• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles benched!!!!!! Case Keenum to start @ Ravens this Sunday.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I was ticked we drafted Mannion and not Hundley.

Egggg Zachery!!!!!!!!! Hundley would have been a nice change and a nice fit to this system IF THEY TRULY COMMIT TO POUNDING THE ROCK and chewing up clock. He needs to learn, but he fits the mold. Hell you just tell him he's going to throw it 20 times a game give or take. Pound the rock, play good D, :L That's what Seattle did with Russ W. Sure a few games he had to win them with his feet and his arm, but Carolina is proving what you need to do to win games in this league. I don't even know any of their WRs.

I sound like this Sportsjunkie guy from back in the CBS days 8-9 years ago :tsk:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fake punt last week was like :L

No one saw that coming Jeff.. :thumb:

The fact that he thought that was a good idea, but not going for it on 4th and 1 when the team was around midfield was the final straw for me.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he thought that was a good idea, but not going for it on 4th and 1 when the team was around midfield was the final straw for me.

I watched the first half and left the bar. Listened to it on the radio back at the house... Demarco Farr even called the fake punt. He was like, "Time for a fake"?

Yeah big surprise there.

Too bad the Bears got John Fox. That was a good pick up for them, especially with Cutler being familiar with him. Bears defense has come a long way since last year.

It doesn't take 10 flipping years to turn a team around. :shortbus:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly with the QBs next year, it sounds like Lynch will probably go #1 overall and Goff will probably go #2 overall or possibly it might go the other way around.

Conner Cook is kinda seen as a 2nd tier guy. The kind of QB the Browns usually end up picking up late in rd1.

Rams best bet is probably OT in rd1 and then using their 2nd rounders on passing game weapons.

Current mocks on Walter (picks are different as one was prior to the loss this weekend):

Reg (updated today):
1.13 Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
2.43 Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
2.47 Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska
3.74 Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama

Charlie Campbell (updated Friday):
1.16 Robert Nkemdiche, DE/DT, Ole Miss
2.48 Max Tuerk, C, USC
2.51 Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
3.82 Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma

Accepting who the other teams are projected to take in the regular mock (for first 3 rounds, rest based on round projections), I'd go...
1. Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss (top 3 QBs, top OTs and Myles Jack off the board, Nkemdiche tempting)
2a. Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh (hadn't considered doubling up, but loving the idea, TE Henry off the board)
2b. Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State
3. Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
4. Antonio Morrison, LB, Florida
6. Evan Boehm, C, Missouri

No OT, but hoping that either Robinson takes ownership of LT, or Battle does with Robinson moving inside. Treadwell/Boyd/Austin is enticing. Butt is a classic 2-way TE playing in a pro-style offense for Harbaugh. Hackenberg also plays in a pro-style offense and is a prototype prospect that has been hidden a bit by some sloppy play that can be coached up IMO. Boehm is a beast of a center, and Morrison has been the key to Florida's d (but I think he could go earlier).

Man, can't believe I'm even thinking mock drafts yet, lol...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR from TCU Doctson is pretty sick. The hype of Goff is going to fade.

I will eat my hat if Paxton Lynch goes #1 overall. The guy barely can run under a 5.0 40 so he better be really good in the pocket and have a high football IQ

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current mocks on Walter (picks are different as one was prior to the loss this weekend):

Reg (updated today):
1.13 Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
2.43 Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
2.47 Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska
3.74 Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama

Charlie Campbell (updated Friday):
1.16 Robert Nkemdiche, DE/DT, Ole Miss
2.48 Max Tuerk, C, USC
2.51 Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
3.82 Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma

Accepting who the other teams are projected to take in the regular mock (for first 3 rounds, rest based on round projections), I'd go...
1. Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss (top 3 QBs, top OTs and Myles Jack off the board, Nkemdiche tempting)
2a. Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh (hadn't considered doubling up, but loving the idea, TE Henry off the board)
2b. Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State
3. Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
4. Antonio Morrison, LB, Florida
6. Evan Boehm, C, Missouri

No OT, but hoping that either Robinson takes ownership of LT, or Battle does with Robinson moving inside. Treadwell/Boyd/Austin is enticing. Butt is a classic 2-way TE playing in a pro-style offense for Harbaugh. Hackenberg also plays in a pro-style offense and is a prototype prospect that has been hidden a bit by some sloppy play that can be coached up IMO. Boehm is a beast of a center, and Morrison has been the key to Florida's d (but I think he could go earlier).

Man, can't believe I'm even thinking mock drafts yet, lol...
I saw the Walter one. I kinda think it stinks but mocks are just kinda guessing as to who the Rams won't re-sign.

Chris Long and Jared Cook are probably gone for sure. These mocks saying that Barron or either CB leaving have me worried. Barron himself would depend on whether or not the Rams keep the same defensive scheme next year. If they do, I think he is back and if they don't then he isnt.

The thing Rams fans need to do now is root for Johnny Football. If he plays really well, QBs will slip in the draft a bit. If he just plays fairly well, he might be the next Rams QB. If he stinks like most people think he will then the Rams are really going to have to pull something out of their rear at QB

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR from TCU Doctson is pretty sick. The hype of Goff is going to fade.

I will eat my hat if Paxton Lynch goes #1 overall. The guy barely can run under a 5.0 40 so he better be really good in the pocket and have a high football IQ
Getting a lot of mixed reads on Lynch. My early thought is that he is about Flacco level of a prospect and Im not sure thats #1 overall material

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Walter one. I kinda think it stinks but mocks are just kinda guessing as to who the Rams won't re-sign.

Chris Long and Jared Cook are probably gone for sure. These mocks saying that Barron or either CB leaving have me worried. Barron himself would depend on whether or not the Rams keep the same defensive scheme next year. If they do, I think he is back and if they don't then he isnt.

The thing Rams fans need to do now is root for Johnny Football. If he plays really well, QBs will slip in the draft a bit. If he just plays fairly well, he might be the next Rams QB. If he stinks like most people think he will then the Rams are really going to have to pull something out of their rear at QB

I think we might have a hard time keeping J.Jenkins this offseason. Not that he's going to get a TON of money, but we have so many holes to fill, he might price himself out of our range...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benching Cook would help this offense out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might have a hard time keeping J.Jenkins this offseason. Not that he's going to get a TON of money, but we have so many holes to fill, he might price himself out of our range...
There should be a lot of money on the table for next year.

OL is a mess right now but shouldnt need too many resources. Isaiah Battle might be a factor by next year. Rams look like they are giving him a try and if he can hold down the OT spot then maybe they don't need to go OT early. I think Battle might suck this year, though, because he is being thrown into the fire. Greg Robinson has to be seen as a bust at this point. The Rams got so much from the RG3 trade that they can kick him inside to Guard without it seeming like a total waste but he just isnt LT material whether he is actually holding or not. Saffold seems more like a glue guy you want to plug in any position if someone goes down but isnt a starter at this point and isnt ridiculously reliable.

DL might need some attention with Quinn being the only real commodity thats signed on long term. In today's NFL, you can probably get by with Quinn, Donald and some dudes on a DL but they can certainly bring some more of that talent back. If the Rams don't get Jenkins then they need to sign someone else who is a #1 CB. EJ Gaines is hard to gauge due to the injury and Joyner hasnt worked out so far.

All of this will change in a few weeks, though. QB is the important position. Everything else will be harder to predict.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a lot of money on the table for next year.

OL is a mess right now but shouldnt need too many resources. Isaiah Battle might be a factor by next year. Rams look like they are giving him a try and if he can hold down the OT spot then maybe they don't need to go OT early. I think Battle might suck this year, though, because he is being thrown into the fire. Greg Robinson has to be seen as a bust at this point. The Rams got so much from the RG3 trade that they can kick him inside to Guard without it seeming like a total waste but he just isnt LT material whether he is actually holding or not. Saffold seems more like a glue guy you want to plug in any position if someone goes down but isnt a starter at this point and isnt ridiculously reliable.

DL might need some attention with Quinn being the only real commodity thats signed on long term. In today's NFL, you can probably get by with Quinn, Donald and some dudes on a DL but they can certainly bring some more of that talent back. If the Rams don't get Jenkins then they need to sign someone else who is a #1 CB. EJ Gaines is hard to gauge due to the injury and Joyner hasnt worked out so far.

All of this will change in a few weeks, though. QB is the important position. Everything else will be harder to predict.

Is that right? Do we have a bunch of cap room opening up? Nice to hear!!! Didn't know that, let's just hope we use it wisely...

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take 10 flipping years to turn a team around. :shortbus:
I've heard a lot of love for the Raiders and their progress but as I can recall, the Raider haven't been good since the tuck rule kicked them out of the SB.

That was the same year we got cheatbeat by the Pats.

Just saying 10 years isn't unheard of....

On another related note to this 10 year window; I heard a great idea the other day on NFL radio from Pat Kirwan. He said the NFL needs to have a rule that if an NFL owner can not make the playoffs after ten years of ownership, he must sale the team.

I don't know how they make that happen, but we fans should all rally to demand it!

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Benching Cook would help this offense out.
Well LRF42, there's some cap room for JJ!

Just get cut some dead weight after benching this dude!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well LRF42, there's some cap room for JJ!

Just get cut some dead weight after benching this dude!

Unfortunately it's not always that easy...I'm not sure which contracts we have coming off the books(but if Clayton says we have some room, we have some room),plus what it would cost us to cut certain guys(like Cook)is another consideration.

Last edited:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the off season starts, Chris Long needs to go unless he resigns for a reduced rate. Hasn't done much in the last 2 years, on top of that JL can be shipped out as well since he seems to be out of position missing tackles and all. Im not sold on a practice squad tackle in Battle starting for this club. We have too many shit heads wasting PT when they really should be on the bench (Saffold, Greg Rob, to name a few). Even if the rams draft a QB early it's not like the new signal caller will have any body good to throw too. Stedman "baked" Bailey, Brian Slow (quick), Kenny Brickhands, Jared "I can't catch shit" Cook", and some practice squad scabs as WR's. Should I go on?????

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a cap follower at all. I just know that this offseason is transitional when it comes to the direction of the team for the next few years.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it's not always that easy...I'm not sure which contracts we have coming off the books(but if Clayton says we have some room, we have some room),plus what it would cost us to cut certain guys(like Cook)is another consideration.
Well it sort of is that easy even though I was just farting around with that comment because Cookie has been under performing, especially in contrast to his salary and hit we're taking on the cap in comparison to other players on the roster.

Clayton is right, the base salary cap goes up to $150M in 2016 (Up from $143.3M this year) The Rams are in the top six in available cap space next year with nearly $38M, of course some of that will be spent on signing some Free Agents, to sign the Rookies coming in and to resign our FA's like Jenkins, but Snisher has done well in this department.

That said, not every deal Snisher has done has been well done and in Jared Cook's case we really got the short end of the stick. If we were to cut Cookie right now we actually have a cap gain of nearly a half a mil. and nearly $9M in dead money, so we are stuck with him this year and all we can do is hope he starts to perform better.

So as I was saying, it sort of is that easy because next year when you think about it, we can cut JC after June 1st and we would save another $7M in cap space and only take on about $1.3M of dead money. That goes a long way in resigning our FA's including JJ.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it sort of is that easy even though I was just farting around with that comment because Cookie has been under performing, especially in contrast to his salary and hit we're taking on the cap in comparison to other players on the roster.

Clayton is right, the base salary cap goes up to $150M in 2016 (Up from $143.3M this year) The Rams are in the top six in available cap space next year with nearly $38M, of course some of that will be spent on signing some Free Agents, to sign the Rookies coming in and to resign our FA's like Jenkins, but Snisher has done well in this department.

That said, not every deal Snisher has done has been well done and in Jared Cook's case we really got the short end of the stick. If we were to cut Cookie right now we actually have a cap gain of nearly a half a mil. and nearly $9M in dead money, so we are stuck with him this year and all we can do is hope he starts to perform better.

So as I was saying, it sort of is that easy because next year when you think about it, we can cut JC after June 1st and we would save another $7M in cap space and only take on about $1.3M of dead money. That goes a long way in resigning our FA's including JJ.

You would think it's that easy, but until proven otherwise, we're still the Rams... :lol:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should we take a chance on RG3? Might be able to get him cheap? Add him plus Johnny Football? Thoughts?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on dumping Cook, we are paying him a crap load of money. Lets just cut him and take our loss. They tried trading him but that didn't work. I'm not a big fan of Britt either. He disappears a lot during games. As far a GRob we should move him to guard for awhile and see how he does. He is a good run blocker but gets suckered a lot!