• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Talk 2021

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Windhorst saying there is a growing belief around the league is that if Drummond is bought out, he's going to the Lakers. Marc Stein saying the same thing while also adding that the Miami Heat are believed to be the top spot for Lamarcus Aldridge.

Also, some reports out there that the Lakers might be willing to move KCP, THT, and maybe picks in some trades but Windy saying Lakers aren't willing to go that far. They're trying to get another guard/wing. Might instead look into the buyout market for someone like George Hill (who they are also kicking trade tires on), Austin Rivers, Wayne Ellington, JJ Redick, etc. None of those players have been bought out yet fwiw

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Windhorst saying there is a growing belief around the league is that if Drummond is bought out, he's going to the Lakers. Marc Stein saying the same thing while also adding that the Miami Heat are believed to be the top spot for Lamarcus Aldridge.

Also, some reports out there that the Lakers might be willing to move KCP, THT, and maybe picks in some trades but Windy saying Lakers aren't willing to go that far. They're trying to get another guard/wing. Might instead look into the buyout market for someone like George Hill (who they are also kicking trade tires on), Austin Rivers, Wayne Ellington, JJ Redick, etc. None of those players have been bought out yet fwiw

It makes more sense for Dre to go to LA in light of the injuries but when they're full strength it gets tight

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder are telling teams offers for George Hill need to be made today. The Sixers, Lakers and Clippers are potential trade partners.

Last edited:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Miami doesnt trade Herro for Lowry. Im ok with Nunn or Duncan, but Id like to see them keep Herro.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder are telling teams offers for George Hill need to be made today. The Sixers, Lakers and Clippers are potential trade partners.

I would much prefer giving up some 2nds or a protected 1st for George Hill instead of giving up multiple picks plus Thybulle/Maxey for Lowry.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much prefer giving up some 2nds or a protected 1st for George Hill instead of giving up multiple picks plus Thybulle/Maxey for Lowry.
I hear you but I expect the Sixers to go for a maximum splash.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but I expect the Sixers to go for a maximum splash.

They might. You never know with Morey.

But they have the 2nd best record in the NBA and won 5 of 6 without their MVP candidate center. Doc has the team playing its best basketball of the year right now.

How willing will he be to break that up?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might. You never know with Morey.

But they have the 2nd best record in the NBA and won 5 of 6 without their MVP candidate center. Doc has the team playing its best basketball of the year right now.

How willing will he be to break that up?
If you watch this team every night, you come to appreciate what Danny Green brings to the team. Any deal for a guy with a high salary is going to command Green and Scott to match salary. I don’t think subtracting Green and adding a guy like Lowry that needs the ball in his hands to be effective makes this team better. They need a 3 and D wing who is either better than Green and can take him to the bench or a bench guy who maybe won’t take Green’s starting spot but will take away about 5-7 of his minutes per game. Green and Howard are the only guys who have climbed the playoff mountain and have rings. Until Ben and Jo do it, those kind of guys hold much unseen by the outside value in that locker room. DG has grown on me.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean there’s a big difference between Lowry ans hill. But I get it.

ideally it would Ferguson and frenchy plus a couple seconds for hill.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch this team every night, you come to appreciate what Danny Green brings to the team. Any deal for a guy with a high salary is going to command Green and Scott to match salary. I don’t think subtracting Green and adding a guy like Lowry that needs the ball in his hands to be effective makes this team better. They need a 3 and D wing who is either better than Green and can take him to the bench or a bench guy who maybe won’t take Green’s starting spot but will take away about 5-7 of his minutes per game. Green and Howard are the only guys who have climbed the playoff mountain and have rings. Until Ben and Jo do it, those kind of guys hold much unseen by the outside value in that locker room. DG has grown on me.

Exactly right. Losing Green hurts the team. He is easily the most willing 3 point shooter we have. He's a pretty good defender and he plays a lot of crunch time minutes. He's far from perfect but losing him would hurt the team.

If we could get Lowry without losing current contributors, I would be all in for it. But I don't see how we do that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huge difference between Hill and Lowry. Which is why he would be MUCH cheaper. Hill could be acquired using the Sixers trade exception so the Thunder may be happy just collecting more assets, in their quest to have every draft pick in the league.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference between Hill and Lowry. Which is why he would be MUCH cheaper. Hill could be acquired using the Sixers trade exception so the Thunder may be happy just collecting more assets, in their quest to have every draft pick in the league.

makes sense.

if I’m them I’m trying to get joe and reed

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thunder aren’t taking Ferguson back