• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team only has $6M in cap space without Foles. Wallace is a free agent, so no need to cut him. Ngata, BGraham, Tate, Long, Darby, Hicks, Ajayi, Sudfeld all free agents among others. Most improvement will need to be through the draft and taking shots on lesser names in free agency.

I'm with you on building through the draft and all that, and I do think that will be the priority moving forward for the Eagles. But Howie also likes to take gambles here and there on certain guys, I could see the Eagles being in play for Bell on a one-year bridge contract if the market is not there for him as he anticipates.

I remember a couple of years ago when we signed Alshon Jeffery to the one-year deal and everyone was wondering how the hell we were able to fit him under the cap. If the situation is right, Howie will find a way to make it work... few (if any) in the NFL play with the salary cap better than Howie Roseman. There are many of us Eagles fans that are anticipating there could be significant turnover in current personnel as we look to re-tool and shed (or re-structure) some of the big contracts currently on the team... there's a lot at play this off-season.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he would cost too much and he is a distraction. You could get a really good RB in the 2nd rd. One of the RB's from Bama would be nice. Would you go for Bell?

Personally I would not, but I could see the Birds making a play for him on a one year deal if the market is not there for him, similar to what they did with Jeffery a couple of years ago. Knowing Roseman the way we do it's something I could see him doing.

I'm also with you on that Jacobs kid from Alabama, he's got all the tools to be an impact guy in the NFL.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would, but I don't think they will.

I am just about completely and fully certain they will not.

As for Bell....there will be teams that want him (Jets keep coming up) and will pay for him. Then there are teams that will stay rather clear of him anywhere near asking price because of how he has handled himself in the past (taking that angle from an NFL teams point of view).

I firmly see the Eagles in that latter category on Bell.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it for 2 years now. Get Wentz some offensive weapons.
1. Wide Receiver
2. Wide Receiver
2. Running Back

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for the first round at 25, I'm looking at possibly Murphy CB out of UW or possibly LSU CB Greedy Williams. I do like UK RB Snell. Not sure where mocks have him going? Maybe Dremont Jones in second round of he is still onboard? I think he goes in first though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have some players like Jason Peters that will need to be cut to generate cap space. But they can get sufficient space to sign most core players and maybe sign a FA or two.

In the draft, they need to address LT, S and RB among other positions. They actually have a plethora of young corners when you consider the guys out earlier this season like Jalen Mills and Sydney Jones, to go along with Rasul Douglas, Avonte Maddox and the surprisingly decent Cre'Von LeBlanc. I could see another corner there, I guess, but I don't think it is as big a need as other positions.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need a dual threat running back. Protecting Wentz will be a high priority. I'm expecting Oline and a running back in the first two rounds even though the Eagles haven't prioritized the position. This year we have an extra pick in the first few days of the draft. They could go a variety of different ways here. We need a DT and probably DE as well with so many free agents. Nigel Bradham got really good at missing tackles and our linebackers as a whole are average. We could use another corner (who couldn't) but we lack a play making at safety even when McLeod was back there.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like him over Josh Jacobs?
I think Jacob's may possibly go first round. I'm always skeptical about drafting Bama RBs for some reason? I would take Snell over him to answer your question. I think we can snag a very good corner in the first at 25.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like him over Josh Jacobs?

I've been on the Jacobs train for a while ... that being said I don't think I can take him in Rd 1. Our OL needs a load of help as Peters will either retire or get cut (just not worth his cap #); he's constantly hurt and on his last legs. Brandon Brooks is likely on the IR to start next season and we don't have talent at LG either. Not to mention there's been whispers than Kelce may not play too many more years. Lane Johnson is our only given going into next season ... hopefully we can get some help at OL in free agency. Again, I love Jacobs as a prospect, but RB is more of a Rd 4 or 5 option .. just too many other areas of need ahead of RB.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One year starter but very talented with a lot of upside. I think he should garner some interest for us at 25.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would not, but I could see the Birds making a play for him on a one year deal if the market is not there for him, similar to what they did with Jeffery a couple of years ago. Knowing Roseman the way we do it's something I could see him doing.

I'm also with you on that Jacobs kid from Alabama, he's got all the tools to be an impact guy in the NFL.

Benny Snell, Ky.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on the Jacobs train for a while ... that being said I don't think I can take him in Rd 1. Our OL needs a load of help as Peters will either retire or get cut (just not worth his cap #); he's constantly hurt and on his last legs. Brandon Brooks is likely on the IR to start next season and we don't have talent at LG either. Not to mention there's been whispers than Kelce may not play too many more years. Lane Johnson is our only given going into next season ... hopefully we can get some help at OL in free agency. Again, I love Jacobs as a prospect, but RB is more of a Rd 4 or 5 option .. just too many other areas of need ahead of RB.

BENNY SNELL - YEAH!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just about completely and fully certain they will not.

As for Bell....there will be teams that want him (Jets keep coming up) and will pay for him. Then there are teams that will stay rather clear of him anywhere near asking price because of how he has handled himself in the past (taking that angle from an NFL teams point of view).

I firmly see the Eagles in that latter category on Bell.
why not? he only hit a woman, it's not like it was a dog, which they were okay with.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to be a strong draft for DTs, take one with the 1st or see which one falls to one of their second picks?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for the first round at 25, I'm looking at possibly Murphy CB out of UW or possibly LSU CB Greedy Williams. I do like UK RB Snell. Not sure where mocks have him going? Maybe Dremont Jones in second round of he is still onboard? I think he goes in first though.
Don't imagine either of those CBs makes it to the eagles pick.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not? he only hit a woman, it's not like it was a dog, which they were okay with.

Well, that’s a solid point.

I guess a lot could happen over the summer to go towards rehabbing Hunts image. But I don’t expect such a quick turnaround on those fronts. Dude is pure noise and kryptonite right now.

On a strictly talent standpoint my God he would be just the addition we would need behind wentz. But I just can’t see it happening.