• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having elite LBs would be nice. I wanted LVE last year but it wasn’t meant to be. I’m cool with Bradham still but think we need to try to upgrade Hicks.
I too wouldn't mind an elite LB, if somehow they could get White, fantastic. Just don't see that being in the cards.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that’s a solid point.

I guess a lot could happen over the summer to go towards rehabbing Hunts image. But I don’t expect such a quick turnaround on those fronts. Dude is pure noise and kryptonite right now.

On a strictly talent standpoint my God he would be just the addition we would need behind wentz. But I just can’t see it happening.
While I was being a bit facetious, even in this day and age, I don't see there being more blowback than they got over Vick.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was being a bit facetious, even in this day and age, I don't see there being more blowback than they got over Vick.
Who gives a crap about the blowback, win a SB and everything is forgotten. Not saying that I condone it, but someone is going to grab him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt's situation is complicated. As soon as he signs somewhere he would be suspended. Why would a team bother signing him if the league is going to turn right around and suspend him? probably for up to a year.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt's situation is complicated. As soon as he signs somewhere he would be suspended. Why would a team bother signing him if the league is going to turn right around and suspend him? probably for up to a year.

This was my point of view....not so much the popular opinion or PR backlash. Who gives a crap about that?

I believe (?) he might have ongoing legal proceedings about this, which would play even more into the leagues view and punishment. But there will be punishment no doubt. And that’s what makes him fallout at this point.

From strictly X’s and O’s.....holy Christ I want that thug in my backfield!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my point of view....not so much the popular opinion or PR backlash. Who gives a crap about that?

I believe (?) he might have ongoing legal proceedings about this, which would play even more into the leagues view and punishment. But there will be punishment no doubt. And that’s what makes him fallout at this point.

From strictly X’s and O’s.....holy Christ I want that thug in my backfield!
in your post I quoted that was pretty much the only thing you mentioned.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your post I quoted that was pretty much the only thing you mentioned.

Yeah. You are dead on there. Problem is I suck at communication. I figured you’d know this by now. Lol

My mind went there with the Vick comparison. Difference was that it was only PR at that point with Vick. Punishment phase was over.

On reading more comments I crystaized more on the real concern with Hunt. He gonna be suspended and likely for a good bit.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we getting your first Mock Rey? I'm itchin for it already :thumb:!

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on the Jacobs train for a while ... that being said I don't think I can take him in Rd 1. Our OL needs a load of help as Peters will either retire or get cut (just not worth his cap #); he's constantly hurt and on his last legs. Brandon Brooks is likely on the IR to start next season and we don't have talent at LG either. Not to mention there's been whispers than Kelce may not play too many more years. Lane Johnson is our only given going into next season ... hopefully we can get some help at OL in free agency. Again, I love Jacobs as a prospect, but RB is more of a Rd 4 or 5 option .. just too many other areas of need ahead of RB.

If we wind up trading Foles for say a 2nd rounder (I think it could and probably should be more maybe a 2nd and a later round pick) would you still be opposed to drafting a RB by the 2nd round? Who are your mid round favorites?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we getting your first Mock Rey? I'm itchin for it already :thumb:!

lol ... one of the guys I really like for our 1st round pick this year is Washington CB Byron Murphy. Ideally there would be a stud OLinemen at 25, but I'm not in love from the early projections of players at that position in the 20's. Still a bit early for mocks, but lmk what you think of Murphy if you catch some highlights; I think his style would be an excellent fit somewhere in our 2ndary.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ... one of the guys I really like for our 1st round pick this year is Washington CB Byron Murphy. Ideally there would be a stud OLinemen at 25, but I'm not in love from the early projections of players at that position in the 20's. Still a bit early for mocks, but lmk what you think of Murphy if you catch some highlights; I think his style would be an excellent fit somewhere in our 2ndary.
See post#107. We are on the same page.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See post#107. We are on the same page.

That kid's a baller, LB mentality from a Cornerback. Extremely instinctive and a ball hawk. Our young Corners started coming together late in the season and will only get better with experience (LeBlanc, Maddox and Douglas). Sydney Jones will hopefully be back to 100% next season and if you add Murphy into the mix we could be solid moving forward. Add a Safety later in the draft and we're ready to head into camp :)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid's a baller, LB mentality from a Cornerback. Extremely instinctive and a ball hawk. Our young Corners started coming together late in the season and will only get better with experience (LeBlanc, Maddox and Douglas). Sydney Jones will hopefully be back to 100% next season and if you add Murphy into the mix we could be solid moving forward. Add a Safety later in the draft and we're ready to head into camp :)
I was impressed with his game with that Husky defense. He looked very good in the Rose Bowl against a high powered offense TOSU and Haskins. Not too many passes were going his direction. On another note, my gut tells me that the Giants will be drafting Haskins, ugh!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murphy is talented, but skinny. another Sidney?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What precedent is there to suspend him for an entire year? Should be 6 games, no?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What precedent is there to suspend him for an entire year? Should be 6 games, no?

Precedent? And Goodell? And the NFL punishment system?

I agree that it should be....but they reserve the right. And it rarely makes much sense.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a 2nd incident that hasn't been talked about much with Hunt. There was talk that he could serve up to a full season if/when he ever signs with another team.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy is talented, but skinny. another Sidney?

Murphy is a physical Corner ... he's actually the opposite of Syd Jones in that aspect. He's between 180 and 185 at 5'11" with a decent frame; not skinny.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a 2nd incident that hasn't been talked about much with Hunt. There was talk that he could serve up to a full season if/when he ever signs with another team.

Hmm. I suppose it’s possible. Elliott has multiple instances but got 6 games. Then again, he wasn’t on video.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. I suppose it’s possible. Elliott has multiple instances but got 6 games. Then again, he wasn’t on video.

Yeah. Video makes it utterly damning. If it was just words and reports I could see far less games and be more enthusiastic for the Eagles to pursue. With the video....yikes.