• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles benched!!!!!! Case Keenum to start @ Ravens this Sunday.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on dumping Cook, we are paying him a crap load of money. Lets just cut him and take our loss. They tried trading him but that didn't work. I'm not a big fan of Britt either. He disappears a lot during games. As far a GRob we should move him to guard for awhile and see how he does. He is a good run blocker but gets suckered a lot!

Sadly right now he might be our best option at LT?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a lot of love for the Raiders and their progress but as I can recall, the Raider haven't been good since the tuck rule kicked them out of the SB.

That was the same year we got cheatbeat by the Pats.

Just saying 10 years isn't unheard of....

On another related note to this 10 year window; I heard a great idea the other day on NFL radio from Pat Kirwan. He said the NFL needs to have a rule that if an NFL owner can not make the playoffs after ten years of ownership, he must sale the team.

I don't know how they make that happen, but we fans should all rally to demand it!

Jamarcus Russell set them back quite a bit. That pick was awful. Like I said, anyone with half a brain can turn a team around within 2-3 years and sometimes sooner.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the off season starts, Chris Long needs to go unless he resigns for a reduced rate. Hasn't done much in the last 2 years, on top of that JL can be shipped out as well since he seems to be out of position missing tackles and all. Im not sold on a practice squad tackle in Battle starting for this club. We have too many shit heads wasting PT when they really should be on the bench (Saffold, Greg Rob, to name a few). Even if the rams draft a QB early it's not like the new signal caller will have any body good to throw too. Stedman "baked" Bailey, Brian Slow (quick), Kenny Brickhands, Jared "I can't catch shit" Cook", and some practice squad scabs as WR's. Should I go on?????

I wouldn't classify Battle as your typical practice squad OT. He's there largely due to being out of shape when selected in the supplemental draft and the Rams intended to "redshirt" him this year. Robinson has struggled some at LT (especially with penalties), but I think he would be a strength if moved inside to guard.

Receivers other than Austin will need to prove themselves for the rest of the season to earn a roster spot next year. Hell, Welker could prove to be a starter next year if he can stay healthy.

As far as CB, don't forget we will have EJ Gaines back next year. If Jenkins proves too expensive, a healthy Gaines should be able to step right in (he appeared poised to potentially overtake Jenkins this year before Janoris' resurgence).

With 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, the Rams should be able to come away with a QB and at least one target early on. OT, C, DL, and LB could also be in the mix.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rams need to look at the schools who pass the most for the LT in my opinion, those are the players who probably show the best promise.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this season is up, the WR's not named austin need to be evaluated. Any player with 700 or less WR yds need to go, probably keep Quick since he's 6'3 and isn't being used properly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this season is up, the WR's not named austin need to be evaluated. Any player with 700 or less WR yds need to go, probably keep Quick since he's 6'3 and isn't being used properly.

Yep. If it was my choice, Britt wouldn't have been re-signed and the Rams would've picked a WR much earlier in the draft this year. Britt looks like a #1, but performs like a #4.

If not for the suspension issues, I like Bailey's game. He's another guy that wasn't getting enough targets. The awful state of the Rams' passing game seems to kill all WR production. Austin is somewhat of an exception, as he's heavily reliant on gadget plays and running the ball.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If it was my choice, Britt wouldn't have been re-signed and the Rams would've picked a WR much earlier in the draft this year. Britt looks like a #1, but performs like a #4.

If not for the suspension issues, I like Bailey's game. He's another guy that wasn't getting enough targets. The awful state of the Rams' passing game seems to kill all WR production. Austin is somewhat of an exception, as he's heavily reliant on gadget plays and running the ball.
I like Britt but I think he is a #2 WR. A solid Wr that doesn't require extra attention from the other team. I think Bailey and Britt are both keepers but as depth.

Quick is practice squad fodder. If the Rams cut him, Im not sure anyone would pick him up. He has been one of the 5 worst WRs in football by any measure.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, we are getting little to nothing out of Britt, Cook, and Quick who either drop passes or disappear during a game. Of course it doesn't help that Foles completely misses these guys when they are WIDE OPEN!

Move GRob back inside to left guard and try Donnal at LT. Let's see how Wichmann does at RG this week. I think we may have some answers in those two. MAYBE.

Battle is not only a practice squad member but we wasted a pick on a guy who weighs 50lbs less than any of our current O-lineman. I don't understand any of the rationale for even considering him as NFL caliber. Another frikin Fisher project at best.

We have the real deal in Havenstein and Barnes. That is obvious since out running game has gone away without Havenstein and Barnes has had some good agmes.

Gurley running right was finding huge holes when Havenstein was in there. I liked Havenstein from the get-go and I stated that his progress would largely depend on staying healthy.

If you want a sleeper in the NFL draft at QB, he's in Happy Valley. C. Hackenberg for Penn State.

Also, I still think Mannion, with the right COACHING can be a decent QB. Operative words here: RIGHT COACHING!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a sleeper in the NFL draft at QB, he's in Happy Valley. C. Hackenberg for Penn State.
The thing with Hackenberg is that he has literally been asleep. The definition of a project QB. He could be good but only on a good team imo.

Jacoby Brissett is another intriguing name but its always hard to tell with QBs

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the question is, when will the FO and coaching staff realize Robinson is a bust at LT and move him to G.

and even if he excels at G, it still has to be considered a bust pick because you don't draft G's at #2 overall.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a state fan but I'm not sold on jacoby Brissett. Too many good games against 1aa schools and he tends to struggle against decent comp. I believe we run a pro style offense but he makes his share of mistakes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the question is, when will the FO and coaching staff realize Robinson is a bust at LT and move him to G.

and even if he excels at G, it still has to be considered a bust pick because you don't draft G's at #2 overall.

Most years, but there were 2 drafted in the top 10 in 2013 (Cooper #7 by Arizona and Warmack #10 by Tenn). Zack Martin was #16 in 2014. The ability to play some tackle would elevate that status as well (but he has struggled thus far).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Britt but I think he is a #2 WR. A solid Wr that doesn't require extra attention from the other team. I think Bailey and Britt are both keepers but as depth.

Quick is practice squad fodder. If the Rams cut him, Im not sure anyone would pick him up. He has been one of the 5 worst WRs in football by any measure.

Britt is too expensive for depth IMO.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read the whole thread and 5 things to add or agree with.

#1 I still like GRob and Havenstein for the Rams future. They will be around when the Rams do finally win.

#2 Austin is the only WR on the team worth anything. As much as I like Bailey he is an idiot.

#3 Fisher has to go. He is a 500 coach without a clue how to get this team to be a winner.

#4 2 more losses and Mannion finishes the season.

#5 Find a coach to light a fire. Owner has to be convinced a winner makes more sense than a loser.

Sorry haven't been on in a while, watching but going through some things. Go Rams

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see how great Case Keenum played? Gawd I hope we extend his contract to a 10 year $100 million deal. LOL!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Keenum has a concussion...Plus, Apparently our team is under NFL investigation for not pulling him late in the 4th quarter when it happened...

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Keenum has a concussion...Plus, Apparently our team is under NFL investigation for not pulling him late in the 4th quarter when it happened...

Interesting. Looks like a certain someone is going to be fined.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's freaking bullshit. The NFL is suppose to have a rep. watching every play of every game for exactly this. There is a lot more that can be seen, especially regarding the QB, than can be seen by the team reps. The NFL has a responsibility regarding concussion protocols and it was obvious to anyone watching.

So if a dude for the NFL is watching every play for this exact thing, how can they have 'an investigation' when they should have been the ones to stop Case from continuing play?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's freaking bullshit. The NFL is suppose to have a rep. watching every play of every game for exactly this. There is a lot more that can be seen, especially regarding the QB, than can be seen by the team reps. The NFL has a responsibility regarding concussion protocols and it was obvious to anyone watching.

So if a dude for the NFL is watching every play for this exact thing, how can they have 'an investigation' when they should have been the ones to stop Case from continuing play?

The NFL dude was probably on a hotdog, beer run and missed the play! :nono: