• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles benched!!!!!! Case Keenum to start @ Ravens this Sunday.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we are ten-to-fifteen years later discussing the same problems on offense we have had since the superbowl. Do you posters realize we are discussing the same things about our offense since the decline of the GSOT? Frikin 15 years and we still haven't fixed our offense. HOW FREAKIN INCOMPETENT IS THAT? WHAT FRANCHISE IN THIS LEAGUE BESIDES DETROIT AND CINCY DOES THAT?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh, Nick! But that's something I never heard come out of Bradfords mouth?

Well Smed maybe that's because Sam never played that crappy? Or got Benched lol. Its always been health issues with Sam not ability.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton > Austin Davis, Case Kneenum, Nick Foles or any QB the Rams have had since Warner for that matter.

Greg Olson > Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks or any TE the Rams have ever had. Only Ernie Conwell comes to mind as a decent Rams' TE and his best season is a reach in comparison.

Yes Cam is better than Davis. My point is look at the Carolina blueprint. It's a mobile QB, good RBs, solid Defense, good TE. Davis is the closest thing we've had to a mobile QB - actually sneaky quick for a white boy. Didn't have the arm really, but we will see what Case Keenum can do. I hope I am wrong.

That Carolina team is dominating with a ball control offense and really good defense.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way you look at it, that is pretty sad that we have never had a "good" TE in our history! In today's NFl a lot of teams have good to great ones, some teams have more than 1 good one? Today's NFl, you NEED a good one!

Maybe try GRob there, he leads the league in holding, maybe that means he could hold onto the ball too!

I will cut him some slack though, some of his holds are pretty non existent! let's call holding if he actually is, not because you "think" he did! I watch a lot of football every week and there are alot of bad calls, I think the Rams are unjustly called for more than the average team though! It's hard enough to overcome actual penalties and poor play, but when you also have to overcome Refs bad calls that's almost impossible to win!

Really good TE's are more rare than really good QBs it seems. Jimmy Graham is barely getting 4-5 targets in the Seattle offense. You talk about a bad Oline and bad OC.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but "I think" SJ was saying that we are similar to Carolina, good D, good running game, average WR's, and if we had Davis, a QB that could run if he had to! As far as the TE, we don't have that, Cook is the typical Ram player with all kinds of potential, that he has shown in rare glimpses, and I do mean rare!

As I said not sure, but I think that's what he's trying to say!

Yes just stating the blueprint that is working now. Obviously we have some holes at TE and we have no Cam either.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but "I think" SJ was saying that we are similar to Carolina, good D, good running game, average WR's, and if we had Davis, a QB that could run if he had to! As far as the TE, we don't have that, Cook is the typical Ram player with all kinds of potential, that he has shown in rare glimpses, and I do mean rare!

As I said not sure, but I think that's what he's trying to say!

If we had a QB that was as physical a runner and as athletic as Newton, we'd be in good shape.
Maybe we trade up for Goff out of Cal next year? I'm still miffed that we traded up for Joyner, but didn't try and trade up to get Carr in 2014. Imagine if he was our QB right now...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Vita, that I would go so far to state that Olsen is better than ANY TE we have ever had. Some of the TEs that we have had that were pretty darn good at least as good or better than Olsen include Ernie Conwell (superbowl TE), Charlie Young (excellent TE for many years), and Big Bob Klein. Truax and Holohan were good too.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe starting Keenum for a week or 2 will make them appreciate Foles.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this move by Fisher is predicated on his belief that Keenum can facilitate wins for us. If we start Keenum and we lose both games (and the likelihood is good we will have two losses in the next two games) Fisher is going to look like a total idiot that we all know he is and that he is in wwwaaaayyyy over his head. It'll be interesting to listen to what excuse(s) he generates when Keenum fails in both games and then gets hurt in the process. I just can't wait to hear the pearls of wisdom Fisher is going pontificate about to try to cover his ass this time.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Smed maybe that's because Sam never played that crappy? Or got Benched lol. Its always been health issues with Sam not ability.
If we had a QB that was as physical a runner and as athletic as Newton, we'd be in good shape.
Maybe we trade up for Goff out of Cal next year? I'm still miffed that we traded up for Joyner, but didn't try and trade up to get Carr in 2014. Imagine if he was our QB right now...

I'd take Carr in a heartbeat, Oakland looks like they know what they are doing!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or even Bridgewater. Not sold on Goff yet tho. I think this year's college QB class isn't that good (2nd-3rd maybe?). Dak Prescott? Not sure on him either. This year is the year of the RB.

Haven't done a lot of research yet, but I've watched a lot of college football. Kevin Hogan from Standford is pretty good. Goff has had some really bad games this year. I think everyone is so high on him because he does have some talent, but they compare him to Aaron Rogers because they went to Cal.

Last 2 years have been pretty good QBs coming out. Carr is a stud, he's helped my fantasy team out a lot.

Usually by this time I have a college prospect thread going because we are already looking towards the draft. :painkiller:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANd I don't think Connor Cook is much better than Kirk Cousins.

There is probably 1 diamond in the rough in this QB class. Roll the dice.. But I think we need to get some more Oline help, WR, and plug in any holes on this defense.

I don't see any beasts at TE either, but there might be 1 or 2 that end up decent.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be the first to admit, that Foles has been horrendous so far, that being said, what does that say for Sammie when even after this horrific year Foles career numbers are still better than Sammies and his teams have won more games?

Look over here to the left Coug, I'm holding up my left hand!

Talk to the left, cuz you ain't right!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to take either Wilson or Fournette, we seem to take an SEC running back every year Stacy, Mason, Gurley, next?

Before I get grieve, I'm being sarcastic!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly with the QBs next year, it sounds like Lynch will probably go #1 overall and Goff will probably go #2 overall or possibly it might go the other way around.

Conner Cook is kinda seen as a 2nd tier guy. The kind of QB the Browns usually end up picking up late in rd1.

Rams best bet is probably OT in rd1 and then using their 2nd rounders on passing game weapons.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Cam is better than Davis. My point is look at the Carolina blueprint. It's a mobile QB, good RBs, solid Defense, good TE. Davis is the closest thing we've had to a mobile QB - actually sneaky quick for a white boy. Didn't have the arm really, but we will see what Case Keenum can do. I hope I am wrong.

That Carolina team is dominating with a ball control offense and really good defense.
This is why I was ticked we drafted Mannion and not Hundley.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or even Bridgewater. Not sold on Goff yet tho. I think this year's college QB class isn't that good (2nd-3rd maybe?). Dak Prescott? Not sure on him either. This year is the year of the RB.

Haven't done a lot of research yet, but I've watched a lot of college football. Kevin Hogan from Standford is pretty good. Goff has had some really bad games this year. I think everyone is so high on him because he does have some talent, but they compare him to Aaron Rogers because they went to Cal.

Last 2 years have been pretty good QBs coming out. Carr is a stud, he's helped my fantasy team out a lot.

Usually by this time I have a college prospect thread going because we are already looking towards the draft. :painkiller:

I feel that Goff has tried too hard because he hasn't had many meaningful games at CAL until this year. He has similar tools to Carr, but it's hard to find someone as competitive and as fiery of a leader as Carr.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher should have been fired after our game one loss to Minnesota last year as I vented in my post after that game. Not realistic I know, but neither is starting a quarterback who we cut last year and then traded a draft pick to get back! This year against Minnesota, down 10 - 0, he decides to go for two after our first touchdown and fails! What!!!

I think Fisher is in trouble and knows it for the following reason. He gave a spirited and authoritative rally speech out on the field before the start of the second half against the Bears to the whole team. What a poser! He wanted the stadium and television audience to see his what........... passion? These speeches are given inside the locker room during halftime! All he does during games is sleepwalk along the sideline. Where has the passion been after uncountable drive killing penalties, dropped passes, and missed assignments for the last few years!!!

If he put enough time and energy into following the blueprint of successful offenses as he does into special teams and trick plays, we'd be a better team.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fake punt last week was like :L

No one saw that coming Jeff.. :thumb: