• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners-Saints Game Nominated for ESPY

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was voting for some of the other stuff and I love how they put Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the nominees for best international athlete. He's a great player and all, but you know he got put on there for his appeal to the ladies. I guess that's smart.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saints game was awesome, but no way that game was better than game 6 of the world series.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saints game was awesome, but no way that game was better than game 6 of the world series.

Booooooooooooo!!!!!! Just kidding.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners won the ESPY for Best Game! I don't care if Game 6 was better or not, I'm glad we won. Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis accepted the reward. Will post video later if I find it.

Here's this until then:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ESPYS2012

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was easily the best NFL game of the year, was it 4 or 5 lead changes in the final 2 minutes? With lots of big passes and TDs. Nothing else even comes close, considering the stage.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking for the award so I searched Vernon Davis and found this:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was easily the best NFL game of the year, was it 4 or 5 lead changes in the final 2 minutes? With lots of big passes and TDs. Nothing else even comes close, considering the stage.

Agreed. At the very least the most exciting game the 49ers were involved in since the '02 playoffs?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. At the very least the most exciting game the 49ers were involved in since the '02 playoffs?

At least since then. I used to expect us to be able to win any game. The huge time gap in which we had been absent from the playoffs made it that much better.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woo hooo we won an espy!!!!

ds_img_direct.php

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no video but here are these.

VDPW.jpg

VDPWESPYS.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that anyone was waiting for it, but I got it finally. Not the best quality, but obviously not most important of videos, either.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I see this video, I think of how anything different could have changed the result greatly.

1. If we didn't have the 12 men in the huddle penalty, we would have tried to rush on third to get the first. We either get it, run more clock down but then let them have the ball last, or we don't get it and give them the ball back even quicker. We'd go for the FG, not a TD. Saints get the ball back, kick fg, win.
2. If we got the 2-point conversion, we'd have been up 7, tie game when the Saints get it, and we'd be playing for the FG to win. Not as exciting, less intense.
3. If Smith downed the ball at the 1, we could have only run the clock down to 1 minute something. If we then get the FG instead of TD, they have time to get their FG. We get the TD, still risky.
4. If Patrick Willis were one second faster, the Jimmy Graham TD would be incomplete or intercepted. Don't know what an INC would be, except it would have taken more time off the clock.
5. If Jimmy Graham downed it at the one, game over most likely (although we were good on goal-line stands).
6. If Alex threw an interception on the batted ball in the first TD drive (bootleg drive), we'd never hear the end of it. People would have made even more black and white statements about Smith.
7. If Davis didn't hold on, OT, and I think we'd lose our luck there and the Saints would score a TD first possession. We'd get condescending I told you so's, nice try with that QB.
8. Hail Mary/Tennessee Miracle after Harbaugh's timeout, redo, we'd just hear about Brees heroics. Still less annoying than Eli, I guess. Again, we'd get stronger comments on Alex's shortcomings.
9. Smith is no Brees yet but if Harbaugh had been less confident in him, the Catch III would have been a "let's get this closer" run for the FG. OT, again, anything could happen. The throw was "VD gets it or nobody does (not even Saints)," but Harbaugh could have told him to call the run.

There's more, like the fumble on the first Saint's drive, etc., but only end of game what if's seem interesting to me. I could do a similar thing for the NFCC Game, but I personally don't like torture.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I could have gone my entire life without watching that video. I thought for sure McHale had sealed the deal on winning the "Idiot of the Evening" award - then Vernon opened his mouth and snatched victory from defeat, what a clown.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I could have gone my entire life without watching that video. I thought for sure McHale had sealed the deal on winning the "Idiot of the Evening" award - then Vernon opened his mouth and snatched victory from defeat, what a clown.

You don't like my link/video?!!! Just kidding.

Joel McHale, big surprise, is a jerk in real life (at least sometimes). My sister in law's dad is a state senator and was at a function recruiting hollywood stars to his state, came up to McHale and said that he liked his work, to which McHale went on to humiliate him to everyone because by then everyone was watching. I wasn't there, so this is just what was told to me. A little bit of context is required, I suppose; McHale's previous hosting job "The Soup" was basically him berating people, so I guess he was just in character. But as a daughter, my sister-in-law was not amused because her father was not a hollywood star used to being made fun of in public. Her dad was just trying to be nice. But, it wasn't a surprise that he was a jerk.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like my link/video?! Just kidding.

Joel McHale, big surprise, is a jerk in real life. My sister in law's dad is a state senator and was at a function recruiting hollywood stars to his state, came up to McHale and said that he liked his work, to which McHale went on to humiliate him to everyone because by then everyone was watching. I wasn't there, so this is just what was told to me. A little bit of context is required, I suppose; McHale's previous hosting job "The Soup" was basically him berating people, so I guess he was just in character. But as a daughter, my sister-in-law was not amused because her father was not a hollywood star used to being made fun of in public. Her dad was just trying to be nice. But, it wasn't a surprise that he was a jerk.

Haha - Yeah, I did think of putting a disclaimer on my post, then thought better of it. Your story of McHale seems to coincide with my opinion of him as well. I'm not a fan.