• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the 25th Pick in the Draft

Also picks 53 and 57 in Rd 2

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading this thread and I'm surprised by how everyone seems to be ok with current linebacker group

they are so slow, dont tackle well. they are all just....eh ok

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading this thread and I'm surprised by how everyone seems to be ok with current linebacker group

they are so slow, dont tackle well. they are all just....eh ok

Having elite LBs would be nice. I wanted LVE last year but it wasn’t meant to be. I’m cool with Bradham still but think we need to try to upgrade Hicks.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having elite LBs would be nice. I wanted LVE last year but it wasn’t meant to be. I’m cool with Bradham still but think we need to try to upgrade Hicks.

I don’t think they have to be Elite for this defense to hum....if we had Bradham and a solidly healthy Hicks I would be tremendously happy.

Hicks will be just another of the myriad situations to address this offseason. If I had to guess now....they let Hicks test out the market. He might not be a slam dunk FA signing due to the injury history. If I am guessing how this team approaches it....they look for a value FA signing that could go into the mix whether Hicks comes back or not.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they have to be Elite for this defense to hum....if we had Bradham and a solidly healthy Hicks I would be tremendously happy.

Hicks will be just another of the myriad situations to address this offseason. If I had to guess now....they let Hicks test out the market. He might not be a slam dunk FA signing due to the injury history. If I am guessing how this team approaches it....they look for a value FA signing that could go into the mix whether Hicks comes back or not.

Apparently Sean Lee will be available. Another guy who is good when healthy...but never healthy.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said before that LBs seem to be undervalued on a defense the same way a RB is to an offense, but it's often overlooked with how much better they make the unit until you have good ones. If a LB has a first round grade that fits what we do and is theoretically available, we should consider it just like any other position. Look at what Darius Leonard did for that Colts team this year.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to get a RB that can play all 3 downs and is a threat to take it to the house any time they touch the ball. Nobody respects our non-existent run game.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to get a RB that can play all 3 downs and is a threat to take it to the house any time they touch the ball. Nobody respects our non-existent run game.

If you were in the Eagle's FO, would you make a play for Le'Veon Bell this off-season?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a DT early.

As we saw without Jernigan all year and without Cox yesterday. The lack of depth there has been a season destroyer.

After that we need youth at Safety and youth along the Oline.

A Pederson style bruising RB that can also catch would be nice somewhere along the way.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a Rutgers guy so I love schiano...but no. I don’t see him as an NFL DC and not sure his style would mesh with Dougie P.
as a huge Buckeye fan I have mixed feelings about Shiano as a DC. This past season he was awful and the Buckeyes were a historically bad on defense. Now, part of that was by terrible LB play, which former LB coach Bill Davis was responsible for. I wanted Bowles, but he is now off the table. If pass on Schian o though.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as of today this is where I stand on draft needs. First, beef up the aging OL. Second, a stud DT or LB would be my wish. Third, we truly need a bell cow for a three down back since Wentz will be out guy from here on out. He's the future, protect that investment by protecting him. Now for FA. This is where we can add depth on the lines and possibly look into a burner AT ( D Jackson) on a short term deal? He may still want out of TB? Cut Wallace. Just my opinion.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 25 I'd bet my money on a DT, DE or a top tier S that may fall. Cover type obviously. Learn behind Jenkins and Rodney for a year play a lot on nickle/dime before taking over a spot.

Deep crop of RBs this year but no 'headliners' like last few years. Tho I'd love to see one drafted in top half of draft I would bet we dont draft one at all. Too many other holes the FO values.

Same with a speed WR but I'd bet they sign another vet for that position and probably LB too

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as of today this is where I stand on draft needs. First, beef up the aging OL. Second, a stud DT or LB would be my wish. Third, we truly need a bell cow for a three down back since Wentz will be out guy from here on out. He's the future, protect that investment by protecting him. Now for FA. This is where we can add depth on the lines and possibly look into a burner AT ( D Jackson) on a short term deal? He may still want out of TB? Cut Wallace. Just my opinion.

Team only has $6M in cap space without Foles. Wallace is a free agent, so no need to cut him. Ngata, BGraham, Tate, Long, Darby, Hicks, Ajayi, Sudfeld all free agents among others. Most improvement will need to be through the draft and taking shots on lesser names in free agency.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team only has $6M in cap space without Foles. Wallace is a free agent, so no need to cut him. Ngata, BGraham, Tate, Long, Darby, Hicks, Ajayi, Sudfeld all free agents among others. Most improvement will need to be through the draft and taking shots on lesser names in free agency.

You are correct but freeing up cap space is not hard to do. Convert another year of Cox's salary into bonus and save 10m do the same with peters another 10m. Howie does this stuff in his sleep.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct but freeing up cap space is not hard to do. Convert another year of Cox's salary into bonus and save 10m do the same with peters another 10m. Howie does this stuff in his sleep.

Somewhat, but there has to be multiple big dollar free agents on that list to retain. Keeping Foles is not in the cards without taking a hit elsewhere.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were in the Eagle's FO, would you make a play for Le'Veon Bell this off-season?
No he would cost too much and he is a distraction. You could get a really good RB in the 2nd rd. One of the RB's from Bama would be nice. Would you go for Bell?