field. Shit Matt P is a prime example of that. Not like he lead the Lions to the promise land more like no mans land.

Come to think of it, he wasn't much of a D coordinator either.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some "dumb" people explain exactly what they wanted in terms no one could misunderstand.
I've seen some highly intelligent people talk way over everyone and leave a room full of confused people.
When the ability to naturally communicate can be combined with intelligence, good things, great coaching.
i worked on a professors house cause he couldnt figure out how to change out a lamp socket but hey he had a high IQ
theres people with smarts and people with common sense but the 2 always dont go hand in hand :suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like everyone in the NFL has started reacting to the availability of Deshaun Watson and Matthew Stafford.

The truth be told, I prefer that the Patriots not even inquire. The cost of the trade and then the cost of the player is too much.

Stick with the draft and maybe get a decent vet for the one year it takes a rookie to get his feet under him. I could live with Dalton or Fitz, preferably Fitz for a year.

Right now it appears that Watson will cost the buyer at least 4 first round picks and the Dolphins and Jets are his teams. It will cost them both two first rounders in 2021 and a first in 2022 and 2023. Way too much for the Patriots. The Dolphins are in perfect position and would go deep into the playoff next year if they get Watson, but Caserio will trade him to the Jets because the Jets will puke up much, much more to get the NY headlines and a headline grabbing QB. I think Nick will also get Darnold and maybe the TE Griffin and knowing how blindly the Jets might trade, especially with Woody back from England, the Texans might get Denzel Mimms.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like everyone in the NFL has started reacting to the availability of Deshaun Watson and Matthew Stafford.

The truth be told, I prefer that the Patriots not even inquire. The cost of the trade and then the cost of the player is too much.

Stick with the draft and maybe get a decent vet for the one year it takes a rookie to get his feet under him. I could live with Dalton or Fitz, preferably Fitz for a year.

Right now it appears that Watson will cost the buyer at least 4 first round picks and the Dolphins and Jets are his teams. It will cost them both two first rounders in 2021 and a first in 2022 and 2023. Way too much for the Patriots. The Dolphins are in perfect position and would go deep into the playoff next year if they get Watson, but Caserio will trade him to the Jets because the Jets will puke up much, much more to get the NY headlines and a headline grabbing QB. I think Nick will also get Darnold and maybe the TE Griffin and knowing how blindly the Jets might trade, especially with Woody back from England, the Texans might get Denzel Mimms.
I agree I don't want the franchise to blow their load on one player. Darnold may be a good option and hell if they can land Jimmy G or Dalton I feel both are better options than Camella

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I love about the NFL off season is the way that team comes out of nowhere and catches everyone totally by surprise.

The Los Angeles rams and Detroit lions are in extremely serious talks. The Rams want to move on from Jared Goff and they're willing to eat a $22.2M dead money hit to get it done. Right now the Rams and Lions will swap quarterbacks, but the Rams don't have a 2021 first round pick to sweeten the deal. So of course, the Lions might be asking for Aaron Donald which would mean that the rams would be looking at getting draft picks and/or players.

Either way, the price has been set and the patriots don't have the trade pieces. Watson is ridiculous so at least we guys in this forum can stop thinking about Stafford or Watson and watch the Jets and Dolphins muddy the water for Watson and see if the 49ers decide to throw their hat into the ring against the Rams.

Odd isn't it? Three years ago Jared Goff was in the Super Bowls against the patriots and was being lauded as the next great young QB, just like Josh Allen has been in 2020. It just goes to show that a good year in the NFL does not extrapolate into a quarterback being the next great ONE.

Back to arguing about who the next Patriots game manager will be.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I love about the NFL off season is the way that team comes out of nowhere and catches everyone totally by surprise.

The Los Angeles rams and Detroit lions are in extremely serious talks. The Rams want to move on from Jared Goff and they're willing to eat a $22.2M dead money hit to get it done. Right now the Rams and Lions will swap quarterbacks, but the Rams don't have a 2021 first round pick to sweeten the deal. So of course, the Lions might be asking for Aaron Donald which would mean that the rams would be looking at getting draft picks and/or players.

Either way, the price has been set and the patriots don't have the trade pieces. Watson is ridiculous so at least we guys in this forum can stop thinking about Stafford or Watson and watch the Jets and Dolphins muddy the water for Watson and see if the 49ers decide to throw their hat into the ring against the Rams.

Odd isn't it? Three years ago Jared Goff was in the Super Bowls against the patriots and was being lauded as the next great young QB, just like Josh Allen has been in 2020. It just goes to show that a good year in the NFL does not extrapolate into a quarterback being the next great ONE.

Back to arguing about who the next Patriots game manager will be.
They gave too much to get Goff.
They paid to much to resign him.
Now they want to pay too much to get rid of him?