• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Redshirt draft eligible Soph I really like is LSU CB Greedy Williams (great name) ... just had yet another INT a few minutes ago against Auburn. This kid imo is a sure fire 1st rounder barring injury. I think we seriously need to look at OL in 2019, but I keep an eye on all positions ;)

Who wouldn't want Greedy? He'll probably be a top 5 pick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an early top 3 picks projection:
RAEKWON DAVIS, DT, ALA.
ISAIAH PRINCE, OT, OHIO ST.
BENNY SNELL, RB, KY.

Just remember these names. Look at them in the combine next month. Like Rey said earlier, Mailata could surprise and be our LT next year, or compete for the backup. I also like Pryor as the future LG. Add these two to Kelce, Brooks, and Johnson, and we have a great OL.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good draft for DT and DE. I fully expect at least 2 drafted from these positions and where the Eagles are likely picking in the 1st there will be a couple good ones available.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, as we look to next weeks game against the saints, what is everyone feeling as draft needs...

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, as we look to next weeks game against the saints, what is everyone feeling as draft needs...
With the 32nd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles select a stud WR (like I have been saying for 2 years now).
With one of the picks in the 2nd round, they take ANOTHER stud WR.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT, DE, RB. With our top 3 picks. I think we're good with our WR's, if we keep Tate, and we trade for DJAX.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJAX might get cut this off-season...

I'm thinking at this point our first rounder might be a lineman - keep an eye on DT Simmons Mississippi State... Jernigan clone.

We've missed on a lot of really good RBs the past couple of years - if a good one is still on the board before the end of Rd 4, we need to grab one. Adams is not good at all and Smallwood is what he is - not a bad option as a #3 or #4 guy but should not be your go to guy.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT, DE, RB. With our top 3 picks. I think we're good with our WR's, if we keep Tate, and we trade for DJAX.

As it stands at this point....totally agreed on the draft priority.
I would call it resign Tate or (maybe) sign DJAX. Not both.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest needs?

DE, OL, S, RB

Given the team is already $10mm over on next years cap and we need to sign wentz it's highly unlikely they're signing any FA of note.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This off-season we're going to get a good look at the Joe Douglas model... we don't have any money for FA's so the focus will be on the draft and finding some gems in between. Depending on what we do with Foles we could have 10-12 draft picks to play with this year. We need a good draft, as this team presumably transitions with new blood in the next couple of years and we need some new talent to replace some of our high-priced vets moving forward.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest needs?

DE, OL, S, RB

Given the team is already $10mm over on next years cap and we need to sign wentz it's highly unlikely they're signing any FA of note.

We don't have to sign Wentz for 2 more years. We have several players who will be free agents or cut, so Howie will have the resources to sign everybody they really want, plus sign a couple free agents. We still need to draft a stud DT to pair with Cos. Jernigan cannot be counted on the play every day.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to sign Wentz for 2 more years. We have several players who will be free agents or cut, so Howie will have the resources to sign everybody they really want, plus sign a couple free agents. We still need to draft a stud DT to pair with Cos. Jernigan cannot be counted on the play every day.

I thought 1st rounders only had 4 years to FA?
I don't disagree with the need for a dt. You can usually get a rotation guy in the mid rounds. And we have possibly two DE's moving on next year which would leave us with just bennet, barnet and an unproven rookie. DE is a premium position that you want to fill, usually with a high pick. We have 3 picks in the top 64 and you'd like to use them to fill the premium positions which are usually DE, LT, CB.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought 1st rounders only had 4 years to FA?
I don't disagree with the need for a dt. You can usually get a rotation guy in the mid rounds. And we have possibly two DE's moving on next year which would leave us with just bennet, barnet and an unproven rookie. DE is a premium position that you want to fill, usually with a high pick. We have 3 picks in the top 64 and you'd like to use them to fill the premium positions which are usually DE, LT, CB.

Somebody else (Rey?) can verify this, but I'm pretty sure that Carson is on the third year of a 5 year deal, plus we can also franchise him after that.
Also, Jernigan can't be counted on to stay healthy, and we need a stud DT, not another rotation guy, to go along with Cox. DE certainly is another need, one to go along with Barnett.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody else (Rey?) can verify this, but I'm pretty sure that Carson is on the third year of a 5 year deal, plus we can also franchise him after that.
Also, Jernigan can't be counted on to stay healthy, and we need a stud DT, not another rotation guy, to go along with Cox. DE certainly is another need, one to go along with Barnett.

Confirmed. Four year rookie deals with fifth year, team controlled option.

We can indeed franchise at that point, and perhaps the injury question will still have to play itself out and warrant tagging. But that’s a tough stretch.

We would most like spend less in year one of a new monster deal than we would pay for that franchise tag for one year.

Pretty much makes sense at this point that it’s a two year window to make up minds

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep an eye on Simmons, DT form Mississippi State. Plays just like Jernigan and he can start Day 1 next to Cox should we move forward from Jernigan and his big salary after this season. DL seems to be relatively deep this year.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I would have him on a list, but not high up.

Plus, at this point I feel like Schwartz has done just enough to not be ousted from Philly, but maybe not enough to get real looks for HC jobs.

:agree:

Unless he decides to leave, Schwartz will likely be here for another year. He's made adjustments to his stupid picket defense and has the MASH unit secondary playing well of late... I was very critical of him earlier in the year (rightfully so IMO) but he's been better recently.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Unless he decides to leave, Schwartz will likely be here for another year. He's made adjustments to his stupid picket defense and has the MASH unit secondary playing well of late... I was very critical of him earlier in the year (rightfully so IMO) but he's been better recently.

Completely agreed. I am not saying I am in love with Schwartz at all...I am just no where near as pissed at this point. Logic tells me the team could very well feel the same way. Making a change is disruptive under the best of outcomes.....and those "best of outcomes" happen rarely.