• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFCCG - Niners at Rams

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This expresses my opinion too, well written. I appreciate JG for his winning ways no question, he DOES have leadership traits and other intangibles that DID galvanize the team. We certainly would've been worse off had he not been the starter.

HOWEVER, if we want to seriously compete for the SB, we had to move on. Shanahan and Lynch knew it last year, national writers are now convinced, and the 49er beat writers are admitting it. This team is relatively young - assuming we don't lose TOO many players - and can make another run in the next 2 years. Kittle is nearly the highest paid TE, TW nearly the highest paid LT, Deebo soon to be one of the highest paid WRs, Juice is the highest paid FB. We're SUPPOSED to score more points.

Yes, Lance will have to go thru learning pains but don't see why he can't throw in 8-10 yards, AND THEN SOME.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This expresses my opinion too, well written. I appreciate JG for his winning ways no question, he DOES have leadership traits and other intangibles that DID galvanize the team. We certainly would've been worse off had he not been the starter.

HOWEVER, if we want to seriously compete for the SB, we had to move on. Shanahan and Lynch knew it last year, national writers are now convinced, and the 49er beat writers are admitting it. This team is relatively young - assuming we don't lose TOO many players - and can make another run in the next 2 years. Kittle is nearly the highest paid TE, TW nearly the highest paid LT, Deebo soon to be one of the highest paid WRs, Juice is the highest paid FB. We're SUPPOSED to score more points.

Yes, Lance will have to go thru learning pains but don't see why he can't throw in 8-10 yards, AND THEN SOME.
I remember posting something a while back that showed his game by game stats in 2019. They were pretty impressive I’m not sure when they stopped letting him throw. Somehow they convinced themselves that he was a limited thrower. Maybe he is, I don’t know. We’ll see how he gets used in his next job. But if he is as limited as the 49ers think he is then it shows another failure in talent evaluation by Shanahan and Lynch. They paid a ton of money to a guy who can only throw “8-10 yards” over th middle

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think before you call Garoppolo an "8-10 yard over the middle" passer you have to consider who his wieouts were up hrough 2019
Marquise Goodwin
Richie James
Kendrick Bourne
Dante Pettis
Deebo Samuel

None of those guys are NFL caliber receivers that can get free on the outside. Deebo was not being used as Deebo at that time. I think a lot of how the 49er game morphed into what it currently is is not the talent level of the QB but more a result of the lack of talent at the wider receiver position.
I'll be interested to see if on his new team he goes back to the excellent passing games he had in 2017 and 2019 I hope he does well I'm looking forward to seeing what our new guy will do next year and if Shanahn will put the shackles on him like he did with Garoppolo.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember posting something a while back that showed his game by game stats in 2019. They were pretty impressive I’m not sure when they stopped letting him throw. Somehow they convinced themselves that he was a limited thrower. Maybe he is, I don’t know. We’ll see how he gets used in his next job. But if he is as limited as the 49ers think he is then it shows another failure in talent evaluation by Shanahan and Lynch. They paid a ton of money to a guy who can only throw “8-10 yards” over th middle
I don't think Jimmy has really been 100% since the knee injury and he may never be. I could be wrong, but I don't feel like I'm seeing the same QB that we saw in 2017-2018. I know we went to the Super Bowl in 2019, but it wasn't on the arm of Jimmy.

I had hope he'd continue to get healthy and back to his old self in 2020, but then another injury set him back. This year was very similar to his 2019 season. He had moments of his old self but mostly underperformed.

Wherever he ends up I'll cheer him on because he's a class act and true professional.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jimmy has really been 100% since the knee injury and he may never be. I could be wrong, but I don't feel like I'm seeing the same QB that we saw in 2017-2018. I know we went to the Super Bowl in 2019, but it wasn't on the arm of Jimmy.

I had hope he'd continue to get healthy and back to his old self in 2020, but then another injury set him back. This year was very similar to his 2019 season. He had moments of his old self but mostly underperformed.

Wherever he ends up I'll cheer him on because he's a class act and true professional.
You could be right about the knee but go back and look at his game by game stats for 2019 and I think you will be surprised. He had some big games
His farewell speech to the writers and fans was first class