• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Quarterback Scramble

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a pro football fan for decades - nothing compares to the number of QBs who seem to want to change teams this off season. Wilson, Watson, Rothlesberger, Wentz, Darnold - possibly Aaron Rodgers.

What's in the water?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of this is players leveraging the media to push teams in the direction they want, and some of this is teams not convinced they have their guy. Watson’s case is isolated due to the disfunction of the Texans organization.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of it hasto do with Brady telling the Bucs he wanted Gronk, Brown and Fournette and the teams doing it. Winning the Super Bowlmade Brady look like GM material and now every QB wants to tell the team who he wants to throw footballs to.

The big problem is that most them played football and didn't really get an education in college. they don't understand finances, personnel or understand exactly how the rules apply to the salary cap. How can I win if I don't have 'MY' guys catching my passes??

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this is just pure greed. QBs want to lock in huge cap-busting salaries before the league puts tighter limits on caps.

Yeah, too many players forget that they are just employees and don't run the show.

Is Darnold actively seeking a trade? Or is he just a pawn in the Game of Life, like Mongo? Tough to be a second-tier player in a shitty organization, I guess.

Dak is another one. The Cowboys had to franchise him the past season, and they either have to franchise him again or give in to his salary demands. The franchise price, which is based on existing contracts, will ratchet up again and make the cost to keep a quarterback even less friendly to team in an era of decreasing caps.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a pro football fan for decades - nothing compares to the number of QBs who seem to want to change teams this off season. Wilson, Watson, Rothlesberger, Wentz, Darnold - possibly Aaron Rodgers.

What's in the water?

since when does Roethlisberger want to change teams?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao you're kidding, right? A Larry Brown Sports article from 2018??
Yeah - my bad - google in haste - repent in leisure.

The Steelers are $20million over the salary cap and Ben is slated to make $40 million. I don't know what happened at the meeting this week they were supposed to have. Ben say he will play and the money doesn't matter - somehow I think it will matter. WE will see.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - my bad - google in haste - repent in leisure.

The Steelers are $20million over the salary cap and Ben is slated to make $40 million. I don't know what happened at the meeting this week they were supposed to have. Ben say he will play and the money doesn't matter - somehow I think it will matter. WE will see.
that i can agree with; i'll believe that "the money doesn't matter" when I see it.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klis saying that most of the Broncos aren't sold on Lock, including a lot of players. Expects to see a Lock/Trubisky training camp.

WTF? Trubisky? That better not be the best Paton can do.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klis saying that most of the Broncos aren't sold on Lock, including a lot of players. Expects to see a Lock/Trubisky training camp.

I would throw up lol

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lock/Trubisky is a staging area on the elevator down to hell.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I see Trubisky coming here, in fact I would think the likelihood is that Trubisky ends up back in Chicago is high. I don’t buy the Bears perceived interest in Wentz. If the Bears had offered #20, Cohn, and Foles, the deal should be done by now.

What do I know though. Time will tell.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I see Trubisky coming here, in fact I would think the likelihood is that Trubisky ends up back in Chicago is high. I don’t buy the Bears perceived interest in Wentz. If the Bears had offered #20, Cohn, and Foles, the deal should be done by now.

What do I know though. Time will tell.

Philly has yet to get a 1st rounder in any offer for Wentz, according to reports.

I really don't care. Just get the moving and shaking done, so there's nowhere else to go for Watson except to Denver. Or at least not the Raiders.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has yet to get a 1st rounder in any offer for Wentz, according to reports.

I really don't care. Just get the moving and shaking done, so there's nowhere else to go for Watson except to Denver. Or at least not the Raiders.
I think Watson to Denver is pretty unlikely, but time will tell.

I would not be surprised if he is not traded.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson to Denver is pretty unlikely, but time will tell.

I would not be surprised if he is not traded.
I live in Houston, so all the "insider" stuff here is mind numbing. But he's all but said to people who would know that he's either getting traded to a team he approves of (no trade clause), or he's sitting out.