• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFCCG - Niners at Rams

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC Championship Game will be the surprising Niners at the Rams.

The Rams open as 3.5pt favorites. At home. With division foes, you never can tell bc they know each other so well. Still, that knowledge has really only paid off for SF who has a 6 game winning streak against the Rams. However, it is very hard to beat a good team 3 times in one season. I remember the Cowboys doing it to the NYG a couple of times, but it isn't done often.

It's nice that the Niners wont' really have to travel and that the game will be late on Sunday, so the Niners get an extra day of rest.

Over their last 2 games, the Rams have looked VERY good in all 3 phases, while the Niners have shown a sputtering offense, a shaky QB, but a surprisingly good defense in taht same span. So which way is this one going to go?

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners 27-24. Don’t care as long as Niners win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Rams open as 3.5pt favorites. At home. With division foes, you never can tell bc they know each other so well. Still, that knowledge has really only paid off for SF who has a 6 game winning streak against the Rams. However, it is very hard to beat a good team 3 times in one season. I remember the Cowboys doing it to the NYG a couple of times, but it isn't done often.

It's nice that the Niners wont' really have to travel and that the game will be late on Sunday, so the Niners get an extra day of rest.

Over their last 2 games, the Rams have looked VERY good in all 3 phases, while the Niners have shown a sputtering offense, a shaky QB, but a surprisingly good defense in taht same span. So which way is this one going to go?
Yep, is hard to beat the same team three times, two in a row in their house. The Rams are simply a good team so "6 in a row" means chit. At this point in the play-offs, the better QBs tend to take over......oh oh! "sputtering offense and shaky QB" is right.

It is the same formula as always, no mistakes of our own meaning turnovers and big penalties. JG needs to play well within OUR scheme, he doesn't need to outduel Stafford on the stat sheet - he can't. No INT's, being accurate, making the right reads, and throwing on time. We have to believe the Rams will "sell out to stop the run", JG needs to take advantage with play action.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for starting this tread NO...

I didn't really want to have to face Brady in a championship game. But it's hard to beat a team three times in one year as well - and the Rams are rolling. I'm guessing the 9er coaches would rather face Stafford than Brady when the SB is on the line.

I doubt the players cared who they face, lol. Not sure they can have that type of mentality and perform the way they have in these playoffs.

We looked so beat up at the end of that GB game, gotta wonder if it's not gonna have an impact next game, even with the extra day of rest. Somehow a victory makes those bumps and bruises feel a bit better by the following week. Not sure about TW though - he looked really rough at the end of that game. I'm kinda worried he won't be there on Sunday.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Doubt Garoppolo, the 49ers and the power of self-belief at your own risk. They are an NFL phenomenon that is beyond explanation, and more often than not, those teams end up with banners being hoisted."
"The 2021 49ers, have turned into an impossible-to-kill zombie operation that just finds ways to win."

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't really want to have to face Brady in a championship game. But it's hard to beat a team three times in one year as well - and the Rams are rolling. I'm guessing the 9er coaches would rather face Stafford than Brady when the SB is on the line.

I doubt the players cared who they face, lol. Not sure they can have that type of mentality and perform the way they have in these playoffs.

We looked so beat up at the end of that GB game, gotta wonder if it's not gonna have an impact next game, even with the extra day of rest. Somehow a victory makes those bumps and bruises feel a bit better by the following week. Not sure about TW though - he looked really rough at the end of that game. I'm kinda worried he won't be there on Sunday.
Rolling? LOL! They must have had 4 turnovers in the second half and blew a 27-3 2nd half lead. Only a botched coverage saved their sorry asses. They will collapse again against the 49ers and the Niners won't blow it like Tampa did. Playing in sunny southern California in front of all their fans is going to feel like a vacation compared to the frigid cold in Green Bay.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, is hard to beat the same team three times, two in a row in their house. The Rams are simply a good team so "6 in a row" means chit. At this point in the play-offs, the better QBs tend to take over......oh oh! "sputtering offense and shaky QB" is right.

It is the same formula as always, no mistakes of our own meaning turnovers and big penalties. JG needs to play well within OUR scheme, he doesn't need to outduel Stafford on the stat sheet - he can't. No INT's, being accurate, making the right reads, and throwing on time. We have to believe the Rams will "sell out to stop the run", JG needs to take advantage with play action.
They've beaten the Rams three times in a season before and went on to win the Super Bowl I would not be surprised to see them go again. The only team left that they cannot beat is Kansas City.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What in the world has gotten into Armstead? He didn't make a play all season, but now the last 4 games or so he has all of the sudden become a dominant pass rusher. The Rams are talented but they are mentally weak and nearly gagged away a 27-3 second half lead against an ancient looking Brady. I think the 49ers will win this at the end of the game just like the last three games. You don't win games like the last 3, especially the Green Bay game, unless you are a team of destiny

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That week 18 game has comeback to haunt the Rams. Deebo is the Boogieman and he's coming to lay the Rams down one last this season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah i would think mentally the Rams will have more "desparation" as they don't want to be swept? There's a chance the 49ers get TOO confident after recently winning there? Anyway, not looking for excuses because at this point, you just play and hope they make the mistakes.

If we make the mistakes, then we deserve to lose.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've beaten the Rams three times in a season before and went on to win the Super Bowl I would not be surprised to see them go again. The only team left that they cannot beat is Kansas City.
I agree. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we beat the Rams. We just have their number (hopefully we haven't lost it). Sure, the last one was a razor thin margin of victory, but the first game we played them this year, we won 31-10. However, I don't give us much of a shot at beating KC.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we beat the Rams. We just have their number (hopefully we haven't lost it). Sure, the last one was a razor thin margin of victory, but the first game we played them this year, we won 31-10. However, I don't give us much of a shot at beating KC.
After the slow start in the first half they out-scored the Rams 27-7 to win. The Rams also blew a 24 point lead in the second half of the Bucs game. They are vulnerable and Garoppolo's lst minute drive against the Rams was superb. When given the opportunity at the end he almost always comes through, whether the D chokes it away or not.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rhyme or reason for it. Its the same as Seattle always beating the 49ers. You don't know why or how, you just know its going to happen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i would think mentally the Rams will have more "desparation" as they don't want to be swept? There's a chance the 49ers get TOO confident after recently winning there? Anyway, not looking for excuses because at this point, you just play and hope they make the mistakes.

If we make the mistakes, then we deserve to lose.
To confident? with a bottom of the barrel quarterback? C'mon now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After the slow start in the first half they out-scored the Rams 27-7 to win. The Rams also blew a 24 point lead in the second half of the Bucs game. They are vulnerable and Garoppolo's lst minute drive against the Rams was superb. When given the opportunity at the end he almost always comes through, whether the D chokes it away or not.
Why was there even a slow start for the 1st half? Why was it 17-0 until the last play of the half? If it was 17-17 at the half, would we need a last minute OT win?

Are we going to have another slow start on Sunday? IF so, do you really think we can come back from 17-0 down again? Because the Rams would need to turn it over to facilitate a comeback, in this scenario would you be depending on TO's?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
KC looked REALLY good on Sunday, but they looked REALLY good all of the 2019 season.

IF we can get there, i think we can make it a competitive SB. KC would be favored for a VERY good reason - Mahomes vs JG - but overall team vs team it'll be a game.

But even before than I'm not as confident as you guys, that we beat the Rams? I'll say 50/50 we win.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC looked REALLY good on Sunday, but they looked REALLY good all of the 2019 season.

IF we can get there, i think we can make it a competitive SB. KC would be favored for a VERY good reason - Mahomes vs JG - but overall team vs team it'll be a game.

But even before than I'm not as confident as you guys, that we beat the Rams? I'll say 50/50 we win.
I desperately want Cincy to pull off the upset b/c I think we have hte best chance to beat them. They beat KC once already this season.

As for the Rams, I didn't say I was confident. I said winning wouldn't surprise me. Meaning, neither would losing. We gotta hope that the game goes more like week 10 (31-10) rather than week 18.

It's interesting that even in that week 10 runaway, we had less than 180yds passing, but what we DID have was 150yds on the ground, double the Rams' TOP, picked off Stafford twice, and Jimmy efficiently going 15 of 19 with 2 TDs and zero turnovers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was there even a slow start for the 1st half? Why was it 17-0 until the last play of the half? If it was 17-17 at the half, would we need a last minute OT win?

Are we going to have another slow start on Sunday? IF so, do you really think we can come back from 17-0 down again? Because the Rams would need to turn it over to facilitate a comeback, in this scenario would you be depending on TO's?
Are you are asking why our defense started so slowly and got dominated to the tune of 17 to nothing? I don't know why they played so badly. As for the offense, both teams get payed to play and the Rams defense has three hall of famers on it while the 49ers were missing their only Hall of Famer on offense with a busted up elbow.. As for another slow start on Sunday? I hope the defense doesn't do that again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG isn't bottom of the barrel, but neither is he a Tier 1 QB.

JG fits this scheme and is why he's still here.
And that is also the reason the team is 35-15 when he plays