• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this!

I will change my mind on a lot between now and the draft....but one thing I will not change on is that 1st round needs to be OL or DL (though I could see Secondary becoming acceptable for the right guy).

We do need 2 new safeties. Malcolm is near the end and Mcleod may not be back at normal, and is good , but not great either. If one is there, I would take a safety who is comparable to Ramsey.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Ramsey is available this off season. Would you trade our 1st pick for him?
I would! We need to replace 2 safeties soon. He is an all-pro stud!
If we would do that, we have two 2nds to get a DT, nd an OT.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Ramsey is available this off season. Would you trade our 1st pick for him?

I wouldn’t.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ramsey is a shit talking headache. it's also a question mark of varying degrees to how a corner will adjust to a new coordinator/scheme/system.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ramsey is good, but he is the Odell Beckham of CBs (not in a good way). Unless you're trading for Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack, 1st rounder I keep and take my chances in the draft.

With how bad we are sucking right now, we need all the draft capital we can get to start re-shaping the roster.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey is good, but he is the Odell Beckham of CBs (not in a good way). Unless you're trading for Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack, 1st rounder I keep and take my chances in the draft.

With how bad we are sucking right now, we need all the draft capital we can get to start re-shaping the roster.

Totally agree with this.

I often think of spending high (especially very high) picks on guys like this being a thing you do when you are a player or two away and just need it to get over the top. For instance....Tate was that type of move to me.....and just two weeks later it seems a massive miscalculation of the roster we currently have.

This is a roster that needs a lot of work and that is going to take youth and good picking. That takes a lot of picks....especially high value picks.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rd 1 needs to be OL or DL ... Peters is done, so all we have is Lane Johnson as a pro caliber starting Tackle. Big V took a huge step back this year and it's obvious he's nothing but a fill in backup. At LG we have nothing ... Wiz, Seumalo ... garbage. The entire Left side of our OL this year has been flat out bad. Our DL, in particular DE will likely lose Brandon Graham to free agency while Chris Long may retire. Bennett will likely be back, but he's getting up there in age while Derek Barnett is coming back from injury.

I get we need 2ndary help, but I think it's the hardest area to get correct ... especially with early rounders. I would rather address the 2ndary in free agency with vets or later in the draft.

What happens at WR will be interesting ... I'm hoping we can re-sign Golden Tate somehow as he would be an excellent safety blanket for Wentz once they get in sync. I still have hope that Mack Hollins will be a player once healthy next season.

At RB it would be nice to snag a 3rd down specialty guy in Rd 4 or 5 if Josh Evans can continue to establish himself at the position. I actually see a lot of a young DeMarco Murray in Evans.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent points Rey, as usual. OT & DL are obvious, but you know we don't want to reach for a position (ala Danny Watkins). In the first round, always take the BPA. It's important t get as many stars a possible. With the exception of QB, I want the BPA in the first 2 or 3 rounds, and hopefully we can get an OT, a DT, and a Safety with the 3 early picks we have. I hope that we will get a lot of comp picks.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight the Tate move looks questionable - but I was good (and still am) with that move. Like Rey said, the Birds might re-sign him in the off-season and he would give us a nice playmaker moving forward... Agholor has been a disappointment this year and I don't think we should pick up his option this off-season - use those resources to retain Tate. I'd say Tate's got 2-3 prime years left; I'd rather take a gamble on him than trying with the inconsistencies of Agholor in future years.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor is due $9,387,000 in 2019 if we pick up his option ... not worth it imo. If he was worth that there would have been no reason to give up a 3rd for Tate.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next draft has to be focused on the offensive line. We have to protect Wentz and replace guys like Peters and Seumalo. We also probably need a better prospect to groom to replace Kelce, who is getting older too. We have Jordan Mailata but he is a project. More depth and talent is definitely needed.

And we need to restock the defensive line, which is going to become a problem sooner than many realize, especially if they don't re-sign Brandon Graham. We need another DT inside and probably another edge rusher. Maybe guys like Derrick Barnett and Josh Sweat can grow into major roles, but depth is probably still needed there because we can't count on Michael Bennett and Chris Long beyond this season.

I am looking at some of the Clemson and Alabama D linemen, and the OT from West Virginia, Yodny Cajuste, as a guy for us.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next draft has to be focused on the offensive line. We have to protect Wentz and replace guys like Peters and Seumalo. We also probably need a better prospect to groom to replace Kelce, who is getting older too. We have Jordan Mailata but he is a project. More depth and talent is definitely needed.

And we need to restock the defensive line, which is going to become a problem sooner than many realize, especially if they don't re-sign Brandon Graham. We need another DT inside and probably another edge rusher. Maybe guys like Derrick Barnett and Josh Sweat can grow into major roles, but depth is probably still needed there because we can't count on Michael Bennett and Chris Long beyond this season.

I am looking at some of the Clemson and Alabama D linemen, and the OT from West Virginia, Yodny Cajuste, as a guy for us.

Good points Iggy.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Jordan Mailata but he is a project.

If/when we are mathematically eliminated ... I would like to see this guy get some PT to see how he responds.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that CFB is just about over and bowl season will begin shortly. I'll be tuning in on the games, especially the playoffs. However, I suspect many top players may sit out and I got to agree with this. I know from being a Buckeye fan, my belief DreMont Jones will probably out, Nick Bosa left school in October to rehab his injury, Haskins in a dark horse. We will be losing a few this season again for the draft. I want to see these guys from Clemson. That nasty Dline is very good. Thoughts on who want to see and are interested in?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 3 top choices we have, I think we go the best DT, OT, and DE, we can get, but not overlooking the BPA no matter the position. I'll have names later.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speedy, crafty outside receiver with a lot of talent. Keep an eye on him through the draft process.

Regardless of what scheme you run and how much you employ them, teams that have impact linebackers make their defenses better. In hindsight, our defense during the SB run last season was really good because of quality linebacker play. Hodge is a tackling machine and a guy I see gaining steam as the draft process rolls along. Outside of Bradham and Hicks (neither have had great seasons but still good), we need new blood at the position, especially if Hicks moves on.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I think they need a RB I highly doubt they sniff at any other than RD4 at best. Douglas just doesnt value RB much