• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Quarterback Scramble

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson would instantly propel this team into playoff contention. Plus, players will want to sign here with him at the helm

• Winner
Reactions: LGM

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson would instantly propel this team into playoff contention. Plus, players will want to sign here with him at the helm
Plus Denver would once again own the 4:00 PM time slot. Right now Denver cant attract the audience. Big time Prime time visibility for Watson and the team.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outscore teams because Denver does not have draft picks?

What draft pick was Shelby? How about Simmons? How about OJM?
We would have to out score teams because I do not believe the defense will be as good. I could be wrong. Fangio did a masterful job with street free agents end of 2020, but the more talent on the roster the easier it is.

I get you are all in on Watson. I would be excited for Watson to come to Denver, but I do have some concerns with what it will cost to get him. Different view points, but we both want Denver to start winning.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have to out score teams because I do not believe the defense will be as good. I could be wrong. Fangio did a masterful job with street free agents end of 2020, but the more talent on the roster the easier it is.

I get you are all in on Watson. I would be excited for Watson to come to Denver, but I do have some concerns with what it will cost to get him. Different view points, but we both want Denver to start winning.
I don't like trades usually - but getting Watson is worth the squeeze. One of the rarest things in the NFL history is a Super Bowl winner without a top QB.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like trades usually - but getting Watson is worth the squeeze. One of the rarest things in the NFL history is a Super Bowl winner without a top QB.

This.

Lawrence Taylor might be one of the few players on defense that could actually impact a game enough to create a chance to win. Ray Lewis, JJ Watt, etc. But those teams are few and far between. When was the last time a team was led by a "Dilfer" and made it to the Superbowl, much less a deep playoff run.

It's a qb league, and without one the odds are still stacked against us, even with an elite defense.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get I am alone in not wanting to trade for Watson as I think the cost is too great. Part of it is that I have not given up on Lock and feel there is still hope. I do understand why some have given up on Lock and do not believe he could become the guy. If he gets a chance in 2021 it should be his last.

Everyone has a different level where they feel the cost is too much. Where is your threshold where you would feel the cost is too high?

Another question, would you rather trade picks and players for Watson or pusue Dak next year in free agency as it sounds like he is not likely to sign a long term deal with Dallas.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get I am alone in not wanting to trade for Watson as I think the cost is too great. Part of it is that I have not given up on Lock and feel there is still hope. I do understand why some have given up on Lock and do not believe he could become the guy. If he gets a chance in 2021 it should be his last.

Everyone has a different level where they feel the cost is too much. Where is your threshold where you would feel the cost is too high?

Another question, would you rather trade picks and players for Watson or pusue Dak next year in free agency as it sounds like he is not likely to sign a long term deal with Dallas.
I love Prescott too. Given the choice of the two I’d go with Watson. With the pieces we have on offense we’d definitely be contenders if not favorites. We would be able to hang with any team offensively. Depending on players given up, we would have to see what our defense looks like. Sometimes the best defense is a high powered offense.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to discuss is if we don’t get Watson, which is a long shot anyways, do we try and maneuver up for Wilson, Fields, or Lance? Now I like Lance, a lot. But I’m not sure I’d move up for him. At 9, yea. But I’d probably be interested in a move up for Wilson and Fields. Another option is signing Dalton and getting a premier player like Parsons etc.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to discuss is if we don’t get Watson, which is a long shot anyways, do we try and maneuver up for Wilson, Fields, or Lance? Now I like Lance, a lot. But I’m not sure I’d move up for him. At 9, yea. But I’d probably be interested in a move up for Wilson and Fields. Another option is signing Dalton and getting a premier player like Parsons etc.

I personally like the idea of signing a vet like Fitzpatrick or Dalton over drafting a QB, unless we are moving on from Lock. Of the QBs in this draft I like Wilson the best of those likely going in the first round.

I actually like the idea of trying to trade back from 9 to accumulate additional picks (preferably at least 1 in 2022 to have additional ammo to move up for a QB if we are looking for a QB in 2022 draft) and drafting a guy like Jaycee Horn. One thing that Paton has talked about is building the war chest to have versatility in the draft, so I think this might actually fairly likely if we do not trade 9 for Watson. With Parson's character concerns he might fall to later in the draft too. Remember the last LB we took that slipped in the draft due to concerns? Shane Ray was ok, but not what we had hopped. He has now moved on to the Canadian Football League.

If we pass on a QB in the draft this year, I have heard some really like Sam Howell.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dak before the injury sure. Now I'd have to wait and see.

I haven't given up on Lock at all, but like people are reporting you make the trade when a generational talent is available. I think Locke is probably capable of a deep playoff run with a good defense, but hasn't as yet put a team on his back and made his mark. And the reports that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed is concerning now as well.

I'm fine going into next year with him. But if it's without him, it's got to be someone of that caliber.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak before the injury sure. Now I'd have to wait and see.

I haven't given up on Lock at all, but like people are reporting you make the trade when a generational talent is available. I think Locke is probably capable of a deep playoff run with a good defense, but hasn't as yet put a team on his back and made his mark. And the reports that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed is concerning now as well.

I'm fine going into next year with him. But if it's without him, it's got to be someone of that caliber.
I know the report is out there the Lock is the reason that the offense was paired back, but it could have been for a number of reasons as the offense was seriously young last year. It could have been due to Lock too, but we will likely never know.

I know Ryan and Ben on Broncos Country Tonight discussed this topic on last (2/17) and Ryan was pretty upset by it.

I don’t agree with everything they say and there is too much mocking of other people and media, but they bring up interesting points that get me to think about things differently.

If you have time I would recommend giving the a listen.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the report is out there the Lock is the reason that the offense was paired back, but it could have been for a number of reasons as the offense was seriously young last year. It could have been due to Lock too, but we will likely never know.

I know Ryan and Ben on Broncos Country Tonight discussed this topic on last (2/17) and Ryan was pretty upset by it.

I don’t agree with everything they say and there is too much mocking of other people and media, but they bring up interesting points that get me to think about things differently.

If you have time I would recommend giving the a listen.
The one thing - I found outrageous was the news article that Locke had to have the offense dumbed down for him last season. That was a cheap shot - since he was a young player with a new OC and no training camp or preseason. It was really a condemnation of the OC - if you ask me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing - I found outrageous was the news article that Locke had to have the offense dumbed down for him last season. That was a cheap shot - since he was a young player with a new OC and no training camp or preseason. It was really a condemnation of the OC - if you ask me.

I would agree with this if it were not for some of the things I've heard that Lock was doing. During Zoom meetings the coaches caught him more than once playing video games rather than paying attention. The whole the QB's getting taken out for the New Orleans game was because they were being very stupid the entire time. They had been warned and he still chose to not step up. Older players on the team have not been as impressed by him. The young guys love him because he is a lot of fun but you don't always need your QB to be fun. Manning knew when to have fun and when to put in the work. Lock hasn't figured that balance out yet.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with this if it were not for some of the things I've heard that Lock was doing. During Zoom meetings the coaches caught him more than once playing video games rather than paying attention. The whole the QB's getting taken out for the New Orleans game was because they were being very stupid the entire time. They had been warned and he still chose to not step up. Older players on the team have not been as impressed by him. The young guys love him because he is a lot of fun but you don't always need your QB to be fun. Manning knew when to have fun and when to put in the work. Lock hasn't figured that balance out yet.
This is the kind of behind the scenes info we’ve been yearning for. Welcome back prodigal son

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it a foregone conclusion Lock won't be around? It really seems premature to give up on him, Carl's reports of him goofing off not withstanding. Manning seems to think he's legit. I honestly don't care who our QB is as long as we're winning again. I like the idea of Watson because again, he's a young guy who has "face of the league" potential and in this era that can make a huge difference in a questionable call. (Sorry not sorry, the league has created this.) A young "face of the league" QB on an offense that can score a bunch and the Broncos will be contenders again, defensive decline or not.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it a foregone conclusion Lock won't be around? It really seems premature to give up on him, Carl's reports of him goofing off not withstanding. Manning seems to think he's legit. I honestly don't care who our QB is as long as we're winning again. I like the idea of Watson because again, he's a young guy who has "face of the league" potential and in this era that can make a huge difference in a questionable call. (Sorry not sorry, the league has created this.) A young "face of the league" QB on an offense that can score a bunch and the Broncos will be contenders again, defensive decline or not.

I think this depends on who you trust for information. There is a lot of conflicting things out there.

Based on what I heard and believe the Broncos have not give up on Lock but know they need better play out of the QB position. They are looking to get improved play but not willing to trade what it took for Stafford. They never were very interested in Wentz, but they did call and inquire on the price. If Watson becomes available I am sure they will call and inquire on what it would take to acquire him. Then they have to determine if they are willing to provide that level of compensation. I think this is great that the Broncos are inquiring because they are doing their due diligence.